New coaching staff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So …on that logic how stupid were the people who employed Donny in the beginning?

What had he won at that stage?

Same with the support staff, not to mention previous head coach Hasler and most of the players, for that matter.
Hasler was a winner, he won a comp in 1996 and 1987 as did Cleal. Hasler had done a stint as an assistant coach to Gould in origin back when we used to compete. Toovey was also a winner he was Des's assistant. Donny also didn't come from a team that had done nothing and claim to be some kind of tough man that gets results. Believe what you want mate.

What irks me the most, is that this is not a clean out because our coaching staff weren't up to it. This is a political clean out pure and simple. That is what has me pissed off. Once again I am happy to get behind the new guys next year, So was Donny Singe. However I can still show my disgust at the way they have dismantled a winning team just because they worked under a previous regime. We can never get back what Donny and others brought to our team because none of the new coaching staff ever knew what it was. I hope we get lucky and this new group is the second coming but knowing our budget and what we spend compared to the big clubs these new guys have a tough road ahead. I just hope we don't spend years in the wilderness for some political BS.

Yeah okay mate whatever you reckon "have no idea how rugby league works or the culture"
Yes we had a great winning culture but for the best part of the last 1 and a half years it quickly diminished. Sometimes things get stale and times change and nothing lasts forever.

Change is sometimes needed to get everyone out of their comfort zone, which its understood that the players were.

When des started his regime with all these untried coaching staff and players was that previously successful? No it wasn't because everything was new and fresh. Who's to say that the new system won't be a winning formula??? Let's just wait and see before you're quick to shoot it down.
Nah change argh change :oncomingpolice::rotatinglight::noentrysign::backwarrow::backwarrow::backwarrow:

Nah change argh change :oncomingpolice::rotatinglight::noentrysign::backwarrow::backwarrow::backwarrow:
Yeah you guys are right. So on your logic we should get rid of Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Ballin, DCE, Buhrer because they were part of our old winning team that apparently has gone stale last year. Better off buying in some unknowns and hoping they are good rather than keeping the nucleus of the good team and adding a few to re-fresh.

Great reply CJ, we know we ain't going to win it in 2016. We had an amazing team of stars who have retired or moved on. Look at the Broncos. They were in the wilderness for a long time.

Bennett came back at the right time. Poor old Tooves got the back end of the talent. Look, most coaches could have had great success with our gun teams but most of our stars are coming to the end. People laugh at Choc but it was time and it can be seen. Stevie will struggle next season.

Yeah you guys are right. So on your logic we should get rid of Lyon, Matai, Stewart, Ballin, DCE, Buhrer because they were part of our old winning team that apparently has gone stale last year. Better off buying in some unknowns and hoping they are good rather than keeping the nucleus of the good team and adding a few to re-fresh.
Stewart himself has said he's looking forward to a new approach. Can't see why we can't be the same...

When des started his regime with all these untried coaching staff and players was that previously successful? No it wasn't because everything was new and fresh. Who's to say that the new system won't be a winning formula??? Let's just wait and see before you're quick to shoot it down.
Des. Crusher. Tooves - All Manly greats - that's what the new Des 'regime' was. They brought the culture with them.
You really can't see it?

Do we have a (god forbid it's come to this) wrestling coach?

All we need now is Rose as the new team dietition, with Peter Peters the health manager & its a home run!
That actually could work as there would be nothing for the players to eat with those two around.

Des. Crusher. Tooves - All Manly greats - that's what the new Des 'regime' was. They brought the culture with them.
You really can't see it?
Yes they did. But how did they know they were going to be successful?!?
They took a gamble and it paid off. That is what sports about. Their successful playing days in turn provided us with great coaching success also.

Barrett hasn't coached a game for us yet you are scared that he's going to fail just because he was a NON-MANLY player.
You can't be narrow minded and keep it the same all the time.

Yes they did. But how did they know they were going to be successful?!?
They took a gamble and it paid off. That is what sports about. Their successful playing days in turn provided us with great coaching success also.

Barrett hasn't coached a game for us yet you are scared that he's going to fail just because he was a NON-MANLY player.
You can't be narrow minded and keep it the same all the time.
No. No. No. No. No.
That is not what I said.
Barrett has my full support - he is the coach of my team.
The culture - the MANLY culture - has been stripped. That's what I'm saying. I'm sorry you were unable to understand that.

Great reply CJ, we know we ain't going to win it in 2016. We had an amazing team of stars who have retired or moved on. Look at the Broncos. They were in the wilderness for a long time.
However the reason we sacked Toovey was because it is a results based business. So we must at least make the 8 next year, anything less is a fail

So whats the reason Heath and the NYC Coaching team is sacked ? Change for change sake it appears. :cool:

Maybe the Members Insider email will reach us after the NYC GF :wondering:
Still hope the young ones can win it despite this upheaval :)

We should have given David Heath the first grade job. He has already a better proven success record than Barrett. Only a retarded management strategy would be to move on an employee that has exceeded expectation with limited resources like David Heath has. This isn't about sacking Toovey this is about the new owners version of "Ethnic Cleansing" within our club. Worse thing is they won't man up and say "We are sacking everyone that we think aren't up to it" instead they hire complete unknowns and try to pass it off as "Performance Based" which couldn't be further from the truth.

The way management have behaved is sneaky, underhanded and completely gutless. Not Manly traits at all.

I can only assume that most of you that support and back this kind of behaviour, must either be very young and have not supported the club through the NE days or you have only been supporting the club since we won our premierships and you don't realise what the wilderness in Rugby League looks like and how hard it is to win Premierships.

To Scott Penn, Bozo and Zorba. "In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6