• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Haven't read all of the posts here but I also heard a little of Talkin Sport the other day, and I have to say, it's hilarious just how many times I heard comments starting with, "I'm not racist, but..." or "I've nothing against homosexuality, but..."

So many dinosaurs amongst us rusted on league fans. I've only viewed the ad once but my first thought was that it wasn't necessarily aimed at us dinosaur rusted-on fans (who will probably follow the game this year just as we have for the last 30 or 40-plus years anyway), and if it was aimed elsewhere then that seems a fair enough strategy.

So ... what are you saying SER8 ... that because I don't think the Gay community is a large enough potential market that is it worth spending I don't know what portion of the millions of dollars of production costs and air time ... plus the time sensitive opportunity to promote the kick-off to the season ... plus the lack of acknowledge to those rusted on fans ... because I believe that .... I am homophobic ...

That has taken the left wing art of debating to a pinnacle that even Kevin Rudd would bow in admiration ....

and ... PSS .. I am certain you have been a part of many conversations on this site lamenting the fact that it is exactly the rusted on fans that are becoming disenchanted ... ans as many have said watching far fwer games or only Manly games ....

It was a piece of woke vitue signaling .... of itself no big deal .... but some of us just don't think that should be the prime focus of the NRL ...

For anyone who had a big winge about the add I'd like to give you a big F**k you!
The NRL is now looking at changing the add and I think we should all expect to see the PR/woke stuff replaced by more glorification of sCam.
Personally I thought it was just a bit **** (if you get over the clumsy box ticking) but now it will be really ****!

So ... what are you saying SER8 ... that because I don't think the Gay community is a large enough potential market that is it worth spending I don't know what portion of the millions of dollars of production costs and air time ... plus the time sensitive opportunity to promote the kick-off to the season

It was one image of two players sharing a kiss............

The cost of adding that 1 second of imagery is no different to whatever you would have preferred to replace it.

I just can't get my head around this argument............not specifically directed at you Woodsie but the entire thing.

Also on the politics point, It really just seems to be a certain sector of the public that are hammering this line

A) Politics and sport have ALWAYS mixed

B) When I first watched I didn't think politics at all, I saw a couple embrace after the game, no different to if it had been Cronk kissing his wife after a GF. I also saw a young superstar of our game proud of his heritage...................But it seems that I was wrong and it is the NRL telling us, nay forcing down our throats.....that two female players are in a relationship and that Latrell is Aboriginal?

The whole chat would be amusing if it wasn't so embarrassing

Also on the politics point, It really just seems to be a certain sector of the public that are hammering this line

A) Politics and sport have ALWAYS mixed

B) When I first watched I didn't think politics at all, I saw a couple embrace after the game, no different to if it had been Cronk kissing his wife after a GF. I also saw a young superstar of our game proud of his heritage...................But it seems that I was wrong and it is the NRL telling us, nay forcing down our throats.....that two female players are in a relationship and that Latrell is Aboriginal?

The whole chat would be amusing if it wasn't so embarrassing
Yes yes we get his aboriginal fmd no need to have him posted up on a beach with a girl singing. Now he's bitching about white fellas not approving of blackfellas his words. This is how he talks... He's been brainwashed by the likes of mundine! Everyone is against them LOL bunch of twats need to move on and snap out of it and stop crying. It's ok for them to criticize but when someone does the same they are racists white racists trying to get the aboriginal man down LOL bunch of kids

Edit. How come they didn't have glory boy white fella cam smith wrapped in an Australian flag? Thats racist.... thats division! LOL move along nothing to see here ...

Ive mentioned it before. But for me I don’t need anyone telling me what I should be saying or thinking in this politically correct world. For me comedy is the perfect segway in tackling these issues. If you haven’t already, watch Black Comedy on ABC iview. Imo this is what Australia is about. The aboriginal and white actors absolutely take the piss out of current and historical issues. The most important thing about the show imo, is it shows how we can move forward as one. Definitely one of my favourite comedy and relevant shows on TV. It’s all about the balance.

Yes yes we get his aboriginal fmd no need to have him posted up on a beach with a girl singing. Now he's bitching about white fellas not approving of blackfellas his words. This is how he talks... He's been brainwashed by the likes of mundine! Everyone is against them LOL bunch of twats need to move on and snap out of it and stop crying. It's ok for them to criticize but when someone does the same they are racists white racists trying to get the aboriginal man down LOL bunch of kids

Edit. How come they didn't have glory boy white fella cam smith wrapped in an Australian flag? Thats racist.... thats division! LOL move along nothing to see here ...

Ok a few thoughts here,

Mitchell stands draped in the Aboriginal flag for about 5 second on an footy ad and half the Rugby league community loses their minds and it is Mitchells fault to think that people dont support aboriginal culture???

Secondly your point on Smith, I'm interested in this, if Smith was draped in the Australian flag would you be the same level of outrage? or Tapau in a kiwi flag? Genuine question just wondering if it is someone in a flag or just an Aboriginal thing?

If the girl singing was white or Asian etc would that be ok?

Ive mentioned it before. But for me I don’t need anyone telling me what I should be saying or thinking in this politically correct world.

Again genuine question and not trying to be a smart *ss

What do you feel this ad is trying to tell you say or think?

That Mitchell is Aboriginal?
That he is proud?
That the game accepts Aboriginal?
That same sex partners are welcome and exist in league?

For me I'm a grown adult and Latrell with a flag over his shoulders doesnt tell me to say or think anything that I dont believe in already....

Again genuine question and not trying to be a smart *ss

What do you feel this ad is trying to tell you say or think?

That Mitchell is Aboriginal?
That he is proud?
That the game accepts Aboriginal?
That same sex partners are welcome and exist in league?

For me I'm a grown adult and Latrell with a flag over his shoulders doesnt tell me to say or think anything that I dont believe in already....
It’s not the individual so much @Disco . I am the same with religion. Don’t batter me with it. And that’s the way I see PC. I just feel it’s been forced upon us. But that’s just me. It doesn’t mean I won’t come around to the idea. I’m a dinosaur. Just feed me a little bit at a time. If you can spice it with comedy I’ll come around eventually.
I can see this means a lot to you @Disco , so I am sincere in what I’m saying.

Actually, reflecting on it a bit more, I think many fans are simply over Latrell after his Origin no show in Game 1 last year (following the non-singing of the anthem dominating the lead up to the game), his contract saga in the offseason and the perceptions of him being greedy. He is a bit of an easy target.

Instead of Latrell, they could have had Addo-Carr and his trademark beaming smile. That would have helped create a better response and a great vibe. The Foxx is a great ambassador for many things in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8