Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not really a footy fan, but Dragons, because my grandpa (her Dad) was a dragons fan, too. Don't have it much better than us, maybe worse - Shane Flanagan. Haha

And thank you everyone. For two weeks I haven't gotten out of bed. I'm trying my hardest to just push myself to shower, but that's it - I have no motivation or energy - I'm writing this I'm bed at almost 1pm haha As you could all possibly imagine, being me makes it very hard to find many allies in life, and my Aunty (at 29 years old) took me on , after my father tried to kill me as a small kid, so I owe her everything. I had a good life. Unfortunately, because she gave me consistency, and lack of beatings, I chose to stay with her and not return to my mother - which then cost them their relationship. My mother gave her $50, and claimed she divorced me. Anyways, good times, haha - but yeah, she was an amazing woman.

Depression is real guys. Reach out if you ever even half start getting it. Use me as the example. Think to yourself, I don't want to turn into him hahahaha
So sorry for your loss @Ryan.

When you're feeling down, it's worth making the effort to have a shower as it can be quite soothing. It's simple, healthy and can do wonders for you. Hopefully Manly can give you some joy (e.g. big signing news) in the not-too-distant future. Look after yourself!

Not really a footy fan, but Dragons, because my grandpa (her Dad) was a dragons fan, too. Don't have it much better than us, maybe worse - Shane Flanagan. Haha

And thank you everyone. For two weeks I haven't gotten out of bed. I'm trying my hardest to just push myself to shower, but that's it - I have no motivation or energy - I'm writing this I'm bed at almost 1pm haha As you could all possibly imagine, being me makes it very hard to find many allies in life, and my Aunty (at 29 years old) took me on , after my father tried to kill me as a small kid, so I owe her everything. I had a good life. Unfortunately, because she gave me consistency, and lack of beatings, I chose to stay with her and not return to my mother - which then cost them their relationship. My mother gave her $50, and claimed she divorced me. Anyways, good times, haha - but yeah, she was an amazing woman.

Depression is real guys. Reach out if you ever even half start getting it. Use me as the example. Think to yourself, I don't want to turn into him hahahaha
@Ryan Sounds like a truly amazing woman your grieving there mate.

I hear your hurting, and the one thing that can't make it worse is getting some help feathered friend.

Stay strong mate. One day at a time. Avs have started strong too I see. Shift the focus from Manly in the off-season like I do. My Jags in the NFL are goin strong too!

I might be in the minority but I don't hate this at the right price.

Yeah he's a hothead and is potentially ill-disciplined, but at least he has a bit of get up and go that hasn't all gotten up and gone.
The discipline bothers me less than the dodgy knees. I am longing for a season where the amount of different players we use is closer to 20 than 30. Some clubs can deal with significant injuries, we are not one of them.

Initially I hated the thought of this signing but the more I think about it for the right price heck why not, it would be nice to have 148 games of experience in our depth chart. Potentially could have a similar impact as Joe Galuvao did for us

Initially I hated the thought of this signing but the more I think about it for the right price heck why not, it would be nice to have 148 games of experience in our depth chart. Potentially could have a similar impact as Joe Galuvao did for us
i'd prefer a ben kennedy type of influence....
can't see that being the case though:confused:

It worries me a little that Seibold's thinking seems to be, "If you can't have good players, why not have a lot of really average players?" Not sure how that's supposed to separate us from the rest of the NRL also-rans. But whatever. Even though I've passionately disliked Nathan Brown at every NRL club he's ever been at, and think his best years are long behind him, if he puts on a Manly jersey I will wish him well.

It worries me a little that Seibold's thinking seems to be, "If you can't have good players, why not have a lot of really average players?" Not sure how that's supposed to separate us from the rest of the NRL also-rans. But whatever. Even though I've passionately disliked Nathan Brown at every NRL club he's ever been at, and think his best years are long behind him, if he puts on a Manly jersey I will wish him well.
I found myself asking a similar question.
Without all the fainu's, Fifita, Keppie. Who are these great young forwards an older head like Woods & now Brown are really going to shape and grow?

I reckon Spud Carroll & Seibs at different times in interviews give us some clues.

Spud wraps Woods arrival at Manly bringing about much improved showing from both Sips and Bull in the Back half of the year.

My memory is Sips just had a different attitude and determination about his game that first game Woods arrived at Blacktown. That healthy competition for spots perhaps?

Or is it Mentoring by an old head who has been around and whilst his body might not be up to it, knows what our blokes are doing at training, just ain't working hard enough for success?

Seibs seems to suggest Woods is a great role model. It's been a well used line from our Coach of Woods having an impact on the dressing room as much or more then the playing field.

My take, is may be it's all of the above, but Woods would seem to really be here too teach and influence much more than our kids.

It is easy to forget this dressing room was fractured one with spit camps not so long ago.

Woods does seem to have that calming kind of diplomacy about him. You can easily see him bringing positive leadership vibes.

And it's a team which before Lodge arrived seemed to lack a leader. Both Jake and AOA kind of can appear to have some of those traits but neither seems to necessarily stand out either.

With Woods, Brown & Lodge. Just may be both Jake and AOA can just get on with being better at footy. We need em too get better

With Woods, Brown & Lodge. Just may be both Jake and AOA can just get on with being better at footy. We need em too get better
All those 3 players have been released from their previous clubs and are on the market for budget reduced contracts . The other clubs did see the value that you see and did not believe that they needed them to get better .

But we all see different things and we all make different choices and we all make our bed and lie on it ,

I hope you have a Great day when you get out of bed today feathered friend :)
1699384593529.png

Mediocre pack that will not trouble too many teams next year. We needed to invest in youth and assemble a lean, fast pack, instead we’ve gone about signing experience. Trouble is, what have Woods, Brown and Lodge ever won? Nothing!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10