News: Don't go, teammates' last-gasp Matai plea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>HIS teammates are rallying around him in one final attempt to convince off-contract centre Steve Matai to remain at the club.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4939-dont-go-teammates-last-gasp-matai-plea.html">Read the full article</a>

If I see another calls to start a rally to save a player, I may well close this place down

Take the money Steve and go. You are only hurting yourself by staying with a club that will dump you when it suits them at the end of the day.

Its no different to any other business, its life.

Look after yourself.

Maybe they should do their "pleading" by putting their bodies on the line half as much he does.

DSM5 link said:
Are they the words to 'The times they are a Changin' Bob?

Its my version of "Blowin In The Wind" or even better "Dont Think Twice, Its Alright".

Maybe they should be singing Big Jo Williams'  "Baby Please Dont Go"

Different scenario BE

Hodko has only been around the club a couple of years

Matai has been here for a long time now, and he would have forged some strong friendships with the blokes he came through with and won a comp with, there words could be pretty powerful if our offer isn't far off the Warriors one

Hmmm…Interesting, the article quotes this

“It’s (Sea Eagles) the only club I have known in the NRL and the last thing I want to do is leave.”
“Matai is genuinely torn as he mulls over the decision, knowing the club has played a significant role in shaping his career.”

Whereas the article here
http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=183987.25

says this….
“A frustrated Matai last week gave Manly an ultimatum: give me an offer by Monday or I'm off. The Sea Eagles took the hint and tabled a three-year deal before the deadline expired yesterday but there remains a sense of unease on Matai's side about Manly's priorities.”

''I think he's probably been in their top two or three players this year,'' Orr said. ''The frustration is more from Steve's side of things. I think Steve is very unhappy they haven't made him a priority and recognised what he gives the team each and every week.''

Whatever happens - this is a case in point why I never believe how the press report things like this and why I can understand the club not going public or letting anything out of the door until it is cast iron guaranteed signed, sealed, bagged and safely home.

As I said earlier in the day, the choice between the club he loves who gave him a premership ring and money (actually I think I said family).....I don't envy him. but money isn't everything

The big difference Vid, is that the quotes in article 2 come from the man in this to make a buck, the manager. The quotes in article 1 come from the man himself

Mark from Brisbane link said:
As I said earlier in the day, the choice between the club he loves who gave him a premership ring and money (actually I think I said family).....I don't envy him. but money isn't everything

Sums it up Mark. Really tough decision for him. I am a huge fan of Matai so i hope he decides to stay.

Money isn't everything, memories are...take it from me (being older and having lost parents and parents in law).

You'll remember things for the rest of your life...a few extra grand in the bank account whilst providing a nice life style means jack ****e

Mark from Brisbane link said:

Agreed. A major problem here though is his body is shot from giving everything every week. I personally think, as much as it'll hurt, if the money's right he should go. He's earned it, and he'll need it when he's struggling to walk in 10 years.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8