Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Who’s on the market for 2024, that’s “top notch”?Only way a “top notch” signing is coming to Manly is if the club has enticed them to ask for a release at their current club.But the only reason they’d leave is to get more $$$,which Manly can’t afford
As per Zero Tackle

So looks like the equation for very moderately priced squad guys , Woods and Boyle out , Brown and Waddell in .
Maybe Brown on a slightly more contract category and not inconceivable if he can again show some level of competitive and injury free form ,.could come into the frame as a 13 .
Wadell strictly as a depth signing and about on par with Woods and Boyle [ when fit ] for overall impact .
Shame that Boyle continued to experience injuries as he could be quite handy at prop injury free and focused .
Keppie released to just free up cap space and guess that James may be the general comparison instance, hard to see much or any upside though and at this stage . .
Would prefer better options then Waddell and Brown but no doubt just not that much in the open market at present and in the attainable and quality range to make a play for .
And that's it, no Marquee forwards on the market and none looking to get out of a contract. Just got to hope we don't pick up any long term injuries in the forwards and that at least one of our forward buys turns out to be gun player for us. 2025 is where we'll see a big reshaping of our forward pack and in a big way.

our pack struggles at times and the results speak for themselves. and its not flattering. Cant deny history

I think aioli is a smoking gun. sure everyone went sour on him over the jersey thing and his 23 was pretty average . a lot due to injury , frustration that led to discipline problems, and playing in a team that gets beaten in posession early a fair bit. I hope to see a better version in 24. go back to the AFB and marty days and at times our props hardly touched the ball in the first interchage, I know i banged on about it relentlessly

If we can get Josh, paseka and lodge all firing we have a better pack than results indicate. no doubt he has to get some more smarts into his work. dessie had him pegged as a leader and seibs and ailoi both arrived late into the off season for different reasons and he had a very average season. a 13 he is not

Nathan brown has the things that dont fade with age. attitude, oomph , timing and he leads the D line. he doesnt rely on pace as much , but has had some serious back issues. If he is healthy he is on the follow me mould this team needs. his physical ability is all i doubt. if he has that sorted he will add to the squad

But our forwards need the help of a top notch kicking game

IMO NRL these days the forwards go hard, the kicker makes work lighter for the forwards so the can go hard longer.

But Manly surrender too much ground , momentum and ability to attack by kicking from behind the line at all times, unless in the 22. It has to change

this inevitably helps with field position making the back 5 rucking SOOOO much easier as well

its kind of Penriths game plan. forwards make inroads, kicker puts himself in the line, takes a hit to achieve max results and sets up the arm wrestle in there favour

we can carry on about needing flegler and the incredible hulk but if we continue to ignore such a critical part of the game and take the soft option at the end of each set its all just semantics

Only 21 was a good season on the back of turbos greatness. watch the semi finals against storm and souths. It wasnt the forwards who threw the game away. It was a lack of patience. sure we struggled early but on each occassion the forwards turned the tide, got us back in the contest and it was a lack of game management that ended our days

while we all want a massive turnaround the reliance on Tom last season shows the team hasnt really grown and its game is till little league and full of hope. it needs to play boring, use patience and build a game, a month and a season and if brown is fit enough i think he will bring that mentality.

hopefully seibs can get better out of aioli in attitude and josh from his body. Our forwards are not worldbeaters but posession, field position, momentum and patience hinder them as much as there own ability to dent the line. while some of it is there poor handling , the buck doesnt stop with them

We sign players like we are buying from the reject shop ....... There must a shelf out the back of the Reject shop that has old, out of date players on it.
I've said it before but it bears repeating: our recruitment strategy consists of two steps and, sadly, is very deliberate.

Step 1: Find the bottom of a barrel.
Step 2: Scrape it.

I know it's a balancing act and "value propositions" might well be all we have room for in the budget, but fark me, just once I'd love us to sign a player I can get excited about.

