NHL (ice) Hockey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: NHL cancels all November games

Stoopeed mofo's

*bump*

With November’s games now washed away — meaning the league’s best guess for a start to a short season is now Dec. 1 — the NHL will have wiped away 2,042 games in the last 20 years, 326 regular season games so far this season.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1278062--nhl-lockout-league-cancels-remaining-november-games

+ No formal talks planned for the near future.

NHL cancels all November games

globaleagle said:
With November’s games now washed away — meaning the league’s best guess for a start to a short season is now Dec. 1 — the NHL will have wiped away 2,042 games in the last 20 years, 326 regular season games so far this season.

@[globaleagle]

Can't they just think of the kiddies & stop this fighting...? What is your plan B northern winter sport GE??

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

@[globaleagle]

Can't they just think of the kiddies & stop this fighting...? What is your plan B northern winter sport GE??

@[Mals]

I think my new sport will be this...

0500137119100.jpg

Now I'm wondering if you have tags set to on in your preferences as I still don't get them from you. :(

I don't think the kids will stop fighting. Actually they aren't even meeting to even try and fight. They have both taken their 'balls' and gone home.

Party on!

globaleagle said:
Now I'm wondering if you have tags set to on in your preferences as I still don't get them from you. :(

My tag preferences look fine GE. Perhaps it's got something to do with Tapatalk which I use for my iPhone?? I'll try tagging you thru the "old skool" Silvertails Internet forum accessed thru my laptop ;)

:p

NHL cancels the winter classic BUT both sides are currently still meeting at this very second!

*fingers crossed*

@[Mals] - the non canuck evil person
@[Daniel] - true champion of the people

Hey GE, doesn't Dan support multiple NHL teams?

I'll take the Nucks as my Canadian team ;)

pffffft, Dan wouldn't be so fickle! :p

Meetings still going on.

Given the lack of progress, GE, I thought I'd have to come in here & cheer you up with some good ol'fashioned laughing at Toronto.

182551_434010176646019_1281293186_n.png

Wolfpack said:
Given the lack of progress, GE, I thought I'd have to come in here & cheer you up with some good ol'fashioned laughing at Toronto.

182551_434010176646019_1281293186_n.png

Always good to make fun of toronto.

4 days of meetings and now they shall have another meeting to see if it's worthwhile to have more meetings.

sponsors are starting to get annoyed as well.

NUTTIN!!! :mad::mad::mad:

The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players' Association will resume negotiations toward a new Collective Bargaining Agreement on Wednesday at the League office. (THURS AUSSIE TIME)

The meeting, the second in three days between the two sides, is expected to begin at approximately 10 a.m. ET.

After roughly 90 minutes of negotiations Monday night, the League urged the NHLPA to present a proposal detailing its position on all of the fundamental economic issues that have divided the two sides in the bargaining process.

Bosses want 50/50 split in hockey revenue. ATM its something like 67/33 to the players.

Players say that last year their cut was 1.8 billion and want guarantees that that figure wont be lower moving forward. Obv owners are saying cant guarantee that with a percentage based system. It's 50/50 of the total no matter what.

Players want existing contracts honoured even if this makes the percentage change somewhat.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=646097

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/columnist/allen/2012/11/20/nhl-labor-talks-column/1718225/

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/nhlpa-expected-to-deliver-new-collective-bargaining-proposal-wednesday-1.1045790

@[Mals]

GE - I can't claim to be a finance guru but a 17% difference in the way the pie is split between the Owners & Players is a massive amount when converted to dollars & cents...

Can the Owners bring in strike breakers? Perhaps you could get a gig as a keeper for the Nucks??

lol - not standing in front of one of those 160kph pucks!

Actually it was the owners who 'locked out' the players, so the players aren't on strike.

They can't use their owners facilities (ie: ice rinks) to practice on, or use any of their team's gear. Meaning nothing with the team logo of the team they are signed with.

So it's kind of like....the owners are striking!

Ah ok... down with the Owners!

Players could form new teams (the Sea Eagles would be a good name for your local team) & play at community ice rinks. Get a ground swell of public support behind them... hell they could play for the love of the game! ;)

The NHLPA (players association) delivered a 6 page proposal to the league today.

Predictably, as Bettman (owners spokesperson) has done on both other lock-outs took the proposal and basically said "what else ya got?"

Sides remain far apart even though we're getting down almost to a 50-50 split and players want current contracts to be upheld.

Not a bad summary here...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/nhl-union-offers-five-year-proposal-but-sides-still-far-apart-1.4249601

Jeez its a total mess that this can happen. Whilst I understand it is a business for the NHL, the players and the owners. One crucial thing remains in that their business relies on the fans. Without them there is no business. At some stage they need to think about the fans, surely

The fans will always come back despite all the calls to boycott.

A couple of sponsors are getting fed up too.

Even talk of decertify the NHLPA and therefore the nhl could be 'sued' for anti-trust actions (such as salary cap, etc).

I believe they did this in the nba and got a deal in 12 days. Did it in the nfl too I think (not gospel info here).

edit: read this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/exasperated-ryan-miller-heartily-endorses-decertification-of-union/article5578329/

RE: NHL: Games cancelled up to Dec 14th.

The hatchet came down on games to Dec. 14 as well as the Jan. 26-27 all-star weekend in Columbus. Now, a total of 422 regular-season games — 34.3 per cent of the season — have been taken off the schedule.

Third of the season + all star weekend gone now.

Crap!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1292228--nhl-lockout-league-cancels-games-up-to-dec-14-as-well-as-all-star-weekend

RE: NHL: Games cancelled up to Dec 14th.

I've given up on this season ever happening. Even if it does eventually go ahead I can't see it being as enjoyable as normal. Last year's NBA season (Strike shortened) was actually entertaining in a hectic kind of way as there were so many games being squeezed into a short period of time, but with the amount of games the NHL have axed so far, it's just not going to be the same.

Ah well, at least Philly's horrific defense won't get exposed for at least another year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8