Next TV deal.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets also look at the math properly.

Smith is valuing the NRL at 2B over 5 years. The AFL just signed a 6 year 2.5B deal.

NRL = 400M per year
AFL = $417M per year

If smith gets 2B then they are basically on par. The only thing is I cant see Fox shelling out $900m for 4 games.

AFL also has 9 games compared to NRL 8

Super Saturday would be a big draw for Foxtel and they could shaft the Sunday game they show and push for Monday nights to continue.

But as they don't get SOO or finals hard to see them paying the same as 9.

Chanel 9 have also won the digital rights in the new deal...Netflix wont get it, channel 9's version will (whatever that is). Telstra have also been shafted.

Chanel 9 have also won the digital rights in the new deal...Netflix wont get it, channel 9's version will (whatever that is). Telstra have also been shafted.

Yeah I imagine 9 will use Stan is some capactiy, perhaps for replays.

I read today that the NRL didn't want Telstra doing the digital rights for the NRL as apparently NRL HQ have received too many complaints and headaches over Telstra's delivery of digital content.

Yes so now the NRL will need a new sponsor also, I guess....Smart people at NRL HQ

Im not buying into the 'Dave Smith has screwed this deal up concept' until the final deal is announced.

Yeah, i think he is dreaming at $2B but we dont know what is going on the background, so I guess we will wait and see.

He owns every major tabloid in every major city f Australian. He has interests in radio and tv that is huge. Don't forget this empire was the one who nearly destroyed our club because we didn't toe their line during super league. Back then their greed nearly killed our game.

Murdoch's actions in the mid-90s and your claims of media giantism are two different issues. I'll never forget what happened 20 years ago and the manner in which it was done.

But on the subject of ownership, who reads and is influenced by papers these days? The DT, HS and CM are rightly derided for their OTT efforts, so it's hardly like they're influencial. (And he doesn't own a major paper in Perth, just the Sunday edition). Are Fairfax also held in the same light given they have major mastheads in our two biggest capital cities, as well as reach through on radio? Murdoch has no outlet through radio or tv as media ownership rules prevent him doing so.

I'm all for sticking a boot into the old so-and-so, but lets not head down the path of hyperbole that his tabloids deal in.

Reactions: Rex
Even if the digital rights weren't tied up with nine. Who honestly thinks Netflix Google or whoever is going to pay good money for the NRL.

Murdoch's actions in the mid-90s and your claims of media giantism are two different issues. I'll never forget what happened 20 years ago and the manner in which it was done.

But on the subject of ownership, who reads and is influenced by papers these days? The DT, HS and CM are rightly derided for their OTT efforts, so it's hardly like they're influencial. (And he doesn't own a major paper in Perth, just the Sunday edition). Are Fairfax also held in the same light given they have major mastheads in our two biggest capital cities, as well as reach through on radio? Murdoch has no outlet through radio or tv as media ownership rules prevent him doing so.

I'm all for sticking a boot into the old so-and-so, but lets not head down the path of hyperbole that his tabloids deal in.
The papers you mention are the biggest circulation in each city and are a massive influence. Also the Australian. Foxtel as well.

That organization shredded snake for their own purposes..destroyed the boy in the process. They are a.morally bankrupt organization. Just remember what the News of the world tabloid in the UK did. Evil empire

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Yeah I imagine 9 will use Stan is some capactiy, perhaps for replays.

I read today that the NRL didn't want Telstra doing the digital rights for the NRL as apparently NRL HQ have received too many complaints and headaches over Telstra's delivery of digital content.

Netflix released an ISP speed rankings for its service. Telstra was last!

I wonder will Nein let Foxtel show all games live, that would indeed be perfect ( for those with Foxtel), as they already cover off Digital with Foxtel GO!!

I wonder will Nein let Foxtel show all games live, that would indeed be perfect ( for those with Foxtel), as they already cover off Digital with Foxtel GO!!
there are still some shows / events that are blacked out on Foxtel Go when they go to air due to licensing, so Foxtel would need to pay additional to service that customer base. Don't just assume if foxtel can simulcast on channel, it will also be on their digital.

The papers you mention are the biggest circulation in each city and are a massive influence. Also the Australian. Foxtel as well.

That organization shredded snake for their own purposes..destroyed the boy in the process. They are a.morally bankrupt organization. Just remember what the News of the world tabloid in the UK did. Evil empire

A massive influence!!! Hardly. They sell more than Fairfax because they generally reflect the attitudes of their readers, but I wouldn't expect they could turn to many minds these days. I actually like (and subscribe) to the Australian as I find it the most balanced paper in Australia, between the dog-whistling DT and hypocritically progressive SMHs.

Foxtel influence is limited by subscription and I'd suggest strongly that the ABC has far more influence via it's enormous news/current affairs reach these days.

And don't forget that our friends in Fairfax like Fitzsimons and Magney had a field day against Snake too, so it wasn't just a product of our putrid friends in News.

As for the News Of The World, I think you didn't actually read on the developments of that story and how prevalent certain practices were across many media outlets, including those outside of News' stable.

If you focus on one part of the media as corrupt, you're gonna get pantsed by another that will tell (sell) you just as many lies.

A massive influence!!! Hardly. They sell more than Fairfax because they generally reflect the attitudes of their readers, but I wouldn't expect they could turn to many minds these days. I actually like (and subscribe) to the Australian as I find it the most balanced paper in Australia, between the dog-whistling DT and hypocritically progressive SMHs.

Foxtel influence is limited by subscription and I'd suggest strongly that the ABC has far more influence via it's enormous news/current affairs reach these days.

And don't forget that our friends in Fairfax like Fitzsimons and Magney had a field day against Snake too, so it wasn't just a product of our putrid friends in News.

As for the News Of The World, I think you didn't actually read on the developments of that story and how prevalent certain practices were across many media outlets, including those outside of News' stable.

If you focus on one part of the media as corrupt, you're gonna get pantsed by another that will tell (sell) you just as many lies.
I never thought I would see a news limited apologist on this forum lol! Are you Rupert? Or are you Rothtool in disguise?

I expected a better response from you, '78...
We can agree to disagree on Murdoch and News limited. Whether I like it or not our game needs news limited and Murdoch to survive.

You can argue all you want about their influence and it is substantial in this country, that is the truth.

As a Manly fan I find it hard to have kind thoughts for an organisation that through its tabloid trash spends its existence slagging and smearing our club because it sells papers. Every time we beat a News limited club that has current or past money makes that we a bit more special when you understand we came to perishing as a club because of super greed that facilitated by News limited.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6