New recruit Jack Littlejohn kicks on at Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does she remember Johnny O'Ks 6 o'clock rock, Hawaiian Eye and Number 96. We could reminisce about the good old days. 'Fraid the bod's not much good for anything else these days

Bearfax said:
Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
LOL. You must be old like me.
Locks have been #13 for more than a couple of decades.
We haven't seen #8 on a Lock's guernsey since Fatty's days.

-

Oops. You got me. Yep I'm 63. Started watching League back in 1966 when The Yakich brothers were on the wing, Frankie 'Crankie' Stanton was captain, 'Pogo' Morgan, Freddie Jones, Bob Batty, Bill Hamilton, Alec Tenant and Billy Bradstreet wore the Manly colours. And there was a young 17 year old kid from Wollongong just starting who they said had some talent called Bobbie Fulton. They were great years back then leading up to Manly's first premiership in '72

This is a coincidence, I've been following Manly since 1966 as well, and I have always lived in the Sutherland Shire and just before Cronulla entered the comp, by a strange twist of fate I could have been a Dragons supporter, or even worse , a Sharks supporter, if not for Bozo.
[/quote

Arthurson snatched Fulton from under St George's noses after earlier missing out on Langlands as I understood it. Then it was a contest between Saints and Manly for Branson, the next wonder kid. Fortunately Sants won that race.
Absolutely correct about Branson, big signing for the Dragons, but not worth a postage stamp.
How about Dennis Ward coming over to us as a Berries reject and going on to play for Australia.
No other clubs has had more rejects go on to representative level than Manly.

Actually met Dennis Ward years later in Newcastle given we had the same employment later. He must have thought I was a prized dork the way i genuflected to him. And regarding the 25 yard 20 metre issue. Come on lad. Give an old bloke a break. I was raised in a very odd period of pounds shillings and pence, pounds and ounces, pints and gallons and ice chests instead of fridges. my dear old mum had a twin tub, which really meant two big tubs of water she washed the clothes in a a roller between then two tubs to ring out the soup (sunlight cakes). Even remember when the dunny man used to bring the cans for the outhouse and take away the full ones. We used newspapers to wipe the old bod. And the ink wells and nibbed sticks used for writing usually on used paper. Need any other proof I'm 63
We had one of them washing machines with a mangle on it to sneeze the water out of the clothes. I remember getting my fingers caught in it and it dragged my arm through up to my elbow :(

Bearfax said:
Does she remember Johnny O'Ks 6 o'clock rock, Hawaiian Eye and Number 96. We could reminisce about the good old days. 'Fraid the bod's not much good for anything else these days

Mum actually met JOK once through mutual friends...I forget the details but will ask her.

But yeah she remembers Number 96, The Box, Sullivans etc, Cyclone Tracy, Granville Train disaster...all things I vaguely remember as a kid.

Speaking of...I think Jack Littlejohn is LOST IN THIS THREAD! LOL.

Manly Daily - Blindside May 3, 2014

A Family Affair
There was nobody in the crowd more delighted with the Sea Eagles' 54-18 win over Canberra than Jack Littlejohn's mum Kim.
She made the trip up from Wagga to see her son make his NRL debut as a replacement for Kieran Foran.
"Mum was up on the hill and she reckoned when I kicked that 40/20 she got a tear in her eye." Littlejohn said.
Dad Gary, his three older sisters, his stepbrother, his nan and three cousins were also in the crowd.
:angel:

^^^That's what it's all about too!
And after toiling away for four years in lower grades (and rugby) so well deserved.

Jack really did look right at home in the top grade, and I really hope he's found a long-term home with Manly.

Congrats and all the best to all the Littlejohns'!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2