• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Romo holds it together enough to get the Cowboys home over the Saints who now go 13-1.  Huge game for Vikings vs Panthers now as home field play-off advantage is still alive in the NFC. 

Chargers squeak home and at the death it looks like the Broncos will fall to the Raiders.

Eagles win to stay on top of a *very* tight NFC East. 

Now time for me to go into an electronic fast to enable a "live" watching of the taped Vikes vs Panfers.

Phew again. Undeserving Chargers nail the Bengals with a 52 yd FG to snatch the win. Woohoo. Broncos LOSE against the Raiders. Double woohoo!
Steelers have their nose in front but Packers can probably seal it with a FG. Woops, Packers get a TD and now in front 2 mins to go.
Good win by the Eagles.

Bloody Steelers - they could really do the Vikes a favour by coming up with a touchdown on their last drive.  I won't hold my breath though. 

Well I'll be.  Steelers back from the dead on a long drive.  Sucked in Packers, the Black and Blue division belongs to the Vikings (again).

Steelers drive goes all the way - TD with 3 secs left, extra point is good. Steelers by 1 pt. Good stuff for the Purple Nords :)

ManlyBacker link said:
Steelers drive goes all the way - TD with 3 secs left, extra point is good. Steelers by 1 pt. Good stuff for the Purple Nords :)
Go to the NFL site and watch the highlights of the game. Apparently one of the best regular season games in many a year. Steelers much vaunted De-fence however is pretty fragile and even if things go their way and they squeak into the play-offs, they won't win this season.

I watched it earlier CW. Great passing game numbers from Roethlisberger and terrific last drive. Mata is very quiet 'cos the Vikes got beat but I have been there, done that with the Chargers who can be very ordinary sometimes - so he has my sympathy. Some good upsets this weekend making it all still to play for, especially in the AFC with a crazy 12 teams in with a shot.

Childress said it well in the post game press conference.  "The game is about blocking and tackling.  They did it, we didn't".  Peterson poor again with a King-like 28 yards.  Vikings will look to bash up the Bears next week and get their run going.

A really terrific win by the Chargers 42 - 17 over the Titans, who had everything to play for and are now out of contention. Rivers is getting better and better and we now get the play-off bye. The Titan's RB Chris Johnson in his second year is a superstar, almost single-handedly giving them any hope today with 124 yds.

Another two fantastic AFC clashes tomorrow with the Ravens against the Steelers at home, and the Pats against the Jaguars. I'm also looking forward to the Eagles hurting any Denver hopes.

Good that the Titans were beaten, now for the Fins to beat the Texans to remain alive for an AFC wild card.

I read that Favre and Childress are at loggerheads with Favre calling too many audibles at the line of scrimmage.  Childress wants to lay the ground work via AP but Favre keeps calling passing plays at the line.  Hence AP's lack of workload and teams starting to sweat on the pass.  Is it a case of one too many egos or is it a cunning ruse heading into the play-offs?

It would have been a cunning ruse if they had beaten the Panthers. Favre can call any play he likes as far as I'm concerned. Would the Vikes have their record without him? Every team is full of niggling injuries - the Vikes need to concentrate this weekend so that they can claim the bye and get the extra week to recover.

Childress wanted to bump Favre at 7-6 Viking way.  Question is, had he persisted, would Jackson have got them over the line?  Favre didn't and was getting a hammering from Pepper.

'Fins choke and kiss their season goodbye.  Steelers stay alive with a clutch win over the Ravens - Pittsburgh in Miami next week.  Giants get flogged and Packers look ominous.  Saints lose two in a row.  Vikings head to Chicago for a very cold MNF. 

There are advantages having holidays, like watching EPL followed by two NFL games. But what misery was dished up today from America.

The Giants, playing their very last game at Giants Stadium and with the season on the line, played one of the worst games I have seen. Their home fans just gave it to them. Even if they fluke a way through they are gone. Johnathan Stewart RB for the Panthers just walked through for 204. It is a shame they left their run too late.

The other game wasn't much better. The Broncos were just woeful, but they still managed to tie it up 27 all with 2 minutes to go but the Eagles kicked a FG to win. What does that say about the Eagles? Not much on that and every game I have seen from them has been disappointing. For mine they won't be there.

Terrific win for the Steelers against a talented Ravens outfit. They seem to be lucky to be facing the Dolphins at their most vulnerable.

This reminds me of Panfer jokes, but is a nice letter from a Titan tagic, found in the Charger's smackdown section :)

Hillbilly Letter From a Tennessee Home

Dearest Redneck Son,

I'm writing this slow because I know you can't read fast.

We don't live where we did when you left home. Your dad read in the newspaper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of your home, so we moved. I won't be able to send you the address because the last family that lived here took the house numbers when they moved so they wouldn't have to change their address.

This place is really nice. It even has a washing machine. I'm not sure about it. I put a load of clothes in and pulled the chain. We haven't seen them since.

The weather isn't bad here. It only rained twice last week; the first time for three days and the second time for four days.

Bubba locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.

Your sister had a baby this morning, but I haven't found out what it is yet so I don't know if you are an aunt or uncle.

Uncle Bobby Ray fell into a whiskey vat last week. Some men tried to pull him out but he fought them off and drowned. We had him cremated, he burned for three days.

Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pickup truck after the Titans missed the playoffs again. Butch was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in the back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down!

When your done serving your time your welcome to move right back into the basement. We've made the crawl space to get in a little bigger since you've probably gained weight eating 3 meals a day.

There isn't much more news at this time. The Titans still suck. Nothing much out of the normal has happened.

Your Favorite Aunt,

Mom

I just liked their jerseys and got someone going to the States to bring me back a Chargers Tshirt and I have been following them for a long time. Same way I picked the Gunners all those decades ago.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2