New walkout rocks Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Frogz said:
I would love to see something, even from the club, about who what where is signed or when and till.
Lots of rumours around, but is there anywhere its shown "officially"
- what would help though is someone from the club to stop treating us like mushrooms and inform us a little,

Global & Frogz........surely you both must understand that everyone in the club at the moment is busy trying to manage all this. Cant expect them to start making announcements or appease everyone if they are in the middle of the doing it.

Matabele said:
During the one infamous occasion I sat in the captain's box, I shared it with Cliffy. The game against Penrith, the second time we came back against them at Brookvale (so probably 206?)

We were down significantly in the first half and Cliffy was very agitated, particularly with Orford. At the beginning of half time he announced Ï'm sick of this s**t" and dissapeared. He came back for the start of the 2nd half with a big grin on his face which continued for the entire half as we put them to the sword.

He'd been down in the sheds and given the halves a spray to play more direct. It's a shame he wasn't there for the entirety of 2009 to do likewise.

Simple reason for that he's NOT allowed near the players....he told be that face to face...and he "bleeds maroon and white"

Big deal they can all piss of, they're only coaches they don't win you the games on the park.

The talent of players we have any coach off the street can steer the side to a premiership as long as the players stay.

Stevo said:
Nice self quote in your signature Matabele. Were you proud of that one? lol

I am proud of it. It's sums up the current stupidity in a pithy and memorable way.

eagles2win said:
Who was the assistant coach in 2008 also coached SCSE in 2009?

Currently works with the Roosters.

Get him back.

Brandon Costin. Coaching Bellingen I think.

thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:
honestly,how could they afford Foran and still be under the cap,and you watch Perry will up and leave,he,s done his job,ripped the club apart

How can't we be under the cap? We apperently have a s**t roster full of rep players like tolman, graha, pritchard, eastwood, morris, ennis, barba etc
yea and how many teams you bought the last few years and you have graham going there

Mark from Brisbane said:
Matabele said:
During the one infamous occasion I sat in the captain's box, I shared it with Cliffy. The game against Penrith, the second time we came back against them at Brookvale (so probably 206?)

We were down significantly in the first half and Cliffy was very agitated, particularly with Orford. At the beginning of half time he announced Ï'm sick of this s**t" and dissapeared. He came back for the start of the 2nd half with a big grin on his face which continued for the entire half as we put them to the sword.

He'd been down in the sheds and given the halves a spray to play more direct. It's a shame he wasn't there for the entirety of 2009 to do likewise.

Simple reason for that he's NOT allowed near the players....he told be that face to face...and he "bleeds maroon and white"

How come Cliffy isn't allowed near the players ?

DSM5 said:
Didn't Brandon Costin coach in the Qld Cup with some success?

He is no longer with the SCSE, and having spoke to some of the Stingray players who trained with the SCSE squad, he was seen as "bizaare and unpredictable". Possibly the seeds he sowed with BK flowering to fruit.

master blaster said:
thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:
honestly,how could they afford Foran and still be under the cap,and you watch Perry will up and leave,he,s done his job,ripped the club apart

How can't we be under the cap? We apperently have a s**t roster full of rep players like tolman, graha, pritchard, eastwood, morris, ennis, barba etc
yea and how many teams you bought the last few years and you have graham going there

we signed graham and gavet and mcdougall this year.

we lost idris, ryan, roberts, tandy, paea, hodgson, armit, tia kifili, warburton, sezer.

theres more but thats just off the top of my head.

then on top of the people we have signed the past couple years we have also lost kimmorley, hannant... keep in mind.

thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:
thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:

we lost idris, ryan, roberts, tandy, paea, hodgson, armit, tia kifili, warburton, sezer.

then on top of the people we have signed the past couple years we have also lost kimmorley, hannant... keep in mind.
Apart from Idris & to a less extent Ryan these are basically NSW cup players leaving the kennel, lets talk quality not quantity. However if the big name signings are willing to play at the dogs at cut price good luck with them - it may be why they all tend to only put in 70% effort when they get there as shown by recent results. Dont expect a coach & bushman to make the club a success as winning results belong to the players desire & having the right attitudes, those days when the Dogs were feared are long gone but good luck......

MK Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:
thedogs88 said:
master blaster said:

Apart from Idris & to a less extent Ryan these are basically NSW cup players leaving the kennel, lets talk quality not quantity. However if the big name signings are willing to play at the dogs at cut price good luck with them - it may be why they all tend to only put in 70% effort when they get there as shown by recent results. Dont expect a coach & bushman to make the club a success as winning results belong to the players desire & having the right attitudes, those days when the Dogs were feared are long gone but good luck......

i'd say a good chunk were but still roberts was on 220k, tandy 185k, ryan would of been on 300kish, idris 200k+ and paea 150k so still gives us a bit of cash especially seeing only graham would be in tripple figures... keep in mind we still offered idris around 400k and we didn't keep him, and our replacement in lafai isn't going to be on a 3rd of that. also losing blokes like hodgson, armit, warburton were still part of our cap and we are bumping kids up to take there spot.

the club said earlier this year that we would be focusing on retention this season and we can expect a big name or 2 next season signed.

looks more then likely considering we got blokes like keating, goodwin, stagg etc off contract next season. especially if the cap does go up.

When can we expect an announcement from Dan that he is following Des and taking this website over to the Dogs as well

Dan has been away a bit lately, maybe meeting with Greenburg. Would also explain why so many Dogs fans have been coming out of the woodwork

Matabele said:
byso said:
Honesty what has to happen for these knuckle heads that want Des stay, want him to leave.

If we think it's bad now. Let's see what happens when some players follow.

What are you worried about Mr Watermark? No cheerleaders are making the move yet.
:) ...dont we have the best chEErleaders!?!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4