NRL Finals VS AFL Finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No I've got absolutely nothing wrong with gay people but that is just what we call afl.. Gayfl and the reason is that they are just far too sad for any rugby league or union fan to watch in their attempts to tackle, they bring someone down like its a merry go round, using their arms and slowly spinning round till they desperately drop the ball for someone else to get. Afl players kick when ever someone is within a 15 metre radius and fumble and chase their way throughout a game, if you call that entertainment well good on you but I just can't see it whatsoever, I just cringe at their "physicality"
You have quite obviously never played the game Harry 'cause if you had I can assure you that you wouldn't be making the comments you make. Your comments smack of ignorancy tbh.

It's a hard thing to compare. Melbournians seem to love the game and their team. I love manly, but I can't say I love rugby league. The game and its admin piss me off much of the time. I won't spend much time or emotion watching the league finals without manly in it. 80 mins of meathead play with regular ref ****-ups take the fun out. Frankly it isn't even fun watching manly play unless we are well in front. I can't look away, but I'm usually on edge.

The refs in the nrl are appalling it's getting to the stage where everyone's teams have been robbed on multiple occasions just this year. It's getting worse as the time goes on and unless the refs change then it's going to lose a lot of fans.

No I've got absolutely nothing wrong with gay people but that is just what we call afl.. Gayfl and the reason is that they are just far too sad for any rugby league or union fan to watch in their attempts to tackle, they bring someone down like its a merry go round, using their arms and slowly spinning round till they desperately drop the ball for someone else to get. Afl players kick when ever someone is within a 15 metre radius and fumble and chase their way throughout a game, if you call that entertainment well good on you but I just can't see it whatsoever, I just cringe at their "physicality"
GAYFL love it. Get a life you PC twits

I think the problem is the game of rugby league is too heavily influenced by officials, and players know that so are constantly playing on ways to take advantage. It's become a sick game of chess rather than a sport. Also, the players are now so tall, so fit, and so fast its like there are 20 players on each side compared to even just the eighties. It's impossible to make plays any more - how many line breaks a game - maybe 6?.
I recently watched some women's rugby league and rugby games, and watching these reminded me of the good old days of league where certain players could dominate and played distinct roles that made them effective. Think Crusher, Phil Blake, Cliffy, In the men's game every player is pretty much the same - fast, big and strong, and not allowed to hurt each other - it's nothing any more. Just back and forth 6 tackles and kick.
NYEagle

Agree wholeheartedly, they are light years in front of the NRL in all aspects. Was at yesterday's game with my boy and the atmosphere was incredible, and there wasn't the ugly cloud of bogan drunks that populate at many league matches.

I will argue that the umpires did play some influence in yesterday's game, they erred in not awarding a mark to Heeney when the scores were still close, the Giants then went upfield and scored (seem to recall a holding call not being given at same period). That was a 12 point play and from there the Giants (already in the ascendancy) took the game away.

That said the Giants were enormous and will make serious inroads into the western heartland. As previously stated the AFL invests well in grassroots, something the NRL fails at. While my boy supports Manly, he is invested in the Giants, why? Because the Giants are active in the schools and know that these kids are their future supporter base and catchment area

As for the game having no skill, physicality etc I would challenge any of you doubters to contest a ruck you will soon change your tune

Last edited:
I think where the Nrl falls a little short is the play the ball area, where players are in that much of a hurry to play the ball quickly that they just roll it under their legs and the ref turns a blind eye.This alone is not good for our game and makes it too easy for attacking players to get on top and it becomes a back and forward romp rather than a game of league.Whatever happened to the rules in this regard and if this is fixed then there would be less frustration in the play the ball resulting in less errors.A team should have to earn a try rather than have it handed to them in this regard.The Nrl does not need a new image,it needs to get rid off one.

I know you may like it and all but I cant stand a minute of it, the game is unbearably boring and maybe because I'm a physical contact fan or maybe because I like watching sports where skills are involved I just can't see it in afl. I have played a game in Melbourne too, no skills required I found.
If you find afl so easy you should definitely take it up professional, pays heaps. I've got no doubt I'll be reading your name in the paper in a decade, about all the brownlow and norm smith medals you've won. Shouldn't be too hard for you to do considering it takes no skill and it's not physically demanding.

I watched most of the Swans V GWS and really enjoyed it. The game was fast and many of the players would be perfect in rugby and league, particularly Buddy Franklin.
I can see what the attraction is. The game moves along quickly and any umpiring errors are quickly forgotten without reviews or player histrionics.
I think the day is coming when Rugby League will be left way behind AFL, due in most part to the terrible administration of RL.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2