Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KeithSheldon

Reserve Grader
Agreed KeithSheldon.

Thurston is a good player. He just can't tackle to save himself (unlike DCE).

Dylan Walker could do worse than have watched tonight's game and take notes on Milford's running game. Walker with better speed could have every bit as good or better when he settles more into the role.

I agree, especially about Walker. People who cry for his blood need to remember how bad Milford was when he first played in the halves, with cries of 'move him back to fullback, he is crap in the halves'. Well fast forward one year, and we have a similar situation with people saying 'move Walker to the centres, he is crap in the halves'.

People need to give him time.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I agree, especially about Walker. People who cry for his blood need to remember how bad Milford was when he first played in the halves, with cries of 'move him back to fullback, he is crap in the halves'. Well fast forward one year, and we have a similar situation with people saying 'move Walker to the centres, he is crap in the halves'.

People need to give him time.

I was one of those who said that we need to swap Killer and Walker. That was after Killer's shocker against the Tigpies where Simona and Tedesco made him look old and slow. But I do think that Walker will prove to be a very good pivot for us.

Its obvious that he's not there to be a play maker, he's not DCE or Snake. But Barrett has repeatedly said that he wants Walker to be a running 5/8 and Milford tonight showed what a good running 5/8 can do to the opposition.

StuBoot

Bencher
From front on I thought JT had knocked it on, but that inside shot showed otherwise. Cows unlucky there, if the ref had the balls to rule the other way it would have been a try.

And why didn't they at least have another good look or two at that inside shot, which clarified what looked like a bubble from front on? They saw it once and it was almost like they quickly wanted to forget they even checked that angle in the first place.

You could hear on the audio that theyd pretty much made up their mind before that side shot was shown. They'd already looked at it so many times that its like they are scared to change their decision.

Whilst on the subject, if a potential try is so important to check over and over why isn't the winning field goal under the same microscope.
By their own definition of disallowing the Morgan no try - the defender was denied an opportunity to make the tackle - then that same reasoning should be applied to Milfords field goal - whether he would've or not is a moot point just as in the no try call.
Glanville was at marker and Blair (?) pretty much stepped to the left and caused Glanville to stumble into another Broncos "blocker" giving him no chance of attempting a charge down - so he was denied an opportunity of putting an sort of pressure on Milford.
It just irks me that a game that wants so much to get the big decisions right doesn't even bother with the match defining play!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Sticky will be miffed, as Perenara turned on the home Team and the Titans should win this on a contentious try @:D

CedfPMbWAAA5PFc.jpg

Last edited:

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
^ Titans don't look anything like the wooden spoon contenders everyone predicted them to be. Shillington hasn't looked this good in years and Ash Taylor could really turn into something special. Who'da thunk it?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sticky will be going off his brain at the Faders.

Not since the great North Sydney Bears have I seen defeat plucked from the jaws of victory like that.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
sheesh, thanks raiders! I've got a tipping comp to win get top ten not totally embarrass myself in ya know!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Dragons have good D and fowards that really pump the legs and run hard. But god they are woeful 10m out from the opposition line!

Is soward on purposely trying to make his old team win the game.He's taking wrong options in attack not throwing passes to his wide men plus **** bombs to no one.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we have found a couple more sides we can beat, now we just have to lift the tempo to match the likes of the Donkeys, optimistic I know but you never know!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14