New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Baz said he wasn't going to just waste money getting into a bidding war or just sign any player that comes onto the market. Wants to hold onto promising juniors and spend money on the right players that come available.

We missed out on pearce but both Cordner and now Michael Morgan want to go onto the open market. In todays DT said cows offered new 4 year 3.2 million dollar deal that was rejected. Morgan said would be happy to move to another city and play at another club. Nrl career is too short not to look at other opportunities. Here are two player's worth going for. Missing out on pearce could be a blessing. Just run with Hastings who is already training there at the moment and on a cheap 1 more year contract. Klemmer also off contract. Plenty of other big fish

Not sure why people are getting so antsy about no big signings...we have not really lost any players of serious note(and that is coming off a pretty successful year).Lawrence is gone but not a star and with Sipley and Gosiewski and the improvement in the other young forwards we have that covered.We just lost Green who was a good foil for DCE but we have Hastings and Croker signed and possibly another addition to cover that.Maybe some continuity with our squad is not such a bad thing,maybe the reason that other clubs are signing players left and right is because they are not happy with their squads and know this and are trying to play catch up.Maybe the reason we are not going after everyone and are being selective is because we know how good our squad is and the youngsters coming through and don't feel the need to have to sign a lot of players...It is a competitive business and not all targets and aims can be achieved,they tried a couple of times and it did not come off and did the wise thing by not selling the farm to make it happen.Sounds like good business sense,if you don't reach your goal,save your money and wait for the next opportunity.

I know you disagree #Ryan you are one of the antsy ones I was referring to ;)I believe you were also one of the people who thought we would have a terrible year in 2017...

Not sure why people are getting so antsy about no big signings...we have not really lost any players of serious note(and that is coming off a pretty successful year).Lawrence is gone but not a star and with Sipley and Gosiewski and the improvement in the other young forwards we have that covered.We just lost Green who was a good foil for DCE but we have Hastings and Croker signed and possibly another addition to cover that.Maybe some continuity with our squad is not such a bad thing,maybe the reason that other clubs are signing players left and right is because they are not happy with their squads and know this and are trying to play catch up.Maybe the reason we are not going after everyone and are being selective is because we know how good our squad is and the youngsters coming through and don't feel the need to have to sign a lot of players...It is a competitive business and not all targets and aims can be achieved,they tried a couple of times and it did not come off and did the wise thing by not selling the farm to make it happen.Sounds like good business sense,if you don't reach your goal,save your money and wait for the next opportunity.

You've just provided instructions on how to create a base of apathy, mediocrity & accepting less than the best. Just excuses. That's un-Manly like. This club is built on ruthlessness, winning, ability to attract the best, professionalism, and going for the throat. Arko had it. Bob Fulton had it. Hasler & others had it.

We are already relying on reserve graders (Hastings, Perrett & a few of those new signings from other teams reserve or junior grades). We get a few injuries (which WILL happen), and we are scraping the barrel talent wise.

Cartwright / S Fulton need to be addressed here. In my opinion, they haven't fulfilled the requirements of their roles here.

I know you disagree #Ryan you are one of the antsy ones I was referring to ;)I believe you were also one of the people who thought we would have a terrible year in 2017...

I projected us to go 2nd overall in 2017, given our roster, and most people disagreed with me? Pretty sure that was better than most projected. THIS coming season is a completely different story.

You've just provided instructions on how to create a base of apathy, mediocrity & accepting less than the best. Just excuses. That's un-Manly like. This club is built on ruthlessness, winning, ability to attract the best, professionalism, and going for the throat. Arko had it. Bob Fulton had it. Hasler & others had it.

We are already relying on reserve graders (Hastings, Perrett & a few of those new signings from other teams reserve or junior grades). We get a few injuries (which WILL happen), and we are scraping the barrel talent wise.

Cartwright / S Fulton need to be addressed here. In my opinion, they haven't fulfilled the requirements of their roles here.
The old maxim of if it ain't broke,don't fix it also applies here.The ruthlessness you talk of was also an era when we were the wealthy ones,time to face the facts and accept that we don't have that luxury anymore.Excuses/Reasons Potayto/Potarto.

