New walkout rocks Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 said:
bob dylan said:
The Dogs want Foran as much they want Des. They havent missed getting their man yet, it appears they have a 100% strike rate

I'd say its a done deal, some could say Des was the means to get him.

Gut feeling bob? Or do you have mail?

Gut feeling this time mate, but it makes a lot of sense.

A lot of our players come with too much baggage for a lot of teams, which is to our advantage, Stewarts, Watmough, Lyon and Matai. Foran and DCE are logical choices and they wont be chasing DCE.

BOZO said:
As long as our players dont walk the Eagles will stick rock.
Toovey is made out of the right stuff and is bound for success.
Toovey ha been around for a long time and i am sure he will have some good connections , people with potential and the passion to get a start with the Mighty Sea Eagles.

We are kidding ourseleves if we don't think that a number of players won;t follow Des and the rest of the coaching staff to the dogs.

My tip is Foran and DCE will go and we will have Hodkinson in return.

Has Donny Singe and our physio actually signed for next year or are they going as well?

lsz said:
It is amazing how quickly the rage against the "faceless men" has changed to anger at des

What happened to wanting change at a board level? Is that all forgotten now?

Lets say Tooves is able to rebuild the club. Without board change what is to say we will not be in the same position again in 3 years time?
Spot on - and It's not if but when Tooves rebuilds. If the board is the root of the problem it must be fixed. If it is the ego of all involved then that is harder. I guess that is the problem with "clubs" they can often lack the professionalism needed to consistently succeed

ChErRy EvAnZ said:
simz said:
Dymock must be feeling really good now, he will go from head coach to 3rd in charge.

Toovey must be ecstatic! He will go from assistant coach to only coach in charge.

He will have to bring his boots as well when the players start leaving soon.

It has been said that Hasler is a control freak. This shows what happens when you give one bloke so much power. Ribot will look like a saint after Hasler's decimation of our club.

We have weak leadership and head office is a shambles.

I think the real leadership needs to be shown by addressing the disease rather than the symptoms. Though this may not be constitutionally possible, so buckle up and watch it get worse, not better.

Matabele said:
I think the real leadership needs to be shown by addressing the disease rather than the symptoms. Though this may not be constitutionally possible, so buckle up and watch it get worse, not better.

That made me feel better.

Not.

Anyone think that if Des has been treated in the right way (and we all know for what ever reason he was not...regardless of who you believe was behind it) we would even be having these threads and conversations?

If Des is giggling himself to sleep at the thought of what he has done to the club, then he would like nothing more than to be sacked. If we sack him we have to pay out his contract which equals more financial woes for us. This whole scheme of Haslers is something that didn't just fall into place overnight. He and his cronies MUST have been planning, plotting and putting things in place for atleast 6 months to a year.
Secret meetings, emails, phone calls and handshake agreements must have taken place months ago. You are a deadset DOG Hasler, and the only way to slightly redeem yourself with any of the Manly supporters is to walkaway NOW with your hands in your pockets.
But you won't will you. You will demand every dollar you are legally entitled to, after all, you've done so much for the club. You are a dog, and you will fit in nicely.

lloydy said:
Is a press conference too much to ask for? I just want to hear from our club! Or have the bulldogs stolen all of the microphones as well??
The dogs have stolen nothing from us. They just have some people that dont want to be with the Sea Eagles any more .
Who wants people at the our club that dont want to be with us any way
Its Tooveys time to shine now, he will be replacing the water bottle with the Champagne bottle and premiership success in years to come
NEW HEADING
THE DEFECTORS WILL BE WALKING AND TOOVEY AND THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES WILL STILL BE ROCKING !!!:D:D:D

mozgrame said:
If Des is giggling himself to sleep at the thought of what he has done to the club, then he would like nothing more than to be sacked. If we sack him we have to pay out his contract which equals more financial woes for us. This whole scheme of Haslers is something that didn't just fall into place overnight. He and his cronies MUST have been planning, plotting and putting things in place for atleast 6 months to a year.
Secret meetings, emails, phone calls and handshake agreements must have taken place months ago. You are a deadset DOG Hasler, and the only way to slightly redeem yourself with any of the Manly supporters is to walkaway NOW with your hands in your pockets.
But you won't will you. You will demand every dollar you are legally entitled to, after all, you've done so much for the club. You are a dog, and you will fit in nicely.

:D Gold for that-understand your pain-thanks for writing what I was thinking

tookey said:
BOZO said:
As long as our players dont walk the Eagles will stick rock.
Toovey is made out of the right stuff and is bound for success.
Toovey ha been around for a long time and i am sure he will have some good connections , people with potential and the passion to get a start with the Mighty Sea Eagles.

We are kidding ourseleves if we don't think that a number of players won;t follow Des and the rest of the coaching staff to the dogs.

My tip is Foran and DCE will go and we will have Hodkinson in return.

Has Donny Singe and our physio actually signed for next year or are they going as well?

Donny Singe & Andre Rickenbach (Physio) are signed.

This whole business and the way it's being portrayed by the media is disgraceful.
Des - what the hell are you doing to our club?
Manly management - come out of hiding and talk to your fans.
Daily Telegraph - didn't Manly become the hated Silvertails for buying players from other clubs. Now the Bulldogs are trying to buy a whole team and culture and the media portrays them as a power club cleaning up and moving forward. Is this objective journalism.
Fans - your team needs you more than ever right now! Stay tight.

If there is one guy in the history of our club who I would want in charge of the place right now it's Toovs. He is the sort of bloke who would just want to be even more determined to be successful with each bit of bad news because it will make success even sweeter.

I seriously doubt we'll lose players because of the coaching defections. The no1 reason we will lose a player is because of contract reasons, ie dollars, length, etc. Any player who says they are taking less money to go to the Dogs to be with Des then what they could have gotten at the Sea Eagles would be full of it.

I hardly ever post here but thought id mention what i heard. I was talking to a bulldogs insider, (someone high up) and he mentioned to me that the bulldogs have been working hard all year on getting Des and that everything is just about in place for him to come now. They would love nothing more than for Manly to sack him and thought it would have happened by now. He also said they really want Foran and they are gonna go after him in a big way!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
People are upset about Egan going? Geez.

Tooves will be upset about it

Toovs doesn't get upset. He gets even.

Geez, Toovs mightn't have even wanted him to be his assistant.

We wont know cause the only one telling us anything is the telecrap

Yeah and they're so believable with everything that they write aren't they?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2