New walkout rocks Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jonesyv2 said:
tookey said:
BOZO said:
As long as our players dont walk the Eagles will stick rock.
Toovey is made out of the right stuff and is bound for success.
Toovey ha been around for a long time and i am sure he will have some good connections , people with potential and the passion to get a start with the Mighty Sea Eagles.

We are kidding ourseleves if we don't think that a number of players won;t follow Des and the rest of the coaching staff to the dogs.

My tip is Foran and DCE will go and we will have Hodkinson in return.

Has Donny Singe and our physio actually signed for next year or are they going as well?

Donny Singe & Andre Rickenbach (Physio) are signed.

Thanks Jonesy. Hopefully they don't have get out clauses.:D

Hopefully Penn and co are doing everything possible to extend the contracts of the likes of Foran, DCE, Lussick etc so that we don't lose any players.

Kelly Egan was always going to go, he's attached to Des more than anything and would hold no loyalty to the club, for him it's a job. I'd be surprised if there are any more "coaching wise" as really where do the Bulldogs fit them....as it is it now consigns Dymock to nothing better than a 3rd grade assistant, I wonder how long before HE jumps ship.

I'd be surprised if you don't see Dennis Moore come back (remember him from 2007), I head at the time he couldn't handle Des's "control freak" attitude and that''s why he left.

I also think you'll see Cliff Lyons back, possibly in Toovs role with a view to a long term plan.

Everyone wants to cut their wrists, me being a "glass half full" sort of person sees this as a 'changing of the guard and the next step in the evolution of the club'.

In four years time we will be watching the same mass walkouts from the Bulldogs too when Des leaves...karma!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Kelly Egan was always going to go, he's attached to Des more than anything and would hold no loyalty to the club, for him it's a job. I'd be surprised if there are any more "coaching wise" as really where do the Bulldogs fit them....as it is it now consigns Dymock to nothing better than a 3rd grade assistant, I wonder how long before HE jumps ship.

I'd be surprised if you don't see Dennis Moore come back (remember him from 2007), I head at the time he couldn't handle Des's "control freak" attitude and that''s why he left.

I also think you'll see Cliff Lyons back, possibly in Toovs role with a view to a long term plan.

Everyone wants to cut their wrists, me being a "glass half full" sort of person sees this as a 'changing of the guard and the next step in the evolution of the club'.

It is my information that Cliffy & Beaver will be on the coaching staff within 12 months, obviously they don't have NRL experience yet but the only way for them to get it is to coach in the NRL they have to start somewhere. Cliffy has done a great job with the hawkes and both their playing careers speak for them selves.

I would love to see something, even from the club, about who what where is signed or when and till.
Lots of rumours around, but is there anywhere its shown "officially"

During the one infamous occasion I sat in the captain's box, I shared it with Cliffy. The game against Penrith, the second time we came back against them at Brookvale (so probably 206?)

We were down significantly in the first half and Cliffy was very agitated, particularly with Orford. At the beginning of half time he announced Ï'm sick of this ****" and dissapeared. He came back for the start of the 2nd half with a big grin on his face which continued for the entire half as we put them to the sword.

He'd been down in the sheds and given the halves a spray to play more direct. It's a shame he wasn't there for the entirety of 2009 to do likewise.

Romeo said:
I hardly ever post here but thought id mention what i heard. I was talking to a bulldogs insider, (someone high up) and he mentioned to me that the bulldogs have been working hard all year on getting Des and that everything is just about in place for him to come now. They would love nothing more than for Manly to sack him and thought it would have happened by now. He also said they really want Foran and they are gonna go after him in a big way!

This is a pretty hard hitting statement and I don't doubt you there Romeo (going by your post history).

I hope Perry and the board are reading this and get things in order quick smart. We cannot loose Foran or any of our top players. Foran and DCE are our future.

We need some positive news from the club about how we will be moving forward next season and when Des leaves.

Matabele said:
Wolfpack said:
People are upset about Egan going? Geez.

They will latch onto anything to maintain their short term rage.

Without blaming anyone or any faction, do you agree that the situation has become completely untenable from a business point of view?

Mark from Brisbane said:

Yes, a very sensible way to look at things. Everybody is speculating that the defections will weaken us, but we won't know until next season is well underway. No point worrying now. If I recall many 'experts' were writing off our chances 12 months ago because we had lost Dodgekinson to the Dogs.

We know where both clubs finished, with Manly finding that people can not only be replaced but often it's by better people.

WAMF said:
Matabele said:
Wolfpack said:
People are upset about Egan going? Geez.

They will latch onto anything to maintain their short term rage.

Without blaming anyone or any faction, do you agree that the situation has become completely untenable from a business point of view?

It depends on your business culture mate. Posters here are calling for the symptoms to be addressed. I'd be more interested in addressing the disease. This happened in 2009, it's happening again, and it will happen to Toovey too in future, unless it is decisevely addressed.

I hope they are getting off their arses and talking to Foran and DCE's management. We are just going to have to make these two offers they can't refuse. Unfortunately this will mean we will have to start making some hard decisions regarding older player.

I agree with Mark. If there's a staff cleanout, that's not all bad. Toovs gets a clean slate with which to work come 2013. If players leave for other pastures, then that's footie. I do not want the club to sack Hasler, as such giving him money for nothing. Let the guy work it out with all the complicating factors. If players want out to go with him then that's a cap problem for the Dogs. I will support the club no matter what, and I will hate the Dogs with added vigor. I can't see a reason to think the crowds will be down next season. Why would people stay away? No reason for that.
And Bob, the ground announcer was the first to bail, thank god.

I'm upset to see Kelly leave. I met him at the Locker Day back in June and he was happy to answer all my questions about Brett's knee surgeries (I've had two knee reconstructions myself and I was curious as to the similarities).

It's quite upsetting to see some many harsh words around here lately.

globaleagle said:
Frogz said:
I would love to see something, even from the club, about who what where is signed or when and till.
Lots of rumours around, but is there anywhere its shown "officially"

I was thinking the same thing - actually more like thinking about hearing something from the club, if you check out the official site, facebook, or even twitter anyone would think there's no news at all besides t-rex's impressive form in england and the variety of mo's that are being grown.

Obviously no club can make frivilous statements due to their official nature, but if 'Des' can send me a text thanking me for my support pre-grand final (as I am sure you all got) then surely someone in authority can address any of the multitude of issues that we are facing daily.

In any forum in any off season participents seem to go a bit bananas, but here I'd say we're getting more than our share of fuel.

I'm not sure I'm as gracious as those telling us the glass is half full, or don't worry about things, or my rage is irrelavent - what would help though is someone from the club to stop treating us like mushrooms and inform us a little, as they're only to happy to communicate with me when wanting my membership renewal cashola.

That's because the person in charge of the social stuff is going to the dogs too

master blaster said:
honestly,how could they afford Foran and still be under the cap,and you watch Perry will up and leave,he,s done his job,ripped the club apart

How can't we be under the cap? We apperently have a **** roster full of rep players like tolman, graha, pritchard, eastwood, morris, ennis, barba etc

I should've known as soon as the Terrorgraph reported that most of the manly staff were about to re-sign, that they'd all be out the door.

Can't believe those dip****s have still got a job.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4