I projected us to go 2nd overall in 2017, given our roster, and most people disagreed with me? Pretty sure that was better than most projected. THIS coming season is a completely different story.
Sorry mate,I thought I remembered you getting worked up last year thinking we were going to have a crap year,maybe I mistook it for someone else,if so ...my apologies.Either way,you are antsy at the moment...

Sorry mate,I thought I remembered you getting worked up last year thinking we were going to have a crap year,maybe I mistook it for someone else,if so ...my apologies.Either way,you are antsy at the moment...

Yeah, that's my debate with people here most of the time. I rate our roster much higher than most.

So if our roster is essentially the same but for a couple of minor losses,why wouldn't you think we would be just as successful?If we had upped our offer to Pearce and paid him another $300K and it meant we lost Api or Sirro for 2019 or someone similar,would you be happy with that?

So if our roster is essentially the same but for a couple of minor losses,why wouldn't you think we would be just as successful?

I disagree with that. I wrote this in another thread (and here are my concerns):

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. N/A
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Apisai Koroisou

There in lies our problem imo.

X Tom Trbojevic. Is he as good as Brett Stewart (not including his last season?). That's a tough call. Brett Stewart was one of the best, most explosive fullbacks I've ever seen. As he matured, he just oozed talent. Tommy Turbo is green, but fmd he looks like he could be anything. I seriously have no idea how good Tom could be, but the skies the limits.

X 5/8. Face it, we are going to be relying on a reserve grade quality 5/8 next season, be it Metcalf, Croker, Hastings, Matt Wright, Tom Wright or maybe some ring in like Lamb (oof), or Hodkinson (who let's face it, is done) - which is why he's just been replaced by Pearce / Watson. This is our breakdown.

X DCE. The period between when we had a proper 5/8, and Green, DCE struggled like I've never seen. Face it, he looked ordinary. We struggled through that period entirely. Having to rely upon an unknown quantity at 6 rings serious alarm bells for mine. DCE isn't a "carry this team on my back" type halfback. He NEEDS a quality partner in those halves.

X Koroisou. I don't know - at times, this kid is amazing. Like State Of Origin quality amazing. Other times, horrible. The epitome of rocks and diamonds. We've lost Lawrence (starting prop), Myles (either starting or first off the bench prior to Taupau moving to prop), and will be relying upon either reserve grade forwards (Lane, Perrett, Sipley, Tanginoa, Paseka), or guys that came off the bench in Lussick / AFB to start. Seasin BEFORE this one, when we were hammered injury wise, and were relying on reserve grade props, Api really, really struggled, so alarm bells there as well.

Honestly, a "little" concerned about next season, but certainly hopeful. We are well down on depth, quality, experience compared to this past season.

I disagree with that. I wrote this in another thread (and here are my concerns):

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. N/A
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Apisai Koroisou

There in lies our problem imo.

X Tom Trbojevic. Is he as good as Brett Stewart (not including his last season?). That's a tough call. Brett Stewart was one of the best, most explosive fullbacks I've ever seen. As he matured, he just oozed talent. Tommy Turbo is green, but fmd he looks like he could be anything. I seriously have no idea how good Tom could be, but the skies the limits.

X 5/8. Face it, we are going to be relying on a reserve grade quality 5/8 next season, be it Metcalf, Croker, Hastings, Matt Wright, Tom Wright or maybe some ring in like Lamb (oof), or Hodkinson (who let's face it, is done) - which is why he's just been replaced by Pearce / Watson. This is our breakdown.

X DCE. The period between when we had a proper 5/8, and Green, DCE struggled like I've never seen. Face it, he looked ordinary. We struggled through that period entirely. Having to rely upon an unknown quantity at 6 rings serious alarm bells for mine. DCE isn't a "carry this team on my back" type halfback. He NEEDS a quality partner in those halves.

