Nathan Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get we don't have much cash most likely, but the number of ordinary exposed old players we are buying doesn't show much ambition to me.
Salary cap restrictions - DCE @ 1M for next two years, Turbo 1.1 M, Jake 0.9 M, Haumole 0.85 M, Schuster 0.6 M (?), Brooks 0.6 M & so on (maybe some of these figures are inaccurate).

I will give Seibold the benefit of the doubt & wait to see if he can improve the team's standing in 2024 & whether the new players perform well.

Salary cap restrictions - DCE @ 1M for next two years, Turbo 1.1 M, Jake 0.9 M, Haumole 0.85 M, Schuster 0.6 M (?), Brooks 0.6 M & so on (maybe some of these figures are inaccurate).

I will give Seibold the benefit of the doubt & wait to see if he can improve the team's standing in 2024 & whether the new players perform well.
- DCE’s new contract is 800k. With the 10 year long serving players discount at about 100k. He is around 700k on the books which is a bargain!

- Brooks will be a steal at 600k as well. We really needed to find value for money in our squad and I think we have it in both our halves.

- Turbos 1.1m all depends on his fitness. Would command 1.4m on the open market if he stays fit.

- Jake is on 950k. Definitely paying overs here. I see him in the 700-750k range. Big blunder at the time as he was never going to leave the club and would of signed for way less to stay.

- Hmole’s upgrade to 850k is a win for both parties.

- I hope your right with the Schuster contract amount.? I thought it was closer to 800k but I’m not entirely sure. All that was said that it was less than his last contract which doesn’t tell us much.

- DCE’s new contract is 800k. With the 10 year long serving players discount at about 100k. He is around 700k on the books which is a bargain!

- Brooks will be a steal at 600k as well. We really needed to find value for money in our squad and I think we have it in both our halves.

- Turbos 1.1m all depends on his fitness. Would command 1.4m on the open market if he stays fit.

- Jake is on 950k. Definitely paying overs here. I see him in the 700-750k range. Big blunder at the time as he was never going to leave the club and would of signed for way less to stay.

- Hmole’s upgrade to 850k is a win for both parties.

- I hope your right with the Schuster contract amount.? I thought it was closer to 800k but I’m not entirely sure. All that was said that it was less than his last contract which doesn’t tell us much.
Heard Schu has significant performance clauses in his contract. If he meets none of them he gets 600k. If he meets them all he can earn up to 800k. No source, just gossip so take it with a pinch of salt.

they added brown to the list in that link and theres no announcement? what a fall from grace for him to just be in there with no mention in our press

I guess the concern is that we struggled last year to win the forward battle through a lack of quality middles. That lack of quality is set to go around again in 24’ so yeah, it’s concerning.
Big plus for us, all our forwards should all be injury free come the Souths game in LV bar Lodge of course. Paseka, Sipley and Ailoi showed really good form in certain games, the trick is, to get these 3 all showing great form in the same games.

Straight up and down toiler at his best - and as has been mentioned many times that 'best' was ages ago.

I get we don't have much cash most likely, but the number of ordinary exposed old players we are buying doesn't show much ambition to me.
Yeah like Waddell makes sense because he is cheap, lean, has leg speed and will do a job.

Brown and Woods on the other hand?!

I totally get that we need some budget forwards at the bottom of our squad…I’m fine with that. I don’t expect AFB. But those budget buys shouldn’t be old slow has beens, they should at least be athletic types looking for an opportunity.

Interesting that Atasi James is on Supplementary. I thought he was a genuine poaching from the Tigers…to leave for a supplementary contract means he was probably told he wasn’t in the Tigers plans.

I'm not triggered or complaining, just share a different opinion. I feel that Woods and Brown are absolute crap and indicative of a club that has next to no chance of winning a premiership. I'm also highly skeptical that they're Blacktown signings. Woods was a walk up start last year, we've lost Keppie and added Waddell. Lodge will start the year in rehab. All signs point to Woods getting a game. The only reason he is on a supplementary contract is because he is crap enough that we can offer him peanuts and it's the best...sorry...only deal he can get.

The Roosters are absolutely stacked and have Spencer Leniu coming in 2024. The reality is we cannot compete with the big clubs in the market and are left with rubbish singings. It's just disappointing that our pack is not even top 8 quality. Oh well...that's life.
Sorry mate,not directed at you in particular.
Sometimes when you are the last post before another post it seems that way.
I don't believe the roosters are stacked,their roster is top heavy,by that I mean they have a high quality top 20 but very skinny depth after that.
I think that is what we are trying to emulate with our signings,takes some time to clear the decks tho.

Schu is well down from that $800,000 tag being commonly called on footy shows and forums, signed on for less and has multiple conditions to meet also.
The $800,000 mark is the pinnacle, if he meets or exceeds the expectations put on him by the club, after a disappointing past 2 seasons and 2024 is a make or break for him....well at Manly anyway.

Schu is well down from that $800,000 tag being commonly called on footy shows and forums, signed on for less and has multiple conditions to meet also.
The $800,000 mark is the pinnacle, if he meets or exceeds the expectations put on him by the club, after a disappointing past 2 seasons and 2024 is a make or break for him....well at Manly anyway.
Good dealing by manly. At his best he is easily an 800k player if he realises his potential. And if he doesn’t then hopefully there’s some clauses that make him cheap as chips. Only thing is I don’t understand how this works for us contractually. If he doesn’t perform and we pay him less do we use the spare cash to front load other players contracts eg haumole? Coz we obviously can’t save the money and use it the next year.

Good dealing by manly. At his best he is easily an 800k player if he realises his potential. And if he doesn’t then hopefully there’s some clauses that make him cheap as chips. Only thing is I don’t understand how this works for us contractually. If he doesn’t perform and we pay him less do we use the spare cash to front load other players contracts eg haumole? Coz we obviously can’t save the money and use it the next year.
Bonus clauses financial impact may roll over into next year's cap figure.

Told not to show up at the Dogs apparently. So highly likely they are still trying to off load him.

As doggies captain U do wonder what $ he was pocketing. If he was cheap you think a club would have picked him up by now.
Apparently he didn't like the intensity that Ciraldo introduced to training sessions.

Told not to show up at the Dogs apparently. So highly likely they are still trying to off load him.

As doggies captain U do wonder what $ he was pocketing. If he was cheap you think a club would have picked him up by now.

He was on $400k and not an upgrade on any of our better forwards. Pretty average really.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8