• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the Chargers running game LT has come back very well after a couple of so-so seasons and Sproles is still a handful. Gates is my pick of the receivers. Still, Rivers is a mid comp QB and teams that go long seem to rip us apart. I think SD would need at least 14 start against someone like Favre. Vikings against the Seahawks this weekend should be a terrific game, and speaking of RBs Peterson seems to be doing alright!!

Well Favre chopped the Seahawks up!  Their season is over you would think.

I see the Chargers are off to a good start against the Broncos. 

Steelers lose in OT and lose their QB as well.  Onl concussion though I think.

Pick of the round looks like the NE Patriots up against NO Saints, the passing game vs the running game. The only showing I can see is on ESPN at 12.30pm Tuesday.

Vikes have the Bears, big time grudge match in the NFC North.  I'm hoping the Saints take a few loses to give the Vikings home ground advantage should they get as far as the NFC championship game.

My team had a bif win over the Bears (I love saying that, brings back such great NRL memories) to go 10-1.  Chargers roll up with a flogging.  Steelers continue their spluttering season with an OT loss.  As much as it galls to say it, go the Patriots vs Saints right now.

Huge game by the Saints. The running and passing game was reversed from the season trend and Brees was truely outstanding throwing for 5 TDs. Brady was a fat zero and the Saints held the Pats running game easily. Saints have a pretty good run from now and the Vikings have a real contest on their hands.

Hard to see where a loss for the Saints will come from.  Luckily there are worse home grounds to visit in January in the NFC.

My pick for game of the weekend has to be the Vikings and Cardinals clash. I have liked watching the Cardinals the last few seasons and this should be a beauty. Good luck Mata, I am not so sure that this game will be that easy.

Is that the game Fox will be running?  I hope so.

I have noticed over the last 3 weeks that Favre has posted big passing numbers and Peterson has been very quiet in yardage.  I expect they've rested him up and he will see a lot of ball this weekend, especially if the Cards pull out a pass rush defence to combat Favre's recent predilection for passing over the run.

Expect both running backs to bash it up the middle early to make the Cards defence second guess and then Favre will start to look for his receivers.

Matabele link said:
Is that the game Fox will be running?  I hope so.
ESPN has this game live at 12.00pm on Monday. Fox Sports is doing  Atlanta v Philadelphia and Giants v Dallas.

ESPN also has the following in Dec:
Dec 21    12:00pm    Carolina Panthers vs. Minnesota Vikings
Dec 29    12:30pm    Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Viking

Gotta love that coverage on ESPN.  The Vikes have the Giants in Week 17 which may get coverage too. 

Don't actively follow the game but don't mind watching the odd game. How are the Cowboys travelling ? I saw highlights of one of their early games when some rookie WR set a record for yards and he looked like a pretty bloody good athlete. Got a couple of TD's. Can't remember his name. Was he a one hit wonder or is he still going ok ?

Cowboys are 8-3 and leading their division and perhaps playoff bound.  Tough division though, they have the Eagles and Gianst breathing down their neck.

The WR is a guy called Anthony Mundine.  Brilliant athlete who put a few convicts in their place in Australia I'm told.  Kevin Ogletree is the only rookie WR on their roster and he's only had 4 receptions all season for 59 yards and one touchdown.

I have no doubt in my mind that Mundane already thinks he is the best WR never to have played the game.

Maybe the guy I saw wasn't a rookie, but he was only young and couldn't have played too many games from what the commentators were saying. No biggie, just remember thinking at the time that he had really good balance and pace.

- Steelers pipped 27 - 24 in the last minute after Raiders held the ball almost the whole of Q4.
- Miami FG sees them lead Pats 22 - 21. Brady throws an interception with 35 secs left. It's all over.
- Redskins 30 - Saints 23, 2 min to go. 1.19 on the clock and 53 yd TD from Brees for Saints and kick is good. It is all tied up. Washington have one last chance. 29 secs and Reds throw an interception! It is going into OT.

*** update Saints FG is good. NO wins 33 - 30. Sorry Mata.

With the Dolphins as my 2nd team I'm happy with their win over the Patriots.  That'll keep the AFC East very tight and interesting. 

For the Redskins to push the Saints so hard means either the Saints were flat or coaches are finding their chinks.  I hope the latter.

Steelers are doing a Manly. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8