X Koroisou. I don't know - at times, this kid is amazing. Like State Of Origin quality amazing. Other times, horrible. The epitome of rocks and diamonds. We've lost Lawrence (starting prop), Myles (either starting or first off the bench prior to Taupau moving to prop), and will be relying upon either reserve grade forwards (Lane, Perrett, Sipley, Tanginoa, Paseka), or guys that came off the bench in Lussick / AFB to start. Seasin BEFORE this one, when we were hammered injury wise, and were relying on reserve grade props, Api really, really struggled, so alarm bells there as well.

Honestly, a "little" concerned about next season, but certainly hopeful. We are well down on depth, quality, experience compared to this past season.
The Storm are going in with Munster and Croft/Jacks in the halves..and have lost McLean,Harris,yet I am pretty confident they will have a good year.Maybe not premiers but they are still top 4.Other sides are a lot skinnier than us depth wise.The sharks outside of their top 17 have Lee,Ramiens,Flanagan,Paulo,Sorenson,Uele to call on(hardly inspiring).The roosters have Gordon,Cornish,Butcher,Vunaceke,Travis Robinson to call upon(not inspiring either)

The Storm are going in with Munster and Croft/Jacks in the halves..and have lost McLean,Harris,yet I am pretty confident they will have a good year.Maybe not premiers but they are still top 4.Other sides are a lot skinnier than us depth wise.The sharks outside of their top 17 have Lee,Ramiens,Flanagan,Paulo,Sorenson,Uele to call on(hardly inspiring).The roosters have Gordon,Cornish,Butcher,Vunaceke,Travis Robinson to call upon(not inspiring either)

Hard to compare Melbourne to Manly right now mate - just two different leagues quality and talent wise.

Sharks have added both Dugan, Moylan and are thinking about putting Holmes on the wing !

Chooks have added Cronk & Tedesko (believe it or not).

All these clubs also finished well above us.

Anyway, I have concerns about next season, and I probably won't win any debate here. Let's just agree to disagree respectfully :)

Hard to compare Melbourne to Manly right now mate - just two different leagues quality and talent wise.

Sharks have added both Dugan, Moylan and are thinking about putting Holmes on the wing !

Chooks have added Cronk & Tedesko (believe it or not).

All these clubs also finished well above us.

Anyway, I have concerns about next season, and I probably won't win any debate here. Let's just agree to disagree respectfully :)
No problemo....but we did beat the chooks twice and flogged the sharks ;)

Roster has gone backwards.

We need some signings because now our roster has gone backwards. While our young stars will improve as will some combinations within the side our replacements at the current point in time will be reserve graders.

Hastings hasnt played well since 2014 and when he doesnt get what he wants he has a sook which tells a story that he wont last long in the side replaceing Green who was arguably the best kicker in the game last season short and long and his game did wonders for Cherry.

The replacement for Lawrence who was also one of our best is Lussick. Mr inconsistent who had a horrible 2017 after what looked to be a resugence in form in 2016. Ill discipline and a poor attitude has leaked back into his game.

Our bench is also very poor. 14 Brown, 15 Perrett, 16 Lane, 17 Fonua-Blake. Only 1 quality player who actually provides impact in Fonua-Blake.

We have a significantly weaker side and as much as we would love young players to come in and perform its just to big a risk because they may play a blinder or 2 but not a full consistent season like we need. We are in big trouble and im a pretty optimistic fan of our side.

The young players in our team will have learned a hell of a lot over this last season and you will see improvement in some of them as the hunger will drive them further. We have a good nucleus and we have some gaps that we need to fill. I feel that we are very much in a building stage and the best is yet to come. If we repeat last seasons performance it would be a good achievement based on our current group of players. I expect the Turbos to go up a few notches and I see players like Api improving further, Brian Kelly will be a better player and we will have Jorge back on the wing who gives Manly metres and Curtis Sirro will be a much better player too. I have faith that the club has signed and retained a great group of kids and we will be ok moving forward.

Roster has gone backwards.

We need some signings because now our roster has gone backwards. While our young stars will improve as will some combinations within the side our replacements at the current point in time will be reserve graders.

