• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorta like those Melbourne Storm colours :p
I actually picked them when they changed their helmet over to the midnight blue, late 70s.
I see the Vikes are coming back.... 13-23

I'm starting to regret the hope of the early part of the season.  Our offense is sputtering and at this rate it looks like we might lose our first week bye too.  The possibility of taking on the Packers i the first week of the play-offs is a nightmare scenario.

2 more things.  1.  There's no gold in Storm shirts.  2.  I supported the Vikes long before that monstrosity came along.

Karma, Mata, karma. Your first dig at the Chargers and look what happens :p Can't say us fans didn't get value for money in that game. Bears bombed the tip interception and FG to go to OT, then those 3 huge sacks to set up the win. Sorry the Vikes got struck in Chicago but that really makes the NFC interesting with wobbles all round.

It seems like it was a cliffhanger - I was just getting updates via nfl.com.  At least the Eagles have a tough road trip to a resurgent Dallas.  If the Chargers are like the Eels they're about to embark on their annual choke.  ;)  At least they're not playing Neon Deon and the 49ers I suppose.   

The Eagles will need to really step it up and a Dallas game is going to be more than tough. I think they are ordinary. There was more to like from the Vikes today than the Eagles effort against the Broncos. Vikes have the Giants who were just so bad this weekend they will start at $1.03 to win it.

I am used to the Chargers getting the wobbles so I won't be surprised to see them go straight out. I guess we all live in hope. On the AFC I think the Colts look the goods with the Pats and Bengals always dangerous. The Bengals have to win against the Jets @ NY so that will be a huge test. I would be surprised if the Steelers come through or any of the others but the possible combinations are crazy in the last week.

There are a lot of good things being said about Rivers at QB.  In some respects the Chargers remind me of Manly 2008 for the way they're flying under the radar but going about their business. 

Huge win by the Vikings. It was the sort of game you could have bet your house on but full credit for getting the job done. Big game coming up next with Eagles against Cowboys.

Pats just behind Houston with secs to go which keeps their playoff hopes alive. It is a nothing result for Pats. Bengals to face Jets later but the only interest is who will get the AFC wildcard spots. Steelers just in front of Dolphins with 2 mins left which gives them hope. Ravens to play later against the Raiders.

In the NFC the Panthers have shown their too late top form knocking off the Saints in a nothing game for NO. Packers vs Cardinals should be a good one later.

Vikings get their mojo back today and so far the Cowboys are doing the right thing, leading 17-0 at halftime.  But given their propensity for choking I'm not holding my breath.

Redskins making life difficult for the Chargers but I expect they'll fade with nothing to play for.  Green Bay very impressive against the Cardinals and they look to be rising at the right time (unfortunately) while the Saints and perhaps even the Colts have lost a bit of lustre. 

Colts game was in an absolute blizzard and you can't blame them for staying home. I am surprised by the poor form of the Cardinals but GB looking very strong. Ravens are up 14-0 and Denver has pulled level.

I am enjoying the Cowboys game as I am cheering the right result for the Vikings. Romo is throwing great passes and despite some defense weaknesses in the middle they have looked good. McNab as always seems to be off his game, finally got it together and then does a snap fumble. All the same he is looking more dangerous now.

That's very good of you to cheer for a Vikes bye MB!  I caught the back end of the Vikes game this morning before the kids took over the TV.  Vikes starters were all sat down and all smiles. 

Smiles all round at your house Mata! NFC Play-off games will be a repeat of this weekend. I guess the Cardinals had home-ground advantage rapped up anyway so I am sure they will put on an improved display next week v. GB. With the Eagles returning to Dallas they need a massive improvement. As I have said a few times they haven't impressed me and a win would really surprise.

We could almost see a repeat of games in the AFC. Jets are hot favorites and if they beat the Bengals it will be a replay but in Cincinnati. The Ravens came good and unfortunately CW it is all over for the Steelers, but they did give the end of season a good go. But it all comes down to Jets / Bengals game to decide who goes where with Houston hoping for a Jet loss to give them a berth.

Interesting NFC Wild Card round next week with the Cowboys again hosting the Eagles two weeks in a row and the Packers traveling to Arizona for a replay of their Round 17 match.  What were the chances of that at the beginning of the season?  If games go to seed it will be Saints vs Cards and Vikes vs Cowboys in the 2nd week.

Matabele link said:
I see the daughter of the Jets' owner has just been found dead. 

Hopefully that won't derail the Jets campaign. Bengals seem to recover after Henry's death but now they are a shadow of what they were. The Jets are outsiders and have an almost exclusive running game but I'm going to stick with them.

The Pats are hot faves against the Ravens but Brady is nursing sore everything and that won't be good and his favorite option of Welker is gone for the season. This is a very close contest and I have a feeling the Ravens may win it in a low scorer.

I expect the Cowboys to absolutely spank the Eagles again.

Packers / Cardinals is the tough one. The offensive line of Green Bay has been a worry but they seem to have finally got it right. I love watching the Cardinals and they have come up slight favorites with the bookies, but GB just seem to have the momentum. Toss a coin.

I'm tipping the Patriots to fall.  Ravens have momentum and the Patriots are where they are courtesy of a reasonably weak AFC East (Jets rallied late whilst Bills and Fins were ordinary). 

I'm hoping the Cards win but not holding my breath.  They did however find a new gear when January came last year so hopefully they find it for one week only. 

Jets over Bengals and Cowboys over Eagles. 

Interestingly the Saints have a few injury concerns too.  Three of the top seeded sides with the week off have all had a poor December.  The Chargers being the one with most December momentum, though a lot of their wins have been close.

Wow, probably the best game I have enjoyed. The maroon & white Cardinals beat the GB Packers in a thriller in OT 51-45. Sadly a GB win would have given me a $119 all-up divie, but I collected on a $50 one to make it one super weekend of NFL punting.

NFC and Vikings will be up against the hot Cowboys, and the Cardinals take on the Saints. AFC and Ravens take on the Colts, and Chargers get the NY Jets. I have to say I am happy with that schedule.

I am shocked but here is today's market to win Superbowl XLIV

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS  3.50 $ 
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS  4.00 $   
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS  5.00 $   
DALLAS COWBOYS  7.50 $   
MINNESOTA VIKINGS  7.50 $   
ARIZONA CARDINALS  17.00 $   
BALTIMORE RAVENS  17.00 $   
NEW YORK JETS  21.00

The top 2 are from AFC so I guess the bookies have the writing on the wall with the injuries and indifferent form from the NFC side. Still Mata, we are both still there until after this weekend :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4