New recruit Jack Littlejohn kicks on at Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You old fellas are making me feel good here. At 61 I thought I was the oldest bloke on this forum. We have an interesting young nucleus devloping both around the forwards and the backs. Smart buying and nurturing from the club. Littlejohn is another example and all bodes well for the future. Baring injuries and incompetent refereeing I think we got a great shot at the title again this year and hopefully we can send glenn out on a winning note. he deserves it.

silvereagle said:
You old fellas are making me feel good here. At 61 I thought I was the oldest bloke on this forum. We have an interesting young nucleus devloping both around the forwards and the backs. Smart buying and nurturing from the club. Littlejohn is another example and all bodes well for the future. Baring injuries and incompetent refereeing I think we got a great shot at the title again this year and hopefully we can send glenn out on a winning note. he deserves it.

Well said young pup...or should I say Sea Eaglet

That's an interesting point you raise Bearfax...Well done to you. I thought you were winding us up with Foz at #8 and Josh Starling to fullback but Ramrod has clarified the numerical confusion and now it's an intriguing proposal.
I'm wondering what IS our best bench?
I'd like to see JSLFAO develop a bit more in first grade, he's already doing a decent job and can only get better. Imagine if he got a lot better (i'm sure Lou Ferrigno weighed a lot more than 103kg btw people).
Dunamis Lui is going quite well. Mistake free, runs and hits hard. Does what Joe G and Richie would have been doing (well, there's only one Joe G).
Kingy won't be fit enough again to be effective, out of the game too long (prone to mistakes, injuries, stupid penalties, temper tantrums and getting battered...how he ever gained captaincy I'll never know, I'm guessing Nepotism played a part).
Buhrer is very handy against tiring forwards, although jailbait for fresh ones (be nice if his speed was utilised more effectively i.e. stepping, running at holes).
James Hasson...I just think he lacks the requisite Manly mongrel. He's alright as a stop gap I suppose but to win the big one you need more than that. Although we did win a Premiership with Vic Mauro, albeit against an easier opponent than in 2013 and undoubtedly 2014 if we're there. The Dogs, Roosters and Rabbitoes have massive, quality interchange players.
Tom Symonds...seem a waste in Reserve grade. He has size, a decent level of skill and versatility but perhaps like Hasson, lacking the testicular fortitude that has kept this team at the top for so long to cement a spot in the forwards. The jury is still out regarding a verdict on Medium to Big Red. Playing 5/8 in Reserves this week. Interesting....
In 2014 I wonder If we are going to see the likes of Turbojet, Cheekam, Sao or that prop from Wigan whose name starts with the letter E play 1st Grade. Speaking of that prop whose name starts with the letter E, has any body been following his progress or vacation as may be the case?
Go the MIGHTY HALIAEETUS.

Nswrl.com.au video section has our last 2 games that Ela played in.

Someone who went to the Wollongong game last week reported that he is comming along and looks fearsome :)

I posted the Jets link to the livestream of tomorrow's game at 3pm on the NSW Round 8b thread. You can check out Ela, Wolfie and Tred .

lsz said:
Can we sticky this thread so if and when he performs again and again we do not get the whole "how long is he signed for" "better secure him" etc

Or Bulldogs are close to stealing "up and coming superstar" Jack Littlejohn. Love those pearls of wisdom after players have just started from the media.

bennyeagle said:
What impressed me the most is he didn't push that pass or force anything, he let the play come naturally to him, he wasn't afraid to take the ball up or have a kick, he defended well and gave it his all. A lot of halves doubt their ability in first grade and on debut, and if they miss a best they're most likely done. Big john was poised and precise ! What we sore from him was patience, and that's an absolute god send with the ayers that he has around him !

What I thought was his best play was the inside ball to watmough for the try ! Great vision !!

Reminded me of Forans debut against Canberra in 2010. You just knew the confidence was there.

Bearfax said:
Oops. You got me. Yep I'm 63. Started watching League back in 1966 when The Yakich brothers were on the wing, Frankie 'Crankie' Stanton was captain, 'Pogo' Morgan, Freddie Jones, Bob Batty, Bill Hamilton, Alec Tenant and Billy Bradstreet wore the Manly colours. And there was a young 17 year old kid from Wollongong just starting who they said had some talent called Bobbie Fulton. They were great years back then leading up to Manly's first premiership in '72

The Hound was the player sought before Arko saw Bozo.
Were you there when Les Hanigan scored 5 against Cronulla? I wasn't!
Thought Hiku was going to equalise but failed.
Billy still lives locally on the Northern Beaches.

I really enjoy hearing about the players and era's before my time there. No surprise I got hooked as a little kid in possibly our best ever era...the 70's.
Have to disagree with @Big Bird re: Jason King.
I respect what he's done for over a decade in the engine-room and earning the co-captaincy on his own right. No evidence of nepotism that I've ever seen.
You make some good points on other forwards though, but I still feel ( or perhaps hope ) Kingdog can play a strong cameo role for us this year, and maybe go out a winner along with the Gift.

