Never been so embarrassed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our forwards tried hard….Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Bullemor, Jake, Ola…..Tui had a poor 1st half but got better. Our problem was the backs! Apart from Saab they were hopeless. Harper & Parker we’re terrible. Tom looks like he needs to do a $hit everytime the cameras are on him. Seems he was playing injured. DCE just running around like a headless chook! With Garrick out next week not sure what the backline will look like.
Tom
Saab
……
……
Weekes
Schuster
DCE I dunno so disappointed tonight.

The first half in particular was embarrassing.Cats playing with mice. At least they had more of a dig in the second.
Can only hope that the reality check at this time of the year will put a rocket up 'em.

I grabbed a random woman’s arse thinking it was my wife while lining up for a ride at movie world.

That was pretty embarrassing.
Haha. I was not used to riding the Melbourne trams and lost my balance when one took off suddenly, nearly squashed some stupid new-born baby in a pram. I told off the parents, threatened to call the cops as i suspected the brat didn't even have a ticket.
Luckily no-one was harmed although I was a bit embarrassed :eek:@:D

We used to do this to teams between 2007-2014. When Manly of this era decided to take an opponent seriously we dished out the same destruction.

Since then we have been on the receiving end.

Sad thing is, it will take 5-10 years to build that kind of squad again. Have to flush most of these out and build a whole new feeder system. Blacktown are feeding on us, they are the Z grade of the West.

And it all started when Phil Gould sold that snake Oil in Barrett to Penn in 2015, while building the empire of Penrith at the same time.

NYEagle

We used to do this to teams between 2007-2014. When Manly of this era decided to take an opponent seriously we fished out the same destruction.

Sad thing is, it will take 5-10 years to build that kind of squad again. Have to flush most of these out and build a whole new feeder system. Blacktown are feeding in us, they are the Z grade of the West.

And it all started when Phil Gould sold that snake Oil in Barrett to Penn in 2015, while building the empire of Penrith at the same time.

NYEagle
Great post

We used to do this to teams between 2007-2014. When Manly of this era decided to take an opponent seriously we dished out the same destruction.

Sad thing is, it will take 5-10 years to build that kind of squad again. Have to flush most of these out and build a whole new feeder system. Blacktown are feeding on us, they are the Z grade of the West.

NYEagle
If I could give you 1000 winners for the that post I would.

This has been a bad decline for many years and we are a shadow of the club from that era.

And to think our great man Penn and Tony said we had a premiership roster.

We are years away from this and anyone who thinks we are close needs a reality check.

Last edited:
I dont care what Freddy says, or what Slater says, no MWSE player should be playing SOO this year. They are just not good enough, and should focus on their club for now. Only 4 blinders in a row could redeem them.

Relax everybody. I’m old enough to remember Penrith putting 70 on us, and that was at Brookvale. Get rid of the plodders in the centres and we’d be competitive. Parker has dined out on his Perth tackle on Manu forever, and Harper on his game in 2021 in Mudgee. We obviously won’t win a comp with DCE, but that’s done. Tom is a puzzle and it’s obviously a mental thing. I’d put him in the centres and pay him less. Take it or leave.

If I could give you 1000 winners for the that post I would.

This has a sad decline for many years and we are a shadow of the club from the era.

And to think our great man Penn and Tony said we had a premiership roster.

We are years away from this and anyone who thinks we are close needs a reality check.
Thanks Davo. I know you get it, I read your posts too.

Decisions made in 2014-15 have set this club back 15-20 years I’m not saying that 07-14 could have lasted forever, but we turned to dog**** very very fast, and now we see how hard it is to build it all up again.

No feeder system, and only dregs out in the open market. The Trobjevics will never see a grand final.

NYEagle

Says it all. Not our best.

Attachments

• daly regret.png
    daly regret.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 64
Honestly how many out there tonight would make the other top 8 teams. I'd say 4 at best out of 17 and only 2 would make the Penrith team. No wonder we got pumped. We have so many average players and reserve graders. Only Jake and Haumole are top lines in the forwards and DCE, Tom in the backs and the jury is out those 2 at the moment. It will take years if ever to get this club back to the top and it can only start when DCE and the Turbos are gone. $3.5 mil on those 3 is killing us.

I know I’m a masochist but I‘m going to watch the press conference to see if our coach apologises to the fans like Sticky did.
The presser reminded me of Dessie with Seibold rambling on and happy to answer any random question to change the subject away from how we played.

Honestly how many out there tonight would make the other top 8 teams. I'd say 4 at best out of 17 and only 2 would make the Penrith team. No wonder we got pumped. We have so many average players and reserve graders. Only Jake and Haumole are top lines in the forwards and DCE, Tom in the backs and the jury is out those 2 at the moment. It will take years if ever to get this club back to the top and it can only start when DCE and the Turbos are gone. $3.5 mil on those 3 is killing us.
…best in the forwards and neither are enforcers.

We have no enforcers in our team.Tough?- sure I’ll name Jake, Aloiai and Haumole as tough. But none of them can change a game.

I can’t remember anyone else.

NYEagle

There are some really pathetic and weak bunch of mindsets going around the club right now. I was heavily critical of De$ but it seems the change in coach has made no difference, we need widespread spread change in the team but it should start with the captain. No one plays for him as captain, he is a liability in both attack and defence and his contract has destroyed our club for years. We have a long way to go but if we want to make a stance he should be the first **** gone
Need Jake to be the new Captain, he will make the team feel the pain of a loss like no other.

…best in the forwards and neither are enforcers.

We have no enforcers in our team.Tough?- sure I’ll name Jake, Aloiai and Haumole as tough. But none of them can change a game.

I can’t remember anyone else.

NYEagle
Haumole is an enforcer, but we dont have anyone who can play mind games with the other team and get under their skin to put them off their game. The last enforcer we had was Matai.

Our forwards tried hard….Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Bullemor, Jake, Ola…..Tui had a poor 1st half but got better. Our problem was the backs! Apart from Saab they were hopeless. Harper & Parker we’re terrible. Tom looks like he needs to do a $hit everytime the cameras are on him. Seems he was playing injured. DCE just running around like a headless chook! With Garrick out next week not sure what the backline will look like.
Tom
Saab
……
……
Weekes
Schuster
DCE I dunno so disappointed tonight.
They could have put another 30 on us in the second half. I think they went easy in the 2nd half.

That 1st half was as bad as it gets. Penrith are on another planet compared to us but we have looked so flat after the bye. To leak 32 points against the knights was a huge problem that got found out tonight.

Seriously Tom hasn’t looked like the player from a couple of yrs back and is just making up the numbers on the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6