NRL announces three pronged enquiry-the carve up begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the only reason we were thre first is because we were closer.they arrived 2 seconds later.the sheer stupidity surrounding this whole fiasco and the aftermath,including Glens actions,astounds me.F...ing Hitler would fare better in the court of public opinion than Manly.

Anyone who doubts that the punishment will not be outrageous should prepare for the worst.

Of course we were there first as we were closer, and also because we support each other. But facts won't get in the way of a public execution. That this incident has the two Stewarts involved will be more than enough for the NRL to take the opportunity to humiliate them, and Manly. I wouldn't be surprised if they make our fine larger than other examples, by referencing it to the $100k one we paid in 2009. Just to rub salt into the wounds.

Unfortunately the one to blame in all of this is Lussick because if he doesn't throw any punches at Hinchclife then none of the brawls happen.

He is a great talent but has killed our season.

Sadly I think you are right susan. This is the lead story on every media outlet and the frenzy doesn't look like easing up. Regardless of what Blair said, it was stupid stuff from Glenn, he waited for Blair and Blair accommodated him by jogging to catch up. Glenn threw the first punch....can't see anyway out for him. Lussick was third man in and let rip with 3 or 4 while Blair was on the ground...another difficult scenario to argue your way out of. First class brain explosion which could possibly spell the end of our season, especially if Brett is a casualty of the whole thing as well.

Chip and Chase said:
Sadly I think you are right susan. This is the lead story on every media outlet and the frenzy doesn't look like easing up. Regardless of what Blair said, it was stupid stuff from Glenn, he waited for Blair and Blair accommodated him by jogging to catch up. Glenn threw the first punch....can't see anyway out for him. Lussick was third man in and let rip with 3 or 4 while Blair was on the ground...another difficult scenario to argue your way out of. First class brain explosion which could possibly spell the end of our season, especially if Brett is a casualty of the whole thing as well.

To suggest that Glenn waited is a little misguided, watch again, he is clearly walking off, shaking his head and muttering to himself, likely about the fact that he was not the one who should have been sent, and then blair is right up in his face.

In Haynes defence, if blair had walked at a reasonable pace they would not have been anywhere near each other, it was all Blair looking to carry on that caused the second fight, not that the storm will care, since he is out of there next year they may hang him out to dry anyway.

susan said:
How they came together is irrelevant really.

It will be irrelevant when looking at the punishment any of our guys get sure - but when Blairs charge is read it will be a huge factor I would think.

tookey said:
Unfortunately the one to blame in all of this is Lussick because if he doesn't throw any punches at Hinchclife then none of the brawls happen.

I disagree. What should he have done, dropped his dacks bent over and said OK.

Hinchcliff 'accidently' elbowed Lussick in the head. Lussick should apologise for having his head in Hinchcliff's way. Maybe Manly shouldn't have tackled any Melbourne players - we might have hurt them, upset them and ruined our season.

Hey Chip and Chase, didn't you see the uppercuts to Lussick who was being held by other Melbourne players by Blair earlier? That wasn't a good look also.

I don't want to be argumentative but for the love of God. It was a great game played by passionate players.

If the 2011 seaon is ruined so be it. I'd sooner be part of a ruined season because I stood up for myself than let Melbourne win so we wont upset them.

If the 2011 season is ruined it is because of the inept managerial style of the NRL.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=390147&page=33

come and inspect some of the delusion in this thread

mickqld said:
They ( the media) wanted this so too did the NRL. The week lead up being concentrated on Gallop visiting and the bad blood between the NRL -Manly- Storm all around. Everyone is culpable here including Gallop and his provocations and the media beat up prior to the game. What did anyone expect .........HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

2gb were saying the video is on the nrl.com website! No idea those knobjockeys, fine/suspend us but use it on their website

I just still cannot believe Glen would stir up the games ceo in the week leading up to this game then get involved in this, it may just be the stupidest thing I've ever seen a footballer do by quite some margin and unfortunately the club will pay for it.

While what happened with brett was wrong I as a supporter don't want to see it have anymore impact on the club or hear about it again as it's been hugely destabilising and it should be a personal issue kept away from the club.

tookey said:

No way. Apart from the fact he got elbowed, there's no way he could let that go. For a prop, that is part of the litmus test. He gets stood over there by some chucklehead this early in his career he'd be targetted.
The cpl he threw later, when cockhead was on the ground will hurt him though.:(

This is a great opportunity for Gallop to hold out an olive branch to both manly and melbourne. By only taking a measured response he can build bridges he burnt over the last few years. A few closed door meetings and this could all go away.

I'd suggest a smart man would use this situation to his advantage rather than waste it on bitter vengeance.

Stewart and Blair deserve what they get----(and i love the biff just as much as anyone else) to be honest two different camera angles has positives and negatives for each player in relation to instigating the second biff. (My selfish side hopes it's only 1-2 weeks but the horse has bolted on this and it's a minimum of 2-3 weeks at best)

I hate when people stick up for players in relation to a biff or high tackles etc as in "it's not in his nature" well it is if it happened full stop.

The Manly club has stuck by the Stewarts through thick and thin and this could potentially be the 3rd season in a row that our season is being derailed---its a selfish thought process making their issues bigger than the club itself. I'm remaining positive that maybe a prolonged seige mentality will get us through but normally they are short lived.

Players being sent off should always be accompanied by an official from each club----if its not an NRL guideline then it should be and they are partially to blame also.

TC I don't like your insinuation that it's the Stewarts that have derailed our past seasons. You're an opinionated idiot who should know better.

Jerry1 said:
This is a great opportunity for Gallop to hold out an olive branch to both manly and melbourne. By only taking a measured response he can build bridges he burnt over the last few years. A few closed door meetings and this could all go away.

I'd suggest a smart man would use this situation to his advantage rather than waste it on bitter vengeance.

This is the Goose we are talking about....no chance of that happening....he reacts to whatever the media are demanding.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6