As for Jack, something tells me he's also got what it takes to find a spot in firsts long term.

Well I believe he's with us for next season too @stevo, so hopefully by then our roster works itself out a bit and the dollars are there for Jack to resign in 2016 and beyond, if necessary.

Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:
Oops. You got me. Yep I'm 63. Started watching League back in 1966 when The Yakich brothers were on the wing, Frankie 'Crankie' Stanton was captain, 'Pogo' Morgan, Freddie Jones, Bob Batty, Bill Hamilton, Alec Tenant and Billy Bradstreet wore the Manly colours. And there was a young 17 year old kid from Wollongong just starting who they said had some talent called Bobbie Fulton. They were great years back then leading up to Manly's first premiership in '72

Remember it well. I was sitting with my father and brother on The Hill adjacent to the northern 25 metre line. T'was a day well remembered. Mind you at the same ground some time later against Norths I recall Irvine giving Hannigan a bit of a hurry up behind the goal line. Wasnt happy. But then a few years later Irvine was in Manly colours sharing the accolades with the Manly lads in '72

Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:
Its already been suggested but I just want supporters to think it through. Littlejohn (6), Cherry-Evans (7), Foran (8). There's a good reason for that suggestion.

You're expecting Foz to play prop at #8?
He'll have to pack on more kilos to be a ball playing prop like Artie.

-

He wouldnt have to add any weight to play lock. He's only a few kilos lighter than Buhrer. Locks dont need to be heavy like second rowers and front rowers. In fact sometimes its a disadvantage. He's 89Kgs, Buhrer is 93

LOL. You must be old like me.
Locks have been #13 for more than a couple of decades.
We haven't seen #8 on a Lock's guernsey since Fatty's days.

-

This is a coincidence, I've been following Manly since 1966 as well, and I have always lived in the Sutherland Shire and just before Cronulla entered the comp, by a strange twist of fate I could have been a Dragons supporter, or even worse , a Sharks supporter, if not for Bozo.

Good on Jack for an impressive debut and well done to Manly's recruitment guy for picking him up.

Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:

-

He wouldnt have to add any weight to play lock. He's only a few kilos lighter than Buhrer. Locks dont need to be heavy like second rowers and front rowers. In fact sometimes its a disadvantage. He's 89Kgs, Buhrer is 93

-

This is a coincidence, I've been following Manly since 1966 as well, and I have always lived in the Sutherland Shire and just before Cronulla entered the comp, by a strange twist of fate I could have been a Dragons supporter, or even worse , a Sharks supporter, if not for Bozo.
[/quote

Arthurson snatched Fulton from under St George's noses after earlier missing out on Langlands as I understood it. Then it was a contest between Saints and Manly for Branson, the next wonder kid. Fortunately Sants won that race.

ALinda said:
Good on Jack for an impressive debut and well done to Manly's recruitment guy for picking him up.

Yes @ALinda, Dave Warwick really does have a great eye for talent, and guys that will fit in and do well with us.

Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:

Remember it well. I was sitting with my father and brother on The Hill adjacent to the northern 25 metre line. T'was a day well remembered.

C'mon Bearfax, if you're as old as you say you'd know it as the 25 yard line!
25 yards = 22m which they then changed to the 20m line.

Bearfax said:
Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:

-

-

[/quote

Arthurson snatched Fulton from under St George's noses after earlier missing out on Langlands as I understood it. Then it was a contest between Saints and Manly for Branson, the next wonder kid. Fortunately Sants won that race.
Absolutely correct about Branson, big signing for the Dragons, but not worth a postage stamp.
How about Dennis Ward coming over to us as a Berries reject and going on to play for Australia.
No other clubs has had more rejects go on to representative level than Manly.

Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
Peter C said:
Bearfax said:
Ramrod said:

-

[/quote

Absolutely correct about Branson, big signing for the Dragons, but not worth a postage stamp.
How about Dennis Ward coming over to us as a Berries reject and going on to play for Australia.
No other clubs has had more rejects go on to representative level than Manly.

Actually met Dennis Ward years later in Newcastle given we had the same employment later. He must have thought I was a prized dork the way i genuflected to him. And regarding the 25 yard 20 metre issue. Come on lad. Give an old bloke a break. I was raised in a very odd period of pounds shillings and pence, pounds and ounces, pints and gallons and ice chests instead of fridges. my dear old mum had a twin tub, which really meant two big tubs of water she washed the clothes in a a roller between then two tubs to ring out the soup (sunlight cakes). Even remember when the dunny man used to bring the cans for the outhouse and take away the full ones. We used newspapers to wipe the old bod. And the ink wells and nibbed sticks used for writing usually on used paper. Need any other proof I'm 63

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4