next years team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01.Brett Stewart/William Hopoate
02.Michael Robertson/Michael Oldfield
03.Dean Whare
04.Steve Matai
05.David Williams
06.Jamie Lyon
07.Kieran Foran
08.Jason King
09.Matt Ballin
10.Brent Kite
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Shane Rodney
13.Glenn Stewart

14.Tony Williams
15.George Rose
16.Joe Gulavou
17.Jamie Buhrer

18.Matt Cross
- Darcy Lussick
- DCE
You cant tell me that this team couldnt win a GF

I wouldn't mind seeing a team list look like this to start the year -
01.William Hopoate
02.Michael Robertson
03.Dean Whare
04.Jamie Lyon
05.David Williams
06.Brett Stewart
07.Keiran Foran
08.Jason King
09.Matt Ballin
10.Brent Kite
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Shane Rodney
13.Glenn Stewart

14.Tony Williams
15.George Rose
16.Joe Gulavou / Steve Matai (when he comes back from suspension)
17.Jamie Buhrer

move the worlds best fullback to 5/8th? havent you watched origin and seen what happens when you pik players continually out of position. althought i'd just love snake anywhere in the team :(

Jay, just trying to fit him, Hoppa and Whare into the same backline  :) and also keeping the games best centre in Lyon @ centre!

i was just on youtube watching snake go wild with tries, those were the days, his speed was lightning, he just blew straight past fullbacks, god id love to see it all over again. im for snake at the back and lyon to five eighth but we will just have to see !!

whie robbo has been great for our club, i just dont think he is ever gonna be more than solid ever again. id prefer hopoate/whare/oldfield/wolfman to take the two wing spots.

if brett if fully fit and free, he has to play fullback. and lyon at 5/8 is a big move, we pretty much lose his running game and i havnt seen enough of whare to justify that move just yet.

unfortunatley we have to much depth in some positions and not nearly enough in others.

DCE has to start the season at half and foran at 5/8.

XX Deleted link said:
I know I'm going to cop serious criticism for this team but I really don't care!

snake
Robbo
Lyon
matai
Wolfman
Bailey
DCE
Kingy
Ballin
Kitey
Choc
Rodney
Gift

the great one(beaver)
T-rex
George
seu seu

cross
N I joe
Foran
Buhrer
thats not a bad team if you put foran in bailey`s spot :D

1. Stewart
2. D Williams
3. Whare
4. Matai
5. Robertson
6. Lyon
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. G Stewart
13. Foran

Reserves:

14. T Williams
15. Rodney
16. Rose
17. Harrison/Cross/Palau/Gulavao

Explanation:

More speed in the backline with Whare
Lyon adds experience to the halves (dont want a repeat of this year when the young ones were lost.. plus Jamie plays awesome everywhere)
Foran to 13.. he will add more creativity along with Choc and Stewart around the fringes.
T Rex to come on at some point for some spark.

Kaza!!!
Shane Rodney was our best forward this year by a country mile and you want to put him on the bench for a small 5/8 who would get hammered in the forwards?????

I didn't mind Ryan's team, aside from definitely having Galuvao on the bench

I don't give a stuff about his age, I want to see him getting more game time than he got this year. Every time he took to the field, he ran hard and straight and made his tackles, he was looking very good yesterday before injury got him

Oldfield's a must imo for a wing spot over Robbo.

Ballin better lift his game, Higgins is an outstanding prospect. Could see him pushing very hard for a bench spot next year. Unless he's signed up with the Roosters already.

01.Hopoate
02.Oldfield
03.Whare
04.Lyon
05.Williams
06.Foran
07.Cherry-Evans
08.King
09.Higgens
10.Kite
11.Williams
12.Watnough
13.Stewart

14.Cunningham
15.Lussick
16.Stewart
17.Jamie Buhrer

XX Deleted link said:
I know I'm going to cop serious criticism for this team but I really don't care!

Foran offers nothing in attack

You can't be serious. This kid is a gun. He is going to be NRL star.

Exactly.  Imagine how good Foran would have been this year playing outside a half back that didn't have less NRL experience that he has. 

so goiong on that rationale, foran wont fulfill his potential next year either?

i think her looks the goods, made plenty of half breaks, solid defender, inconsistent but occasionally brilliant kicking game.. he looked  a bit exhausted by the end of the year, and will be even better next year with another off season to work on combinations etc. snake.s support play and chasing might just make him look like a genius.

I love how everyone wants to pick untested young ones but when we have a few like T-Rex, Foran etc there are huge criticisms about their inconsistency. You don't get experience in the big time without playing and learning from mistakes etc

I'd like to see Lyon and Foran swapping, even if its just for half the game.

I think Forans game is perfect for centre, strong, quick, brutal defender and has a good step. Getting him one on one opportunities with big Trex outside him will yield points, guaranteed. I think his game would flourish with less pressure too.

This also means Lyon gets his hands on the ball more. He's by far the best player we have, a natural footballer. His leadership is vital and I think hes matured enough to handle the added responsibility, his game would go to another level.

Then theres the added bonus of DCE having less on his shoulders

EDIT: Trex/Wolfman, I dont really care who. Still havent given up on Trex one day finding a way to unleash the beast

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6