News: Will Hopoate joins Manly injured list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
The team will be:-

01. Michael Robertson
02. Steve Matai
03. Chris Bailey
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
14. Glenn Stewart

15. Terrence Seu Seu
16. George Rose
17. Matt Cross
18. Joe Galuvao

Matai on the wing, you are kidding aren't you?

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184612.msg283914#msg283914 date=1281581526]
The team will be:-

01. Michael Robertson
02. Steve Matai
03. Chris Bailey
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tony Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
14. Glenn Stewart

15. Terrence Seu Seu
16. George Rose
17. Matt Cross
18. Joe Galuvao

Matai on the wing, you are kidding aren't you?
[/quote]

He's been on the wing before....a few times. Went ok at against Canberra in Canberra, and tried to belt Ben Cross as well.

RYAN  i dont like that team 1. you have matai out of position & 2. you named bailey in the backline ..no one should play out of position to make way for bailey.. get an u/20`s player to play winger, he`ll actually add speed to our backline..

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We have another young fullback, I saw him play toyota Cup against the tigers at Bluetonge, forget his name, he looks like Hoppa and apparently also good mates with Hoppa, Sione Ala I think? Not sure if Des would take a punt on him. He went well that day. Inexperienced though.

Mate i think hes injured too.. he was the full back every time Hoppa was out this year.. but he was out a few weeks back when Hoppa was out and we had Oldfield at fullback in the under 20's

bring back cuthbo and throw him on the wing hey Ryan?

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=184612.msg283902#msg283902 date=1281578116]
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=184612.msg283896#msg283896 date=1281576817]
Dennis Sandow is not cantracted to Manly - we have our squad of 25 - which 17 of them are picked for NRL and we send the the remaining to Sunshine Coast. 

Yes, but all clubs end up using more than 30 players a season. Where do they get the non-contracted players from?
[/quote]

Second tier salary cap, about 400K i think. Which is mostly toyota cup
[/quote]

We only supply players to Sunshine Coast - they are not our reserve Grade.

Rusty link said:
What about Seu Seu with Ballin to fullback?

**** it, give me a jersey I am going to have a run

Leave Robbo where he is and simply put Bailey to Fullback. I hate it when we weaken 2 positions to cover one, it never works.

I'm not a fan of Bailey, but he is a fair defender and I think he is probably as good as Robbo under the high ball.

We could then bring DCE or Seu Seu on to the bench as the utility.

Yeah, its getting about that desperate Dan... the problem is if we use someone outside of the 25 then we have to pay match payments, which pushes us closer to the cap... Furthermore they must be registered with the NRL, and I don't know if it is too late to do that.

I am guessing Seu Seu will come into the squad and Robbo will go to the fullback spot with Seu Seu on the wing. It could be worse.

That said at the game against the storm I was standing near D.Williams, and he was running around and looked pretty fit, perhaps he could be rushed back.

Rusty link said:
Yeah, its getting about that desperate Dan... the problem is if we use someone outside of the 25 then we have to pay match payments, which pushes us closer to the cap... Furthermore they must be registered with the NRL, and I don't know if it is too late to do that.

I am guessing Seu Seu will come into the squad and Robbo will go to the fullback spot with Seu Seu on the wing. It could be worse.

That said at the game against the storm I was standing near D.Williams, and he was running around and looked pretty fit, perhaps he could be rushed back.

That isn't how the cap works.

You pay cap on your top 25 priced players, I doubt an extra $1500 of match payments would push any player above any other in the top 25

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=184612.msg283964#msg283964 date=1281590499]

You pay cap on your top 25 priced players, I doubt an extra $1500 of match payments would push any player above any other in the top 25

[/quote]

No, the salary cap is for your top 25 plus match payments for anyone else who plays for you during the season, and there is a minimum match payment. This is why a lot of clubs have gone over in the past, due to injuries they have been caught short.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184612.msg283965#msg283965 date=1281590605]
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=184612.msg283964#msg283964 date=1281590499]

[/quote]

No, the salary cap is for your top 25 plus match payments for anyone else who plays for you during the season, and there is a minimum match payment. This is why a lot of clubs have gone over in the past, due to injuries they have been caught short.
[/quote]

There are also allowances for this though.

The NRL won't fine you if you have **** all choice. The match payments figure only counts for those in your top 25.

What we will end up getting into here is the same thing mentioned in the Inglis article. a "Pub-player"

Ummmm seriously misconcieving the cap much?
We have 2 internationals injured by the end of round 1
With the current cap there is a concession for this

Shane link said:
Ummmm seriously misconcieving the cap much?
We have 2 internationals injured by the end of round 1
With the current cap there is a concession for this

precisely

Dan link said:
Is this the same hamstring that he went out with earlier in the year. He has had a bad run on injuries lately the poor kid

Yes his game last week was his first game back with the hamstring after approx 3 weeks out. He has had more than his share in 2009 & 2010.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8