Hastings hasnt played well since 2014 and when he doesnt get what he wants he has a sook which tells a story that he wont last long in the side replaceing Green who was arguably the best kicker in the game last season short and long and his game did wonders for Cherry.

The replacement for Lawrence who was also one of our best is Lussick. Mr inconsistent who had a horrible 2017 after what looked to be a resugence in form in 2016. Ill discipline and a poor attitude has leaked back into his game.

Our bench is also very poor. 14 Brown, 15 Perrett, 16 Lane, 17 Fonua-Blake. Only 1 quality player who actually provides impact in Fonua-Blake.

We have a significantly weaker side and as much as we would love young players to come in and perform its just to big a risk because they may play a blinder or 2 but not a full consistent season like we need. We are in big trouble and im a pretty optimistic fan of our side.
No offence #Turbo,I respect your opinion,but this is why I don't understand the concern.You say our roster is significantly weaker,but I don't see it.Lawrence is gone but in my opinion was solid at best,makes an effort but gets stopped dead at the defensive line and makes no impact,we have added Sipley and Lussick is fit again and determined,even Baz said he is part of this years plan,AFB is on the improve and Paseka is chomping at the bit to contribute.Our backrow and dummy halves are identical to 2017 so no drop off there.Our outside backs have lost no one and with the improvements in Turbo(lol),Kelly,Parker and Tom Wright we look better.The loss of Green is potentially more significant experience wise,but I have more faith in Hastings. (I think he can easily do what Green did for us this year)With the addition of Croker and so long until the start of the season that we are likely to still add players in the halves or backrow I just don't think that we are going that badly...

I hate to burst the green bubble, but he was average. If u attended the games you would have heard dce directing the team around. Green did not do much organising. He was on par with Townsend, Austin etc he did kick a few good 40/20 but not much more

I hate to burst the green bubble, but he was average. If u attended the games you would have heard dce directing the team around. Green did not do much organising. He was on par with Townsend, Austin etc he did kick a few good 40/20 but not much more
You judge a player on how his peers view him. Cherry-Evans claims him to be a great player who gave him everything he needed to return to his best. Green was far from average and in all respect mate people who claimed him to be average know nothing about league. The stats say Green was proably the best kicker in the game this year and for an organizing 6 thats massive. He will be a huge loss.

No offence #Turbo,I respect your opinion,but this is why I don't understand the concern.You say our roster is significantly weaker,but I don't see it.Lawrence is gone but in my opinion was solid at best,makes an effort but gets stopped dead at the defensive line and makes no impact,we have added Sipley and Lussick is fit again and determined,even Baz said he is part of this years plan,AFB is on the improve and Paseka is chomping at the bit to contribute.Our backrow and dummy halves are identical to 2017 so no drop off there.Our outside backs have lost no one and with the improvements in Turbo(lol),Kelly,Parker and Tom Wright we look better.The loss of Green is potentially more significant experience wise,but I have more faith in Hastings. (I think he can easily do what Green did for us this year)With the addition of Croker and so long until the start of the season that we are likely to still add players in the halves or backrow I just don't think that we are going that badly...
Our side is good, especially the backline (one of the best) but we lose traction to top packs in the forwards and bench. We do have an above average team but there are better teams ahead of us. We need a good 6, hastings isnt good enough and he has shown that when playing at roosters for a full season and lussick is an average prop at the moment and lawrence was a superb veteran prop who gave 100%.

Our side is good, especially the backline (one of the best) but we lose traction to top packs in the forwards and bench. We do have an above average team but there are better teams ahead of us. We need a good 6, hastings isnt good enough and he has shown that when playing at roosters for a full season and lussick is an average prop at the moment and lawrence was a superb veteran prop who gave 100%.
The thing that I like most about Lussick (and it is partially why many are critical of him for having some moments when he has brain snaps and gives away penalties,Lawrence did that more than often too) is that he is fearless and doesn't take a step backwards.We need that to support Marty and Jake,Lawrence did not offer that.He will form a better starting combo with Marty in my opinion but time will tell.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10