NRL 2009 Stamp Packs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
blitzkrieg link said:
Maybe Gallop bought all the Stewart ones so he could sit at home naked and lick them.

Now that's an image I could have done without....oooooooohhhh.

What an absolute disgrace..Gallop and the NRL really are abunch of tools.

And here's a quote to remind of the NRL treatment of Inglis in comparable circumstances (and a mention of Laffranchi and Crockett):

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25170949-23214,00.html

Last year Melbourne's Greg Inglis was involved in a fight outside Brisbane's Normanby Hotel while his Storm teammates were in England for the World Club Challenge.

Storm bosses slammed Inglis for being intoxicated and putting himself in a compromising situation late at night, even though he played the role of peacemaker.

But rather than punish Inglis, a few weeks later the NRL showcased the Test star alongside Storm skipper Cameron Smith as the faces of the NRL's major Centenary season campaign.

Inglis was also in the first edition of the 2009 commercial, but after Stewart's actions he will now become the focal point of the ad campaign.

The NRL has also previously allowed Gold Coast's Anthony Laffranchi and Warriors' Michael Crockett to continue playing as their sexual assault charges were dragged through the courts and eventually dismissed.

i hate it but you can understand (but not agree) why they did it. This would have gone into print around the time it all blew up - far better for them to not put him on not knowing what was going to happen

Like i said i do not agree with it but in terms of crisis managment it was the only decision they could make

lsz link said:
.... Like i said i do not agree with it but in terms of crisis managment it was the only decision they could make

Why is that? And if they had to do it, in what sense do you not agree with it?

And do you also think they had to ban him from playing? (just for being drunk of course)

Crisis management, now that would be "uh oh, he might be in trouble.. hey he's not with us, nup, he's certainly not a league player, never seen him before..."

I have no doubt the NRL would love Brett to be neither seen, heard, nor spoken about until his case is resolved...and if that took a whole year, tough. But on legal grounds they could not accomplish that, so they have to let him play.

But don't you think all these little discriminations cut the heart from the presumption of innocence?

I understand why a weak leader would do what Gallop has done throughout this saga. Strong leaders don't panic, knee-jerk react, and flip/flop under media pressure.

A leader of character would take a stand of not judging anyone guilty before there has been due process. And that strong leader would gain respect through that strong stance.

Pretence of Nostradamus skills is not a defining characteristic of a good leader.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=180097.msg219147#msg219147 date=1239703072]

.... Like i said i do not agree with it but in terms of crisis managment it was the only decision they could make

Why is that? And if they had to do it, in what sense do you not agree with it?

And do you also think they had to ban him from playing? (just for being drunk of course)

Crisis management, now that would be "uh oh, he might be in trouble.. hey he's not with us, nup, he's certainly not a league player, never seen him before..."

I have no doubt the NRL would love Brett to be neither seen, heard, nor spoken about until his case is resolved...and if that took a whole year, tough. But on legal grounds they could not accomplish that, so they have to let him play.

But don't you think all these little discriminations cut the heart from the presumption of innocence?
[/quote]

They (being aus post) would have had to make the decision on the fly with little information. This was before the DNA evidence, this was before a lot of the info came to light

Without knowing the full situation the only option was to take brett off the stamps. Imagine if he had pleaded guilty? The what would have Aus post have done?

I do not agree with it as i am Manly fan who hates what has happened with this whole situation. In my line of work i deal with PR situations - if i had to give an opinion (non biased work based) I would have said the safer option is to take Brett off the stamp issue
As for the ban no I do not agree with the double standards shown – if every player is treated the same then I do not have an issue

BS, Anyone would know that most Manly supporters support Stewy. Who do they expect to buy these now worthless stamps......Parra supporters????

They have had to make a decision based on the overall brand (similar to brett being pulled from the tv add)

If in doubt pull it - right or wrong they made a decision, at the time, that they thought was protecting the brand

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180097.msg219012#msg219012 date=1239627741]
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=180097.msg218976#msg218976 date=1239618288]
Maybe Gallop bought all the Stewart ones so he could sit at home naked and lick them.

lol

Gronk will be so jealous of Gallop.
[/quote]

Hey....licking stamps of a guy is just perverted....I'm an upstanding citizen who just wants to stick one up him to show my appreciation of his play!!
[/quote]

That's Ok then.

The media have picked up on the story:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25335694-5016544,00.html

Bones, Manly629, Bob Dylan, Jonesy and Premiers 08 Bronze Member on the MSE site got quoted.

If Aust Post & the NRL are so desperately sycophantic that they put their narrow self-image above our court system and prejudice above a Presumption of Innocence, then who would respect them or choose to support them?

No backbone, no respect.

Australia Post communications adviser Anna Inglis refused to speak about the issue, instead releasing a two-sentence press release yesterday stating: \"The NRL stamp sets were printed around the time the allegations currently facing Brett Stewart were made public. A decision was made to exclude the player due to the serious nature of the charges he is facing.\"

they really didn't think about the release did they, using the word allegations

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4