NRL & The Voice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I seriuosly don't know if I am going to vote Yes or No. I have aboriginal friends who think its a great idea and others who don't, however, many or most, have no idea what it's actually about, and that's the issue. And, no, I am not indigenous, I just happen to be lucky to have a few friends who are.

I am not a guru, however, we have to look after our young people, indigenous, poyloynesian or not.

I'm in a similar position. I'm leaning towards yes, but ultimately I want to vote for what the Indigenous want. And I mean the average Joe, not those flogs like Lydia Thorpe carrying on like a fukwitt.

Will the Voice genuinely change the lives of Indigenous people? Probably not. But it's a start I guess. If it fails, I can't see anyone bothering to try and fight for change for a very long time.

Haven 't noticed much advertising at all concerning the voice proposals , certainly a bit of hyperbole with public statements which is hardly contributing to a balanced and well considered debate . Not too sure whether Jacinta Price or Warren Mundine are the most creditable individuals to be promoting any No case . Jacina was apparently on a local Alice Springs council for quite some time previously and from indications hardly contributed much at all to any local indigenous improvements . Warren has had an unhealthy grudge against Labor ever since they overlooked him for a senate spot some years ago Very easy to oppose something for the sake of it , different matter coming up with some short or long term better ways of doing or administering indigenous policy . Probably best measure i have noticed recently is enabling kids from indigenous and troubled circumstances to stay in accommodation located on a school ground during a school week and to break that vicious cycle of no proper education and the limitations that that then incurs , not to mention better life style conditions . But the voice is a combination of a few factors that could or have the potential to influence better outcomes , a lot just symbolic which is not going to matter much at all and really a bit overdue . Representation to government bodies proposals , probably would have to be streamlined and nuanced a bit to receive some broader public acceptance . Sporting or other high profile bodies taking a position on social or public policy , certainly their prerogative but maybe not to be encouraged and to conversely discourage any partisan inclined line of thinking . .

It means to be awake. Aware of issues and not happy to be told what to think ie by foxnews.
The non-woke are sleeping into nothingness. They are stuck with 1950's ideologies.
I say Bring back the Biff and Bring back the 50's

Rock and Roll is here to stay Baby

Long Live the King and the Australian Liberal Party

Sing with me feathered friends ...

You can burn my house, steal my car
Drink my liquor from an old fruit-jar
Do anything that you want to do
But uh-uh baby, lay off of my shoes

Elvis Presley, King of Rock N Roll - FunCage

I say Bring back the Biff and Bring back the 50's

Rock and Roll is here to stay Baby

Long Live the King and the Australian Liberal Party

Sing with me feathered friends ...

You can burn my house, steal my car
Drink my liquor from an old fruit-jar
Do anything that you want to do
But uh-uh baby, lay off of my shoes

Elvis Presley, King of Rock N Roll - FunCage
Can "t doubt your good taste in music but what about those blue suede shoes

Not too sure whether Jacinta Price or Warren Mundine are the most creditable individuals to be promoting any No case . Jacina was apparently on a local Alice Springs council for quite some time previously and from indications hardly contributed much at all to any local indigenous improvements . Warren has had an unhealthy grudge against Labor ever since they overlooked him for a senate spot some years ago

I'll put it out there that (I think) they are more creditable that 99.99% of all Australians currently grappling with this.

If they have a 'Voice' on this - pun intended - then it should be listened to. From what I've heard from both so far, it sounds reasonable and logical- and they sound extremely connected across the board to those they are representing, unlike one L Thorpe, who actively promotes division and disaffection. Lydia has come out in the press saying that black people are not capable of racism, only white people - ironically one of the most racist comments I've ever heard.

Jacinta, on the other had, sounds (so far) reasonable/logical/intelligent - she should be considered as a candidate for the highest office in the land at some stage.

Take that, Lydia.

Constitutional recognition, no problem. However, not sure another voice, on top of the 109 existing voices, will make an iota of difference other than line the pockets of a privileged few.

A​

B​

C​

D​

F​

G​

I​

J​

K​

L​

M​

N​

O​

P​

Q​

R​

S​

T​

V​

W​

Y​

Constitutional recognition, no problem. However, not sure another voice, on top of the 109 existing voices, will make an iota of difference other than line the pockets of a privileged few.

A​

B​

C​

D​

F​

G​

I​

J​

K​

L​

M​

N​

O​

P​

Q​

R​

S​

T​

V​

W​

Y​

Good grief ... seems like we need an ear more than another voice ..

I'm not certain we should be so apathetic to a constitutional change ..

Our current constitution (I believe) says that all Australians shall be treated equally ... how even the smallest, even well intentioned change to this can be a good thing escapes me.

Last edited:
Politics might be integrated into sport and perhaps to some degree always was but I am thankful I live in a country where we can at least have this debate and as Australian citizens make our own choices. I hope people on both sides of this can at least appreciate the platform we have. It appears some may take it for granted. Let’s hope this platform above all stays in place..

Last edited:
I'll put it out there that (I think) they are more creditable that 99.99% of all Australians currently grappling with this.

