NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Stanley Cup hockey playoffs

Raffi Torres (phoenix) suspended for 25 games.

well he is a repeat, repeat, repeat offender at high hits.

wolfpack -a powerful jinx indeed.

Wot, me worry? Re next game..... Damn straight. More later

Ding dong, the wicked witches of the west are dead.

5-1 to the good guys at the WFC. Great game, Flyers honestly never looked like losing which was a pleasant suprise given the prior games of the series.

Claude Giroux was amazing, did it all in the game. Definately the leader of the Flyers if there was ever any doubt before this. Got a goal, an assist & completely shut down Crosby - not an easy thing to do by any stretch.

Bourdon & Grossman should both return for the second round which is a great boost for our defence. I'm still in shock about Bryz looking good two games in a row, it's like we've gone back to the beginning of the season.

EDIT: Ouch, condolences Globaleagle, that's a tough way to have your team knocked out.

I watched that flyers - pens game and congrats to moving forward. Hopefully you guys go far and enjoy it 1 game more than we did last year!

Thanks for the condolences. As a nucks fan I am certainly used to this feeling.

I think we really needed to win it last year as we are probably heading for a Detroit like empire crumble over the next few seasons.

We have 1 or 2 good ones left in us, but the new breed have arrived.

Good luck!

How the **** did we play so badly in the playoff? We were top qualifiers and should have smashed the kings.

Nucks are just the most frustrating hockey team to follow. My fault for checking the score during the second quarter. Sorry

It's magic!

I think the fact our division is so weak makes it too easy for us to qualify.

Since early February we were guaranteed to finish either first or second in the division and started to play accordingly. We still end up the best team in the whole friggen league but were not playing that well.

Kings, being on the up had the goods on us. Keith taking out D. Sedin hurt us too.

Our defense drives me crazy. Lu in goal and they all clock off as "Lu will save all shots.". Schneider in goal - defense plays better as "it's Schneider, we better play better to help him put."

How many more years!!!? :-(

Second "quarter".... Lol my wife would say. Period is such a dirty word.

As is hockey

meh meant to say period, this is why I need to stay off the internet late at night and after Oz tag.

In better news, we won one of the semi-finals last night 8 - 5 and lost the mixed one 10 - 5

At least we made one grand final, but my teams have made the grand final in at least one division for the past 4 seasons we always fall at the final hurdle :(

• 👍
Reactions: Dan

Well, here's hoping you kick ass this year.

Someone I know should win something!

Don't have my fingers crossed, the team consists of

Youngest, 20, then 23, then me at 30 and then everyone else is over 35 with the majority being in the late 40's and early 50's.

As long as we keep the old boys included but our of trouble we will be fine. We just need to keep them taking 3 up the guts then a few of the younger guys can run short balls and second man plays to get through.

We have beat the team we are playing twice this season, I just need the boys to go in without that in their head. We finished 4th and took out the team that finished first last night

Young guys are quick but never sub themselves off, ever. Drives me insane. Gimme a well drilled older side any day of the week.

Boston and Chicago both out in round 1! Wooooohooooooo!

Trade talk re Luongo continues even though he has a no trade clause.

It's like the foran forum over there.

wake up Mr wolfpack.

flyers playing as I type

Yeah, I saw it (though I had to go through the usual suspects to do so - thanks Foxtel), fairly good game though we took a long time to get going. Have to be fairly confident after it as well given how a rusty Flyer's team still managed to get the win against a firing Devil's team. Good to see JvR back & playing well again also.

Bryz was terrible, again. I don't know what he needs to do to get his groove back but it needs to happen fast. All three of the goals he allowed should have been easy saves.

We just need the Caps to do well enough to get past the Rangers, we've been abysmal against NYR this year.

Read an interesting article on how Giroux is actually on pace to not only join the '40 points in the playoffs' club (only current members being Lemineux & Gretzky) but actually break Gretzky's 47 point record. I don't think he'll break the 47pt record as the Pens series was an anomaly in how many points were scored, but you'd have to say that he's a good shout to get into the 40 club if we go all the way to the final. And this was the guy that the NHL deemed not good enough to be one of the finalists for the Hart award!

hoping for a flyers and caps victories for round 2 as well.

as a nucks fan, always happy to see the rangers lose post '94.

