next years team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My squad of 25
1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.D.Williams
6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Rodney
13.Stewart

14.Seu Seu
15.T.Williams
16.Gulavao
17.Rose

Reserves
18.Bailey- Utility cover
19.Hopoate- Outside backs
20.Cross - Front row
21.Whare - Matai's cover for his suspensions/injurys
22.Buhrer - back row

Reserve Reserve's
23,Oldfield
24.Lussick
25.Mauro

With injury's/ suspensions i would expect everyone above to play in 2011

Back Up
26.Palau
27.Harrison
28.Higgins
29.Riccardi
30.Cunningham

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Dean Whare
Steve Matai
David Williams
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry Evans
Jason King
Matt Ballin
Matt Cross
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Kieran Foran

Brent Kite
Joe Galavou
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose

jay JAY link said:
move the worlds best fullback to 5/8th? havent you watched origin and seen what happens when you pik players continually out of position. althought i'd just love snake anywhere in the team :(

Darren Lockyer was a pretty handy Fullback at the beginning of his career and look how that experiment turned out. I believe Snake would make an excellent 5/8th.

With out going through and reposting a team that pretty much everyone has I'll just make a suggestion Steve Matai into the forwards and have him come on for Anthony Watmough. Dean Whare into the centre's

My team would be:

1. Hoppa (Safe under high ball, young, speed)
2. Robbo/Oldfield (Experience/speed)
3. Jamie (The best centre in the world)
4. Foran (he really is a centre)
5. Wolf (Speed & Impact....if uninjured)
6. Snake (Ala Darren Lockyer conversion)
7. DCE (Hope he lives up to the hype)
8. Kitey (Needs to lift)
9. Ballin (Solid)
10. Kingy (Solid)
11. Choc (we all know what he needs to do)
12. Rodney (Solid)
13. Glenn (Needs to lift)
14. Georgie (Keep him away from Maccas)
15. Matai (The Utility & Impact player)
16. Cross (Needs to bulk up in the off season)
17. Joe G (Solid)

But I know it won't ever happen.

at least we will get  a good look at whare in the first few rounds while stevie is doing his time.

what are we gonna do with hoppa.. other clubs will be all over him if he isnt getting a run.

i acyually dont mind matai been used off the bench, if he could develop a good passing game, he could even be a possible impact of the bench to give ballin a rest, weve seen him run out of there, and seen him tackle, he doesnt need to kick coz of all our other kicking options.. hmm , maybe one of my worst ideas ever? i dont think steve would like warming the bench either. plus he is a pretty dynamic centre these days

we have an embarrassment of great ranging to promising fullbacks/threequarters, be nice if we could fit them all in.

Lyon_Roars link said:
My squad of 25
1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.D.Williams
6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Rodney
13.Stewart

14.Seu Seu
15.T.Williams
16.Gulavao
17.Rose

Reserves
18.Bailey- Utility cover
20.Cross - Front row
22.Buhrer - back row

Reserve Reserve's
23,Oldfield
24.Lussick
25.Mauro

Back Up
26.Palau
27.Harrison
28.Higgins
29.Riccardi
30.Cunningham

I think that's pretty much going to be the way Des will pick the team. Spot on.

Given that the health of Snakes knee is still questionable, a move to 5/8 might be worth it. I'm a big believer in not hiding players to protect weakness but it worked for Shaun Timmins. Never seen anyone with worse knees then him.

we have a great list of players. but we need to remember to play them in their positions, not saying that snake couldn't play 5/8, but then again i havent seen him play before. We can't be forcing players into the run on team though cause they are great players in their positions, but them playing them in out of that position.. I think it is definitely something to look at though, and yeah Foran was originally a centre, so I guess if they needed him there, they could put him there.. but it would be good to get a good first grade combination between him and DCE

Lyon_Roars link said:
My squad of 25
1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.D.Williams
6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Rodney
13.Stewart

14.Seu Seu
15.T.Williams
16.Gulavao
17.Rose

Reserves
18.Bailey- Utility cover
20.Cross - Front row
22.Buhrer - back row

Reserve Reserve's
23,Oldfield
24.Lussick
25.Mauro

Back Up
26.Palau
27.Harrison
28.Higgins
29.Riccardi
30.Cunningham

Best team I've seen yet- just not sold on Seu Seu.

a lot of people refer to lockyer making a success of five eight from fullback in relation to picking BS there.one huge difference-lockyer has always been a great kicker of the football,probably the best of his era.played for the state in AFL as a kid.played a lot in the halves as a junior too.bit of trivai -represented queensland with elton flately in the halves as a 12 year old.

i can't believe brett could suddenly become a great kicker of the ball as all the great 5/8s are.He is one of the best hole runners I have ever seen and that is his strength together with his speed.if he loses his speed from these injuries I think you will see a Minichello like outcome as I don't believe he is a playmaker or a good enough kicker of the football to play in the halves.

1.Hoppa
2.Oldfield
3.Lyon
4.Foran
5.williams
6.Stewart
7.DCE
8.King
9.Balin
10.Kite
11.Watmough
12.Stewart
13.Matai

14.Rose
15.Williams
16.Rodney
17.Lussick or Seu Seu

Brett Kenny did not kick he was pretty handy at 5/8

susan link said:
a lot of people refer to lockyer making a success of five eight from fullback in relation to picking BS there.one huge difference-lockyer has always been a great kicker of the football,probably the best of his era.played for the state in AFL as a kid.played a lot in the halves as a junior too.bit of trivai -represented queensland with elton flately in the halves as a 12 year old.

i can't believe brett could suddenly become a great kicker of the ball as all the great 5/8s are.He is one of the best hole runners I have ever seen and that is his strength together with his speed.if he loses his speed from these injuries I think you will see a Minichello like outcome as I don't believe he is a playmaker or a good enough kicker of the football to play in the halves.

I agree that he has to be left at fullback, that is where he is at his most valuable

But I do think that you are possibly underselling the subtlety of his passing game and awareness of what is on that developed rapidly in 2007 and 2008. 1 game sticks out in particular, when Lyon returned to Parra for the 1st time in 2007, and Brett threw 2 beautiful balls to put him over the line

His ball to Robbo for the 2nd try in the GF. Bullet like cut-out pass, excuse the awesome pun.

I'm not advocating for him to be in the halves, but he's a pretty handy ball player.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4