Non-Manly Games [Round 18, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As the Moose would have said....dead set, no risk about it. Gutherson touched that ball.

However..... @mjb136 is correct, from 18-6 up the Chooks should never have been in the situation where they needed a last minute try to either draw level or win.

Gutho touched that ball.

Nein win again.

So after the bunker viewed that touch at least a million times, how did the blue and gold cheats manage to get the ball....???

Anyway a pretty disgraceful game. I don't know why I bothered to sit through it. Unbelievable really, bloody stoopid officials, stoopid cheats (both teams playing tonight qualify for that label), who do they think they are to bloody stuff up my Silvertail tips............! Grrr not happy Jan....!

So after the bunker viewed that touch at least a million times, how did the blue and gold cheats manage to get the ball....???

Simple. The bunker ruled that Gutho didn't touch the ball (insufficient evidence.....yeah righto) and because Manu put the ball down on the touch in goal line it was a 20m tap restart to doesn't-matta.

Simple. The bunker ruled that Gutho didn't touch the ball (insufficient evidence.....yeah righto) and because Manu put the ball down on the touch in goal line it was a 20m tap restart to doesn't-matta.

Ok, so the bunker stuffed up again, thanks @HoldenV8.

Unbelievable really, the ball clearly changed in direction after Gutho touched it....! :banghead:

I reckon they were set to actually call that as a knock on by Gutho but someone seemed to get into Patten's ear at the last minute and suddenly there was "insufficient evidence" that he touched it.

Rigged much? As I said, Nein win again. Taking their points seems to be taking forever and I wouldn't mind betting that Nein are trying to keep interest in the Speels possibly making the finals for as long as possible.

I reckon they were set to actually call that as a knock on by Gutho but someone seemed to get into Patten's ear at the last minute and suddenly there was "insufficient evidence" that he touched it.

Rigged much? As I said, Nein win again. Taking their points seems to be taking forever and I wouldn't mind betting that Nein are trying to keep interest in the Speels possibly making the finals for as long as possible.
So you are implying Match fixing by Channel 9?

Lets just say that it wouldn't surprise me if Patten was told through his headset to call in doesn't-matta's favour at the end.

wow.

Just had a look at that 'no touch.'

The touch judge called it as did all the commentators.

The slow mo showed Gutho's fingers being bent back as the ball hit his hand!

That is just amazing. Unless explained it's hard to think of any other explanation than a contrived decision.

I mean at 18-6 the roosters should have closed it out but I can not explain the call that the ball was not touched! It was, clearly!

Could it be that there's a underlying off the record suggestion that in close games calls go one way? :tinfoil:

I'd love to be able to get to the real truth about that one decision. Unless people on here don't think it was touched?

edit: The silence from the 'in pocket' journos will be deafening.

Last edited:
Wasn't it Luke Phillips who was going off on social media about the bunker and refereeing in general?

I thought the Roosters were lucky to get the Drop-out from Parra late in the game after Norman had caught the ball, then dragged in goal. Looked as tho' momentum had stopped.

8,464 crowd - no hysterical headlines from the DT :mad:
No, they only reserve those for Manly and Brookvale.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope manly are looking at Nu Brown he is a gun, he is going great guns in reserves and should be playing FG he can also play centre. He has done well so far against Penrith set up a try and his defence and kicking has been good also.

Is Cronulla's defence this good or is Penrith's attack so revolving around Bryce Cartwright these days that they are becoming predictable?

As I type it, Latu scores for Penrith under the posts.

I see Horsehead and Perenara are having their usual high standard games.....

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6