Well.... As you know, hart award is based on the reg season for achievements done, not in line to do.

Nuttin against Giroux, mind you but I reckon lunkqvisk (sp) will get the gong.

flyers still in it though so could be worse!

Not saying that Giroux was a Hart contender purely based on the playoffs, he has led from the front all year, quality player. I do agree that Lundquist should win though, just think that Giroux deserved to be a finalist. We had a few contenders for rookie of the year as well (Sean Couturier the main one) but none of them have been selected as finalists for that award either, disappointing for them but at the end of the day it is all about the cup.

Awful game today, we became the anti-Flyers. Came out strong in the 1st period & skated the Devs off the ice but still only had a one goal lead. Then they just played like they'd already won it & despite Bryzgalov's best performance in quite some time (one of the best games I've seen him have in a Flyers uniform) we got done after a strong 3rd period of the Devils. We do bounce back well after losses though, so it'd be nice to go down to Jersey & take the series lead back.

fair enough then.

thanks for the correct spelling of Lundquist, mine looks like I had a stroke.

I thought you had another good rookie, briere (so) this season as well.

didn't see the game and good luck in 'joi-sey'

Wolfpack (if that is your real name) you should find the interview your goalie Bryzgalov did. He spoke about the USA v Russian space race and the animals lost in said race.

hilarious

and the problems with space monkeys.

Bryzgalov is men of lerning. He discuss much of how universe is humongous beeg & that the killing of Tigers will get you keeled.

Is only game, why you heff to be med?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jslWMFczepE

In saying that, I am heffing to be med right now. Flyers lose 4-3 in OT but it was much worse than that, didn't deserve to even go to OT. Same crap as game 2; slow, lethargic, no structure, etc. All the things you expect the Flyers not to be.

The vets on the team need to pull their fingers out & start grafting hard. I'm looking at you Hartnell, Jagr & Briere. Bryzgalov is actually playing really well now but our defence is still putrid. Matt Carle is torture to watch.

Oh Matt Carle, why you heff to be bad?

Just stumbled across this thread.
I go for the cronulla sharks of the NHL, the LA kings
47 years and they won f... All. (as far as stanley cups are concerned)

They are doing so well 3-0 over blues in the confrence semis.

I wonder what odds I'd get on the kings/sharks double ;)

maybe not bad odds!

As I type the kings are 2-1 up at the end of the first period, win this one and it is a clean sweep into round three!

You want Cronulla like results..... Go for the Vancouver Canucks. 40 years, no trophy but sellouts every game.

I suppose the Vancouver millionaires won way back years ago.

Kings have a good chance.

Wolfpack... 10 hour youtube clip! Why you heff to be so mad??

Hilarious.

Amazing lundquist glove save on Ovi yesterday.

Welcome aboard Cameron!

GUYS, GET OUT GOON, THE MOVIE. SOME SAY BIGGER THAN SLAPSHOT AND IT IS FRICKING HILARIOUS.

Starring "stiffler" as the goon. It's a brilliant hockey fight movie and based on a true story!

Look it up,please.

Ugh...we lose again to the Devils.

Need to win out now to advance to the conference final, looking very unlikely. I guess this is the flip side of having such a young & inexperienced team, when the goings good it's good, but things can change so fast.

The Kings Flyers-west have to be favourites right now. Mike Quick is unbeatable & they're playing hard all round. Mike Richards is in vintage form as well, great leader to take them all the way.

EDIT: Well we're up against it in game 5. No Giroux & Couturier still day to day with his upper body injury. Everything's falling apart all at once.

You're right, really up against it now.

Preds knocked out now(hooray)

Goon also references early flyers teams in their colours from the 70's when you guys were gooney scary.

Gunna be tough for you guys but hey, you always had to win 4 games to progress!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6