Non-Manly Games [Round 4, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Telstra gave me foxtel for free for 3 months. So good having the choice now when channel 9 Footy comes on I can flick it over to foxtel and watch the coverage with their commentators and pre game show, So much better!

That can be ok out of dummy half late in the game, we do it well, but doesn't compare to a harden prop putting his hand up to make the hard runs 5 m out from their own line, or mixing it with the opposition's biggest forwards, putting their body on the line in defence in the middle, or attracting 2-3 defenders while still getting a ball away, putting the opposition on the back foot with a 20m run up the guts, getting that quick play the ball so the half back has room to run to the line. If we had that, DCE and a running walker would have a field day
Totally agree but you have Matai taking a pass out of dummy half and hitting it up with more effectiveness than some of our bigger forwards.

Basically i want less finesse and simple hard running back rowers so we can back up the added weight of a hardened prop carrying defenders and making the hard yards.

We don't hurt the defence or cause any exhaustion through the grind and the game plan against us is too simple and easy to deliver with a half decent forward pack.

Last edited:
Please use your hindsight to try and sound smart using vague statements that can be read many ways depending on who agrees with you and what they say. Of course you will need to include the mandatory ignore any examples that make it sound otherwise.

Its the same method those who claim to have telepathetic powers use.

I don't want more of Matai running hard and getting Turtled most times he ran the ball last week causing a slow play the ball. To me this is dumb
I never stated i wanted more of Matai doing the hard yards---what i am saying and said it before it is a bad sign if he has to.

Please use your hindsight to try and sound smart using vague statements that can be read many ways depending on who agrees with you and what they say. Of course you will need to include the mandatory ignore any examples that make it sound otherwise.

Its the same method those who claim to have telepathetic powers use.

I don't want more of Matai running hard and getting Turtled most times he ran the ball last week causing a slow play the ball. To me this is dumb
No idea what you are on about in relation to hindsight, are you talking about my broad statement on "Fluffy" people if so why do you care.

You are the one who made the smart A$$ comment which deserved an equally smart A$$ reply.

If you are referring to my thoughts on our forwards i mentioned before the season started i was not happy with our forward mix, i've also mentioned we were lacking in the forwards when on top of the table in 2014 and got hounded down for such observations.

Telstra gave me foxtel for free for 3 months. So good having the choice now when channel 9 Footy comes on I can flick it over to foxtel and watch the coverage with their commentators and pre game show, So much better!

They are much much better than the Nein commentators!

What?? He regularly runs for 150-200m and is very fit, good D, and gets a very quick play the ball while carrying 3 defenders. Last week ran for 240m, 39 tackles and 1 clean line break. I would have him any day of the week. Watch tonights game and let me know what you think, I bet he has another cracker
He performs well behind a good pack,would not lead an average pack to become a great pack due to his input.

Plays soft at times.

Fmd @Dan
Took me half an hour to work out how to lohin. Sctolling down on the iPhone you get the graphics / images behind the thread coming up and slowing down the load.

Fmd @Dan
Took me half an hour to work out how to lohin. Sctolling down on the iPhone you get the graphics / images behind the thread coming up and slowing down the load.
Why not use the app?

Fmd @Dan
Actually I switched the backstretch images and forgot to turn them off for mobile I'll do that again in a little while

How can a commentary team be so deafeningly silent about that elbow dropped to the head of the player on the ground? Granted, I'll give him the BOTD that he didn't intend to connect with his head, but you can't lash out using an elbow like that... not to mention the follow up with the forearm pushed to his face. Seriously, Sterlo just completely tip-toed around it and not a mention from anybody else.

It's sad but the way incidences are commented on and reported is greatly influenced by the players' perceived character, and even teams...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8