Neil Henry gone!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Update, seems he'll be there until after the game this week.

$400k payout for him and probably over a million for Hayne, no doubt that was the deciding factor!

I think Henry is a really underrated coach. He was doing well in Canberra then got axed and they went no where. He was unlucky to lose the job in NQLD, with Taumalolo he might have got a title. He overachieved at the Gold Coast, inheriting a terrible roster after the drug crisis and taking them to the finals with no players.

If he finds a club that backs his no frills style, I think he has plenty to offer. A team like the Warriors could use his no nonsense style.

If the reports are true, and he didn't speak to Hayne all week, then he dug his own hole and deserves the flick, totally unprofessional

Also the word is that if the players had a choice there would be a lot more of them in haynes corner than Henry's

I think Henry is a really underrated coach. He was doing well in Canberra then got axed and they went no where. He was unlucky to lose the job in NQLD, with Taumalolo he might have got a title. He overachieved at the Gold Coast, inheriting a terrible roster after the drug crisis and taking them to the finals with no players.

If he finds a club that backs his no frills style, I think he has plenty to offer. A team like the Warriors could use his no nonsense style.
The fact he's in line to be sacked by his 3rd club would suggest he had issues.I don't doubt his game tactics,evidenced by his time as Meninga's assistant at Origin.But he obviously has some issues dealing with players and man management.He'd make a good assistant

The fact he's in line to be sacked by his 3rd club would suggest he had issues.I don't doubt his game tactics,evidenced by his time as Meninga's assistant at Origin.But he obviously has some issues dealing with players and man management.He'd make a good assistant

Clearly, very much like Jason Taylor, probably a good coach as far as tactics go but absolutely crap in dealing with people!

Regardless of Henry's ability as a coach and managing people, sticking by Hayne is a bad decision for the long term health of a GC team in my opinion. The last thing that team needs is individual prima donas. They need a no-nonsense firm hand to clean up the place and get players focused on playing footy.

Regardless of Henry's ability as a coach and managing people, sticking by Hayne is a bad decision for the long term health of a GC team in my opinion. The last thing that team needs is individual prima donas. They need a no-nonsense firm hand to clean up the place and get players focused on playing footy.
I'm pretty sure Hayne was quoted as saying
"I'm not arrogant and I don't care what anyone thinks about that"
Well, I'd like to know what Henry thinks about that......

NRL should sell them off to a WA Franchise.:wait:

Who would want to buy them now, knowing Hayne will ruin 2018 for them as well :cool:

He didn't get axed from Canberra, he left to take the NQ gig. Poor decision, because it looked like he was doing some good things there.

He carried on after the "Hand of Foz" incident and didn't take ownership of the Cowboys shortcomings. He created a culture of excuses and conspiracies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8