If they have a 'Voice' on this - pun intended - then it should be listened to. From what I've heard from both so far, it sounds reasonable and logical- and they sound extremely connected across the board to those they are representing, unlike one L Thorpe, who actively promotes division and disaffection. Lydia has come out in the press saying that black people are not capable of racism, only white people - ironically one of the most racist comments I've ever heard.

Jacinta, on the other had, sounds (so far) reasonable/logical/intelligent - she should be considered as a candidate for the highest office in the land at some stage.

Take that, Lydia.
Not saying that they [ or those pair ] or anyone else with a view on the topic
should not get a fair hearing or be listened to . However just what i have noticed , just provide some better objectivity and a view which in many instances just seems skewered towards partisan political posturing or even worse bordering on petty scaremongering and negativity . Not saying that they don 't have some valid points but they are also associating themselves or receiving financial support from some blatantly political [ some might say quite radical groupings ] . would have been a much better look to have a more independent arrangement . anyway just a repetition in many ways with the eventual acceptance of Marbo and of course some genuine and legitimate opposition to that but also unfortunately quite a few reactionary forces opposing that modest proposal . Of course to exercise some degree of caution when any matter is being considered to be included in the constitution . Not the end of the world if it does or does not get up even if it is finally presented in some consensus based form . in any case still a bit of work required to have any proposal to get to that stage and personally i am still waiting until the final proposal before making a decision but also think presently that the good intentions and principal of the matter can not be doubted . Less said about Lydia Thorpe the better .

If you’re a committed Labor / Yes voter then I’m not surprised.

As I’ve said from the start , I’m all for recognising indigenous Australia in our constitution.

But this “ treaty “ bull** is just a con for “ give us a ** load more money “.

We do NOT need division , and this will divide.

That’s her basic message.

But as a committed Labor / Yes voter you won’t see that , and fair enough , we can’t all be the same.

I dont think its party orientated at all.

I am sure Simon Birmingham and his fellow coalition pollies who are in favour dont vote Labor. As i am sure there will Labor pollies vote No (even if they dont admit it). I even seen one of the Sky News presenters talking up Yes - go figure.

I guess some will follow their team. But it doesnt look like it when you consider the dominance of Labor at a state and federal level compared to only 43% in favour (or thereabouts last time I cared to look). I guess the numbers of "undecided" are the crucial ones.

I am surprised you dont think their is division now? There certainly is in NSW where I live.

Last edited:
I dont think its party orientated at all.

I am sure Simon Birmingham and his fellow coalition pollies who are in favour dont vote Labor. As i am sure their will Labor pollies vote No (even if they dont admit it). I even seen one of the Sky News presenters talking up Yes - go figure.

I guess some will follow their team. But it doesnt look like it when you consider the dominance of Labor at a state and federal level compared to only 43% in favour (or thereabouts last time I cared to look). I guess the numbers of "undecided" are the crucial ones.

I am surprised you dont think their is division now? There certainly is in NSW where I live.
Libs have freedom to vote which ever way they wish, and say what they want.

Some Labor members might hate it but wouldn’t dare say it out aloud.

It seems a bit harsh to suggest (if you are coz I dont want to put words in your mouth) that the many people that came from far and wide to put the Statement from the Heart document together at Uluru, were not genuine. I think people are mistaken by simply labeling this an Albenese initiative. And again, I have no interest in telling people what to think but I do think it needs to be assessed objectively. I'm more than happy to consider some real alternatives from the No advocates but so far there's been nothing but meaningless platitudes and telling me we'll all be at each others throats if this goes ahead. But anyway ..... how about those Sea Eagles?? Actually, get back to me on Monday about that one. @:D
I like the q&a that was posed to Senator Price.(Below) I don’t think the now Australian Unity group have all the answers (some will say they haven’t got any). But what I believe they are trying to say is, "hey, we’ve been down this road several times. It doesn’t work. We need to bring in the voices of marginalised indigenous communities."
Also what makes this proposal much more important than anything else that has gone before it, is the fact this would be written into our constitution. You can’t take that out if it is voted in.

There are 11 Aboriginal MPs and senators. What role would another body play that isn't already being voiced in the parliament?​

The nepotism and lateral violence are already present in our existing structures and that is what needs to be confronted, reviewed and addressed because that's where much of the dysfunction lies when addressing Indigenous issues. It is not just governments that have failed to close the gap, but it is the multi-million-dollar Aboriginal organisations that have been funded to close the gap with little to no accountability. The Voice lends itself to duplicating this structure but then existing within our constitution where it can never be dismantled.

The Voice Perspective time .....

The Manly Voice
and Chairman of the Board of our Legendary Manly Football club
The Legendary Cliffy Lyons

1991 Stimorol Rugby League Card no 157, Cliff Lyons, Manly, 1990 Dally ...

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Not sure why anyone would base their view on one or two extreme voices unless it confirms a bias / view they have
Who are these 'extreme voices' of whom you speak?

And who is / are the folk basing their views on said extreme voices?

Libs have freedom to vote which ever way they wish, and say what they want.

Some Labor members might hate it but wouldn’t dare say it out aloud.

Not much chance of them disagreeing in the WA parliment.

Well I guess its 50/50 with 2 elected members out of 59, even the Nationals have twice as many with 4.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8