I’m all in on signing Brown. I want some mongrel in our pack where other teams know that when they are playing Manly they are going to really feel it and actually do not like playing us. It’s the old ‘Oh damn, this isn’t going to be good’ scenario.

We already have Jake, who we know hits harder than anyone annd Haumole (tackle of the year and we just need to add another couple of mongrels who put the opposition on the back foot, to let DCE. Brooks, Turbo and Kouka weave their magic

Im going to ask some of you to open your mind to players like Woods and Brown being included into our squad, not just for what they can add on game day on the playing field.

Our team has been the opposite of resilient in recent years.

They have lost games from positions that no league team ever should. Got the nervous jitters way more times then I'd care to remember.

Self imploded into a downward spiral over the colours of some stripes on a Jersey, with blokes refusing to even enter the playing field. I'm not sure the likes of such a rebellion / divide or disharmony has even been seen in the history of this game before.

Jake might be a rep prop. But how do you reckon he is going then as a leader of these men?

How often is he talking to the pack during the game?

Rallying them to fire up when they need to fire up?

Who is showing this group of forwards how to enjoy the grind?
When the game gets tough? Or Is Jake more well known at such clutch moments for giving away ruck penalties and then getting lippy with the ref?

Lastly. Who is the experienced old Player in recent years that Jake has been learning his leadership craft from?

You might think Woods, Brown and Lodge to a lessor extent are rubbish signings.

But a team only needs one Alpha and Lodge may be that man. But a few experienced words of wisdom, stories, calming advice on the training field and actions during the 15 minutes of the game that actually determined the outcome and mattered the most. That stuff. Now that stuff can shape, grow, and with time transform.

Im going to ask some of you to open your mind to players like Woods and Brown being included into our squad, not just for what they can add on game day on the playing field.

Our team has been the opposite of resilient in recent years.

They have lost games from positions that no league team ever should. Got the nervous jitters way more times then I'd care to remember.

Self imploded into a downward spiral over the colours of some stripes on a Jersey, with blokes refusing to even enter the playing field. I'm not sure the likes of such a rebellion / divide or disharmony has even been seen in the history of this game before.

Jake might be a rep prop. But how do you reckon he is going then as a leader of these men?

How often is he talking to the pack during the game?

Rallying them to fire up when they need to fire up?

Who is showing this group of forwards how to enjoy the grind?
When the game gets tough? Or Is Jake more well known at such clutch moments for giving away ruck penalties and then getting lippy with the ref?

Lastly. Who is the experienced old Player in recent years that Jake has been learning his leadership craft from?

You might think Woods, Brown and Lodge to a lessor extent are rubbish signings.

But a team only needs one Alpha and Lodge may be that man. But a few experienced words of wisdom, stories, calming advice on the training field and actions during the 15 minutes of the game that actually determined the outcome and mattered the most. That stuff. Now that stuff can shape, grow, and with time transform.
Don’t they have coaches and sports psychologist to do that sort of thing. We don’t need to waste a signing on an old bloke to do that…. Just bring back Toovey to run the water and to motivate those young blokes!

Just sayin

Walters went and got Reynolds. Was it Ryan James, and a shorter forward from the Cowboys that had been around at the same time as well?

When it comes to teaching, and mentoring it's been the domain of those that have been there before and made the mistakes the hard way, since Moses was a boy.

Quacks. Whats will they come up with next? That Boys and Girls are really the same?

It reflects the predicament that Siebold has been trying to manage - too many of our forwards have played like powderpuffs for too long and they need to start pulling their fingers out. There need to be players in the 30 breathing down the top 17's necks for their spot. I don't think Woods fits the bill, but Brown might.
You make some valid points. Hopefully Brown has a year or two left in him.

Here is Brown -
Personally don't think he is a Massive talent
At times a thug
He Will add some mongrel
He is Past his best
but.....the 1 reason I feel he can add is - he is a COMPETITOR and this is an area we fall in and out of in SOOOO many games in recent seasons.....and if he does very little as a player, but can get the others around him to lift, THIS immediately makes his signing worthwhile.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10