Non-Manly Games [Round 23, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Two games in a row. Will he get suspended this time???

13912441_1490433887649067_2258163079473529930_n.jpg

Sims dominated for the dragon. I wonder how close we were to picking him up mid season, and how much extra the dragons paid.

St Merge dug in tonight.........amazing what can happen when a totally ordinary team shows some will to win.
I don't know if it is as simple as will to win. There was definitely something different though in their mindset, they looked confident and eager, where that came from I have no idea.
Speaking of no idea, I wish I knew what Shark Matt Prior has suddenly changed. This bloke has been playing for about 10 years and anytime I've seen him he's made very little impact and seems borderline first grade standard.
This year he rips in, both in attack and defence. I had to do a double take to believe it was the same player.

I don't know if it is as simple as will to win. There was definitely something different though in their mindset, they looked confident and eager, where that came from I have no idea.
Speaking of no idea, I wish I knew what Shark Matt Prior has suddenly changed. This bloke has been playing for about 10 years and anytime I've seen him he's made very little impact and seems borderline first grade standard.
This year he rips in, both in attack and defence. I had to do a double take to believe it was the same player.

Yeah I definitely get that things are not as simple as the will to win, there is a lot more to it, but it is certainly a big part of it. Don't underestimate the power of the mind and having a hunger to win. It is incredibly important and can change momentum, increase success and win games touted as unwinnable.

St Merge were pretty much written off for that game. Their attack this year has been worse than ours and yet with so much against them they won and won well. Could have been easy to switch off and lay down and think we are no chance for the finals. However there is a glimmer of hope for them however faint it is.

I just think you should always go in to a game with the will to win, the coach also needs to believe they can win and instil this in the team and not call the season over with 4 weeks to go like Twent did.

As for Prior, not sure what has happened there. But sometimes people lift when the people around them lift. Hard to quantify but it has definitely happened to numerous average athletes who have joined or are in a winning team. The sharks winning games and having a clear focus that a GF appearance is possible can also have an incredible impact on an individual performance.

Last edited:
I thought an upset might be on the cards about 20minutes ago, with the Knights jagging a win.

And once I entertained a possibility of hope for us re finals mathematical chances thanks to @robbiea , the riff tore that from my mind and started piling on the points.......bastard westies...lol.

Gee, it's frustrating to understand when the vid ref can and can't help out. It just seems so random. At times we are screaming out for a vid ref to correct a howler and the silence is deafening. Other times they seem to have no hesitation in getting involved.

I guess the same can be said of touchies traditionally, where they would be reluctant to call forward passes specifically, but just every odd occasion they would suddenly pipe up.

Inconsistency sucks!

The refs are helping the rorters out as per usual.

Admittedly though the cows are having a shocker, so many errors, they are also missing Granville.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4