NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Stanley Cup hockey playoffs

COUUUUUTS!

Don't want to get too excited this early into the series but what a game. If you didn't catch it then try to watch a replay if you can, amazing game - blistering pace all the way.

Immense effort from Philly to get back into that one, just wore the Pens down by the end. Bryzgalov & Couturier were unstoppable. Definately going to be heading down to Brookie tonight in high spirits after watching that one.

Wolfpack said:
COUUUUUTS!

Don't want to get too excited this early into the series but what a game. If you didn't catch it then try to watch a replay if you can, amazing game - blistering pace all the way.

Immense effort from Philly to get back into that one, just wore the Pens down by the end. Bryzgalov & Couturier were unstoppable. Definately going to be heading down to Brookie tonight in high spirits after watching that one.

I'd just looked at the highlights before seeing your post and wow what an amazing game, I agree.

As for being in good spirits..... Well the nucks losing AGAIN and giving away not 1 but 2 short handed goals!

ahhhhh Q&^&^%$##$#@@$%^

I'm not even going to check the score until tomorrow

Manly being average on Saturday dampened the mood somewhat but there was a group of Nucks fans on holiday that were standing near us on the hill. Lots of good banter.

Wolfpack said:
Manly being average on Saturday dampened the mood somewhat but there was a group of Nucks fans on holiday that were standing near us on the hill. Lots of good banter.

:(

Daniel Sedin is apparently skating with the team again. Surely he is over his concussion and should be playing again. He needs to play in this next game, we lose it and out season is over.

How about lundqvist saving everything that was thrown at him the other night too?

haha no mate they didn't make it, sorry.

Daniel said:
haha no mate they didn't make it, sorry.

For the 7th year in a row.

Full page apologies to the fans they printed this year. (sounds like yoda)

I hope Daniel plays. Only 3 teams in the history of playoff hockey have ever come from 3 - 0 down though.

If any team can the bucks can but without Daniel it won't happen

041812_crosby_DNcover_600.jpg

It's time. If Philly get the sweep then it'll almost be the first series sweep in my lifetime. Great opponent to get it against as well, especially after the shameful display that the Pens put up in game 3.

Hearing that Sedin is a gametime decision for the Nucks. Hoping that he can lead you lot back for at least a decider in game 7. The Pens are the only team I want to see get destroyed!

I didn't see the elbow that took Sedin out, but must have been a beauty to have him out for so long

Well...this is embarrassing. Pens leading 9-3 in the second, Bryzgalov gets yanked after letting in 5 straight.

So much for Bryzgalov building on his efforts in the last few games & actually turning into a decent goalie for the 2nd round.

Canucks win, thank the good Lord!

3-1 and Daniel was back.

This pens - flyers series is a cracker. The guys have no defence!

Dan - Keith didn't miss d. Sedin that's for sure!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M25I5rtFjiA[/video]

Good to see the Nucks pick themselves off the ice & get back in it, got a feeling that that series will go all the way. Only got to see glimpses of the game but it looked like they have started playing positive hockey, good to see.

Our defence is awful (Watching Matt Carle try & skate is tear jerking) but the Goalies are no better. Bryzgalov was meant to be the saviour (we gave him a $51m contract) but has been on the slide ever since the Winter Classic. Bobrovsky has never turned into the goalie that he promised he could be & TBH he was no better than Bryz in the loss to the Pens.

Then again, we did go to the final in 2010 with our goalie merry-go-round. Second times the charm?

51 mill is a lot of moolah! I can hear the footy players who sneak on here cry at little at our 4 mill salary cap!

Nucks are known as the goalie graveyard so maybe your guys will turn the corner.

Just keep those playoff beards and superstitions going as we say.

Sneider played like a demon, stopping a penalty shot, but luongo was playing extremely well in games 1 and 2.

I wonder how Lu feels about being the No 1 nucks goalie and not starting in a series deciding game?

That said, everyone I speak too loves the flyers/pens series and is going for the flyers.

That hit was cheap and deliberate. a 2 minute penalty is pretty lame, in League he would have been send for that. Can't believe they didn't let the fight carry on a bit further.

As for Lu I think he is starting to realise he gets the choke in the playoffs and deserves to be benched. I'd like to see him finish off the game rather than start it anyway

Keith also got a 5 game suspension (when they had 7 to go) but Daniel > Keith and he missed about 10 games inc 3 playoff games.

At least the NHL release a video explaining every decision, even if the decision seems like pot luck.

As for the flyers goalie - who is now injured (might play though) it was hilarious when he said "I only scared of bear. But no bear on ice. Bear only in forest ". Ahh those crazy Russians.

Bryz is a classic, if only he was as good on the ice as he is in press conferences. Some of the interviews with him in the Road to the Winter Classic special were absolute gold. My favourite had to be "Universe so humanguss beeg", or the one about if you kill a Tiger, 'they' will find you & kill you.

Flyers up 2-1 after the 1st, a helluva lot tighter than the first three games in this series. Flyers PP has been beautiful to watch this season, so crisp & well orchestrated.

Timmonen also just used his...er...nuggets to block a shot during a Pens PP. If that's not dedication to the cause then I don't know what is.

EDIT: My jinx is a powerful jinx indeed, Fleury got eight saves on a PP just after I posted that. 3-2 Pens final score but at least we're headed back to Phila for game 6. Fleury really got himself together tonight, stoned so many chances (including a one on one with Jagr FFS). Hard to blame Bryzgalov, none of their goals were really all on him. Not to say that he couldn't have done better but at least it wasn't game 3.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6