Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mediocre pack that will not trouble too many teams next year. We needed to invest in youth and assemble a lean, fast pack, instead we’ve gone about signing experience. Trouble is, what have Woods, Brown and Lodge ever won? Nothing!
You make 2 critical points

1. The speed of the game exposes old forwards
2. The best inspiration to young players are players who walked the talk and won premiership's
As you have posted @LeonardCohen Woods , Brown and Lodge can only talk the walk as far as premiership Winning aspirations goes

At the end of the day all those players have been released by their clubs and further more they are on reduced contracts for good reason

It worries me a little that Seibold's thinking seems to be, "If you can't have good players, why not have a lot of really average players?" Not sure how that's supposed to separate us from the rest of the NRL also-rans. But whatever. Even though I've passionately disliked Nathan Brown at every NRL club he's ever been at, and think his best years are long behind him, if he puts on a Manly jersey I will wish him well.
Seibold's strategy is to build a "competition for spots" and this is where the standards are lifted in training. Ultimately, if we have 5 forwards challenging for 3 bench spots this means that everyone has to train harder and try and get better. The standards of the club aren't set by the run on 17 it's set by the 6 or 7 blokes who are first grade material but couldn't make the team and are challenging for a spot. This results in higher effort plays and 1 percent moments taken as if they don't abide they will be getting dropped.
This will thus increase the value of the players in our club to lets say players being 300k worth to 500k worth and can improve the clubs performance through the threat of being dropped instead of just knowing your spot will be picked every week.
This included with player loyalty will be how the club shapes success for the future.

Seibold's strategy is to build a "competition for spots"
The key word to your post is Competition
And the club that compiles the most Competitive Roster will have the finals bound Advantage
We are signing players like Brown that clubs have released and upgraded with better performers

You are right in saying that the more players we have the more competition within our group
But we do not win games competing and playing with our selves
We win games by competing and playing against top 8 quality opposition

puke GIF

Why the hell was Woods retained and we let Keppie go.
I be honest Seibold won't be here this time next year, he does not inspire much

We are recruiting from:

1. The Tigers (the bottom team - a massive red flag)
2. The Roosters (a successful club but we have signed two guys they didn't want - if they don't want them then neither do I - another massive red flag)

You can argue most of these guys aren't really core and worth a punt on a small salary. Let's hope one or two work out.

Mediocre pack that will not trouble too many teams next year. We needed to invest in youth and assemble a lean, fast pack, instead we’ve gone about signing experience.
Indeed, we have many plodders, but we also have some mobility with Burbo, Bullemor & Paseka (a mobile big man).

GCKT should add spark to the ruck and if Schuster regains form & plays to his potential, we will have the best ball playing forward in the NRL. It would be good if Schuster can up his work rate sufficiently to play lock. Generally, I think his front on defence is superior to his lateral defence.

Can the Sea Eagles pack become a power pack similar to the one that took the Eels to the 2022 GF?

Last edited:
I haven’t seen Woods let in too many try’s. Keppie on the other hand was renowned for it. Letting him go was a sensible decision considering the money he was on.
I agree he hasn’t let too many in…there was the over chase against Penrith at Brookie but I can’t remember others.

In saying that, he is complete garbage and one of the worst signings in the history of our great club. An embarrassment.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
People are complaining about what are Blacktown workers signings?
Brown and Woods are not even top 30 or Dev contracted players,they are Workers signings (wrapped up as Sea Eagles signings,it does not matter who is paying the bill)and people are complaining,must be the off season.....
Apologies to anyone triggered.
If someone had posted in previous years that Workers had signed Brown and Woods,people would be suggesting that they were good depth signings.
They will not be playing before round 11 and if they play after that point either our season has gone to **** or we are decimated by injury.
Either way they are useful signings.

People are complaining about what are Blacktown workers signings?
Brown and Woods are not even top 30 or Dev contracted players,they are Workers signings (wrapped up as Sea Eagles signings,it does not matter who is paying the bill)and people are complaining,must be the off season.....
Apologies to anyone triggered.
If someone had posted in previous years that Workers had signed Brown and Woods,people would be suggesting that they were good depth signings.
They will not be playing before round 11 and if they play after that point either our season has gone to **** or we are decimated by injury.
Either way they are useful signings.
I'm not triggered or complaining, just share a different opinion. I feel that Woods and Brown are absolute crap and indicative of a club that has next to no chance of winning a premiership. I'm also highly skeptical that they're Blacktown signings. Woods was a walk up start last year, we've lost Keppie and added Waddell. Lodge will start the year in rehab. All signs point to Woods getting a game. The only reason he is on a supplementary contract is because he is crap enough that we can offer him peanuts and it's the best...sorry...only deal he can get.

The Roosters are absolutely stacked and have Spencer Leniu coming in 2024. The reality is we cannot compete with the big clubs in the market and are left with rubbish singings. It's just disappointing that our pack is not even top 8 quality. Oh well...that's life.

This media seems to think NB has taken a top 30 spot at Man. With Woods dropping out of the top 30 and being depth in Ressies. What's the big deal? At best Brown could be exactly what this team needs, an aggressive thug of a forward who might fire a few of our soft cuddly marshmallow forwards up.

At worst what he never plays grade? Or offers more in attack than Woods. Oh Crisis.

Have you lot ever noticed how many games golden child turbo dosen't play? And you worried about Nathan Brown?

Yeah I don't get the concern. And especially not when he is either no 30 or 31 signing in our list.

Last edited:
This media seems to think NB has taken a top 30 spot at Man. With Woods dropping out of the top 30 and being depth in Ressies. What's the big deal? At best Brown could be exactly what this team needs, an aggressive thug of a forward who might fire a few of our soft cuddly marshmallow forwards up.

At worst what he never plays grade? Or offers more in attack than Woods. Oh Crisis.

Have you lot ever noticed how many games golden child turbo dosen't play? And you worried about Nathan Brown?

Yeah I don't get the concern. And especially not when he is either no 30 or 31 signing in our list.

I guess the concern is that we struggled last year to win the forward battle through a lack of quality middles. That lack of quality is set to go around again in 24’ so yeah, it’s concerning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8