Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Ryan … you are getting all worked up on a Saturday morning! It’s just a game ! Relax ! You don’t want to be feeling like this for the next 4 months ! ….
Pessimism is a legitimate attitude, and I doubt anybody goes out of their way to feel pessimistic. Manly are currently $31 long shots for next year's comp so it's not as though Ryan's views are over the top.
As for myself, for whatever reason, I prefer to think that if we got 12th without Turbo and with Schu misfiring, we are likely to do a lot better than 12th next year. Currently Rabbits are ranked 4th (at $9) and Chooks 5th ($10), I see Manly as fairly similar to their level. I live in hope!

Well I buried my Aunt (who raised me) yesterday, and carried her coffin, so no, I'm not in the best headspace.

So sick of farking everything !

Just remember though, to you it's just a game, to others it can be a whole lot more. On my behalf, my expectations and standards for our club have dropped and reduced so much, 12th - 15th is path of the course now. So while I'm frustrated and annoyed with our ridiculous staffing / players, winning 40 odd percent of our games just is nowadays.
Condolences @Ryan.
Was your Aunty a Manly fan too?

Well I buried my Aunt (who raised me) yesterday, and carried her coffin, so no, I'm not in the best headspace.

Just remember though, to you it's just a game, to others it can be a whole lot more. On my behalf, my expectations and standards for our club have dropped and reduced so much, 12th - 15th is path of the course now. So while I'm frustrated and annoyed with our ridiculous staffing / players, winning 40 odd percent of our games just is nowadays.
Sorry for your loss dude. I can only assume from your passion for manly that it would have hit you hard

take care mate, lean on your loved ones .Reach out if it hurts too much.

Footy is small ****, dont sweat the small **** buddy

im terrible at this stuff so understand if my words dont gel i mean well

Gees! I am very sorry to hear that news Ryan. I hope you’re ok given your circumstances.

Pessimism is a legitimate attitude, and I doubt anybody goes out of their way to feel pessimistic. Manly are currently $31 long shots for next year's comp so it's not as though Ryan's views are over the top.
As for myself, for whatever reason, I prefer to think that if we got 12th without Turbo and with Schu misfiring, we are likely to do a lot better than 12th next year. Currently Rabbits are ranked 4th (at $9) and Chooks 5th ($10), I see Manly as fairly similar to their level. I live in hope!
I’m not a betting man, but my calcs say that we just need to win a bit over 50% of our games to make the 8. With Brooks and a fit turbo and a speed to burn backline, I think that will be a sure thing to make the 8 !

I’m not a betting man, but my calcs say that we just need to win a bit over 50% of our games to make the 8. With Brooks and a fit turbo and a speed to burn backline, I think that will be a sure thing to make the 8 !
Winnings hard if our forwards aren't winning anything though.

Sorry for your loss @Ryan, hang in mate.

Hey Ryan, thoughts and prayers are with you Champion !!

I disagree with you @Ryan I understand your perspective though, it's probably the most logical perspective to have, all things considered!!!

However, I see us playing a much more aggressive brand of football, finishing in the eight and generally being competitive with all teams that finished 8-4 last season. Yes, we will still struggle with 4-1, but I hope we win some of those games as well.

I have us finishing 7th or 8th and will be ready to put that into @Mark from Brisbane 's thread when he posts it.

I am sorry for your loss @Ryan

Condolences @Ryan.
Was your Aunty a Manly fan too?
Not really a footy fan, but Dragons, because my grandpa (her Dad) was a dragons fan, too. Don't have it much better than us, maybe worse - Shane Flanagan. Haha

And thank you everyone. For two weeks I haven't gotten out of bed. I'm trying my hardest to just push myself to shower, but that's it - I have no motivation or energy - I'm writing this I'm bed at almost 1pm haha As you could all possibly imagine, being me makes it very hard to find many allies in life, and my Aunty (at 29 years old) took me on , after my father tried to kill me as a small kid, so I owe her everything. I had a good life. Unfortunately, because she gave me consistency, and lack of beatings, I chose to stay with her and not return to my mother - which then cost them their relationship. My mother gave her $50, and claimed she divorced me. Anyways, good times, haha - but yeah, she was an amazing woman.

Depression is real guys. Reach out if you ever even half start getting it. Use me as the example. Think to yourself, I don't want to turn into him hahahaha

Thank you for sharing your Worthy honorable moment with your Aunt @Ryan
You should be proud of your Great noble gesture to your Great Aunt who raised you being the Great Passionate Manly man of high standards that you are and this is the same High standards that you want from our Legendary club .

Keep up with your high Manly Standards and Keep the Bustards Honest
After all it is a Results Driven Business by their own standards that they fail to meet
It is time for the Mighty Manly Sea eagles to rise once again like True Eagles than remain at the bottom of the competition table like sitting ducks . @The Wheel

Last but not least
Do not be Sick of everything
but try and Seek and find happiness in everything you do
God bless you and your Aunt feathered friend

Injuries will be the factor that determines if we make the 8 or not. If we have a good run we should make the 8 easily, if we don't we'll be also-rans for another year.

The three things that have killed us over the past few years have been:

1 - only having a makeshift hooker.
2 - not having a good quality backup for Turbo (fixed now in Koula)
3 - a marshmallow forward pack

I think at full strength our pack can mix it with the best, just.

The Pessimistic Perspective ..
Pessimism are the scars left on Manly people from the ones that have failed to live up to our legendary clubs Premiership Winning standards and have brought our club down to their incompetent level

And to put this point more in Perspective
There is no such thing as a Pessimistic Panther Person as they have not been scared from finals footy failure

Injuries will be the factor that determines if we make the 8 or not.
Injuries are part of the game
Over coming adversity and prevailing are part of the Character and Resilience winning qualities a coach inspires in his team

Who Am I ?
The Ordinary ones are overwhelmed by the waves of adversity and are drowned in their excuses
Or
The Extra Ordinary ones that Rise above the title waves of hardships and keep prevailing and Sailing towards the Premiership Winning Shores
1698464346114.png

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11