• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice way to spend a Monday - watching the big game. It was all the maroon and whites and the Cardinals held the Vikes easily - and in all departments winning 30 - 17. Peterson held to 19 yds off 13 runs - unbelievable. In fact the Vikes running game just didn't exist. In the air it was Warner, a surprise return, who made the plays that counted. The final score flattered the purple Nords. There is always next week and that will be up against the Bengals who are 9-3 and coming second in the AFC. Something to definitely look forward to.

I thought the Vikes would start with the run and try to assert themselves on the ground but they never got going.  Peterson has been quiet for quite a while now so he really needs to step up next week.

San Diego roll on against the Browns, doing what they needed to do. 

Chargers have a bad habit of letting in early points, then dominate racking up a big score, then drop their bundle at the back end of the game leaking points. That is going to really hurt them soon.

I can't believe that Press conference. Sure the Vikes were outplayed but they did have key injuries on both offense and defense scrimmage lines and that can make a huge difference to a game. As a result in attack Favre didn't have as much time and threw a lot of interception chances and just a few better long ones to the WRs and and they were in that. They are too good not to be a force in late January.

The Saints would have had the same Press conference if the Redskins hadn't dropped their bundle at the end.

Essentially the Vikes offensive line was shredded before the game and it got worse during the game.  I suppose it's a bit tough to finger Peterson for the lack of run when his OTs just aren't creating the holes.  It seems the Cards read the play action well too.  Every time Favre faked to AP, AP went through a yawning hole.

Chargers have a very tough run home so you're probably right about the need for them to stop giving up soft points.  The Broncos have two games that could be described as gimmes but I can't see them beating the Colts or Eagles on the road.

Would have been a cracker of a game as the Bengals are playing attractive football and hopefully the Vikes are hungry on the rebound.

Oh dear - the wheels have completely fallen off the reigning champ's season. Steelers down to the Cleveland Browns 6 - 13. The only other game the Browns have won all season was against Buffalo 6 - 3.

ManlyBacker link said:
Oh dear - the wheels have completely fallen off the reigning champ's season. Steelers down to the Cleveland Browns 6 - 13. The only other game the Browns have won all season was against Buffalo 6 - 3.
  Yep, Steelers doing a Manly.  I follow some of the Vikings players on Twitter and they were all chortling about a late play in the game where the Steelers really muffed it. 

Vikes cruise to a 30-10 win and AP gets his mojo back.  The win clinches the NFC North for the second year in a row for the Vikes, even though Green Bay win too.  They look good for a wild card spot.

Steelers can still clinch their division with the Bengals stumbling.  San Diego leading Dallas at the moment.  Saints squeak home and Colts roll on to 13-0.

Phew - San Diego just hang on 20-17 against the Cowboys for 8 on the trot. Denver got beat so it is looking good at 10-3 for AFC West. With the Bengals also losing it is only the Colts with the perfect record in front for AFC and should have us at the minimum with a wildcard entry. That is some turnaround from 6 weeks ago.

Steelers look gorn though they can still clinch a wildcard - won't beat the Bengals as their divisional record is much poorer. Colts and Saints Superbowl is firming though Cardinals and Vikes might have something to say and I will never discount the Patriots.

There would be a question mark over the Saints in a big game situation.  Few of them have a lot of play off experience.  I'll be quietly confident if the NFC Championship is Vikes at New Orleans.  The Shock and AWWE DL team will put a lot of heat on the Saints QB.

nfl.com are talking about the Eagles being dark horses on a late surge.  I hope they stay out of the Vikings' way.

These are the teams under $50 with Sportsbet to win Superbowl XLIV

Cardinals $21
Bengals $26
Packers $17
Colts $4
Vikings $7.50
Patriots $11
Saints $3.50
Eagles $15
Chargers $8

Some close clashes this weekend.
I'll put the game of my team San Diego up against the Bengals, needing a confidence booster after going down to the Vikes, as the pick of the round. I'll be praying that the Raiders pull off a miracle at Denver and seal it for us.
Vikes can rap up NFC Nth with a win over the Panthers.
Dallas also need something when they come up against the Saints today.
Steelers have it all on the line hosting the GB Packers which will be tough.

One of the Bengals players died after a car accident this week.  He's been on their injured list so it doesn't effect their playing roster, but what emotional impact it will have on the cats remains to be seen.

Dallas and December just don't mix.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8