Next man up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

hozza

Bencher
Just a question to all the punters on here. If your the coach of this glorious club who is the next youngster to cement a place in first grade?

For me, it’s Gordon. He’s an out and out hooker and just looks the goods to me. Crisp passing, knows which way to direct the attack and listen to calls. I’d have him in the 17, starting hooker by round 20. Fifita not far behind..

Potential forward pack this year.

8. Aloiai
9. GKT
10. Jake T
11. Olakau'atu
12. Fainu
13. Fifita

14 Croker/ Lawton
15. Tuilagi
16. Keppie
17. Paseka
Agreed Mick. That's a premiership winning pack and bench right there.

I would twig it slightly.
8. Aloiai
9. Crokes
10. Jake
11. Ola
12. Tuilagi
13. Paseka

14. GKT
15. Keppie
16. Samuela
17. Fifita

I think Paseka would be an interesting revelation at 13....ala Nelson Asofa Solomona.

Sips, Ben T, Bullymore, Condon played really well on Friday and will no doubt get their chance through the season but will need to bide their time in reserves.

Don't get me wrong I like what we saw from GKT but I still would like to see a few more games against men (not boys) from him before we sign off on his position in the 1st team...

I think fifita would be great in short and sharp minutes from the bench but again that was based off 1 game... interested to see how he goes in roosters trial to see if he can back it up

GKT went very well against a reserve grade side, willing to be in everything, but was dragged along in defence at times. Won't get away with that as a hooker in 1st grade

All the players mentioned are forwards and one will probably be next but geez I thought Myers looked very good with is limited opportunities. I still expect Parker to be in the centres with Koula to start the season but if Myers does well at Blacktown, a call up this year could be on the cards.

Fifita: hits the line hard and is a threat for the defending team, good work rate in defence though he missed a couple of tackles. Has a good offload.

Fainu: for me he was the very goo for his age, worked hard in defence and with the ball, he could be the next one in.

Gordy: worked tirelessly all night, missed a few tackles but never stopped trying, won’t be long for him to get his shot in the top grade.

Myers looked classy, barring injuries he could’ve a next season potential.

All looked good but for me Tuitavake is the one if he can string a couple of games together, fingers crossed for him this season, my view is he could be on the bench when fit..

Selection of the second trial team will possibly indicate what the coaches are thinking for Round One selection. I watched the full replay of the game for the first time today and this is my take of the players that are in contention for Rd One

I think Vaega outpointed Tuipulotu in the first half - a couple of good tries (missed bomb also), whilst Tuipulotu's runs were mostly ineffective. Tuipulotu was strong in attack & defence in the second half & I expect he will be preferred for Rd One on the basis of experience. However, Vaega is a great finisher - with his strength, he is very difficult to stop from ten metres out & will score many tries that no one else in the club can.

Johns had a very sound game & could be selected on the bench sooner rather than later.

Fulton played with gusto & will be selected regularly this year, even if not for Rd One.

Bullemor ran very strongly, and could be selected for Rd One, especially if Jake is selected at prop.

Fainu is the probably the best athlete we've had in the forwards in over a decade. Looks to have the potential to play rep footy. I don't expect he will be in the 17 early season, but is likely to get a run at some stage.

Fifita was very impressive and on that performance probably deserves to be selected on the bench for Rd One.

Burbo was solid and is a chance for Rd One selection

I think Condon will have to bide his time in reserves till an opportunity arises for the 17 (injuries?).

Gordon played very well, but may need to have a stand out performance in Trial Two to be selected on the bench for Rd One. It depends a lot on the selectors' requirements for No. 14 - dummy half or utility. Will Weekes be selected on the wing or bench?

Sipley - depends on the make up of the side & performances next week whether he is the 17 for Rd One.

Selection of the second trial team will possibly indicate what the coaches are thinking for Round One selection. I watched the full replay of the game for the first time today and this is my take of the players that are in contention for Rd One

I think Vaega outpointed Tuipulotu in the first half - a couple of good tries (missed bomb also), whilst Tuipulotu's runs were mostly ineffective. Tuipulotu was strong in attack & defence in the second half & I expect he will be preferred for Rd One on the basis of experience. However, Vaega is a great finisher - with his strength, he is very difficult to stop from ten metres out & will score many tries that no one else in the club can.

Johns had a very sound game & could be selected on the bench sooner rather than later.

Fulton played with gusto & will be selected regularly this year, even if not for Rd One.

Bullemor ran very strongly, and could be selected for Rd One, especially if Jake is selected at prop.

Fainu is the probably the best athlete we've had in the forwards in over a decade. Looks to have the potential to play rep footy. I don't expect he will be in the 17 early season, but is likely to get a run at some stage.

Fifita was very impressive and on that performance probably deserves to be selected on the bench for Rd One.

Burbo was solid and is a chance for Rd One selection

I think Condon will have to bide his time in reserves till an opportunity arises for the 17 (injuries?).

Gordon played very well, but may need to have a stand out performance in Trial Two to be selected on the bench for Rd One. It depends a lot on the selectors' requirements for No. 14 - dummy half or utility. Will Weekes be selected on the wing or bench?

Sipley - depends on the make up of the side & performances next week whether he is the 17 for Rd One.
My Trial team for the Roosters

1.Weekes
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Veaga
6.Schuster
7.Johns
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bullemor

14.Chan Kum Tong
15.Keppie
16.Sipley
17.B Trbojevic
18.Harper
19.Tuipulotu
20.S Fainu
21.V Fifita
22.Condon

Is it a 22 man trial squad for the second game with unlimited interchange?

Lots of mouths to feed with Fulton and Roache probably to next two up (if Roache is available)

My Trial team for the Roosters

1.Weekes
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Veaga
6.Schuster
7.Johns
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Bullemor

14.Chan Kum Tong
15.Keppie
16.Sipley
17.B Trbojevic
18.Harper
19.Tuipulotu
20.S Fainu
21.V Fifita
22.Condon

Is it a 22 man trial squad for the second game with unlimited interchange?

Lots of mouths to feed with Fulton and Roache probably to next two up (if Roache is available)
Max 26 this week. Not sure if Manly will name that many. Didn't use the max on Friday night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4