NRL & The Voice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is just one of many areas where governments have a huge impact on sporting bodies ..

Today the Coalition calls on the Minns Government to reinstate funding for the $100 Active Kids Vouchers
💵

The vouchers, which provided $100 for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year
🏃‍♀️
⚽️
🏏
are currently subject to Labor’s ‘Comprehensive Expenditure Review’ and are facing the axe
🪓

The vouchers have significantly increased participation in sport across the Coffs Coast, with more than six million vouchers provided to families across NSW since 2018.
I’ve seen first-hand the difference these vouchers have made, particularly as the cost of living has increased.

This program is the biggest grassroots sport funding initiative in Australia and has driven huge increases in participation in all sports – it is worthy of funding.

Maybe their to afraid to put on a full on NO vote campaign on TV. Jacinta Price and Warren Mundine did a limited amount of no vote ads on TV, and the no vote shot up to 39 and the yes vote went down big time to 43 and the rest undecided.

WE ARE ONE TOGETHER, NOT TWO DIVIDED.

Here’s some great news, and I wanted you to be the first to hear it.
Aboriginal businessman Nyunggai Warren Mundine has announced he is joining you and me on board ADVANCE’s FAIR AUSTRALIA ‘no’ campaign!
Warren is already on the front lines fighting against the divisive Voice.
Now with FAIR AUSTRALIA’s firepower behind him, he will be a force multiplier for the ‘no’ case.
The way I see it is that we have a chance to unify the country behind a ‘no’ vote at the coming referendum.
How do we do that? By sending our powerful ‘NO!’ message as far and as wide as possible.
You and I both know the Voice will divide Australians by race.
The only way to stop it is by sticking together and making sure everyone campaigning against it is singing like a choir.
All of us working together, that’s how we’re going to get this done.
WarrenJP.jpg

Because that’s how we make yourvoice louder than ever.
That’s how we make sure you’re heard in every lounge room and workplace in the country.
There are now more than 130,000 Australians who have taken FAIR AUSTRALIA’s pledge to fight against the Voice.
It’s an honour to welcome Warren as one of us.
I’m looking forward to fighting alongside him in the battle ahead.
Yours in unity,
JP_Signature.png
Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price
on behalf of FAIR AUSTRALIA
About FAIR AUSTRALIA
Powered by ADVANCE, led by Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price, Fair Australia is a grassroots movement of Australians pledged to vote ‘NO’ in Labor’s Voice to Parliament referendum.

Fair Australia is campaigning to demonstrate to mainstream Australians that the Voice is divisive, dangerous, expensive and not fair.

open

Aboriginal businessman Nyunggai Warren Mundine has announced he is joining you and me on board ADVANCE’s FAIR AUSTRALIA ‘no’ campaign!
Now with FAIR AUSTRALIA’s firepower behind him, he will be a force multiplier for the ‘no’ case.
The way I see it is that we have a chance to unify the country behind a ‘no’ vote at the coming referendum.
How do we do that? By sending our powerful ‘NO!’ message as far and as wide as possible.
The only way to stop it is by sticking together and making sure everyone campaigning against it is singing like a choir.
WarrenJP.jpg

That’s how we make sure you’re heard in every lounge room and workplace in the country.
There are now more than 130,000 Australians who have taken FAIR AUSTRALIA’s pledge to fight against the Voice.
Yours in unity,
JP_Signature.png
About FAIR AUSTRALIA
Powered by ADVANCE, led by Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price, Fair Australia is a grassroots movement of Australians pledged to vote ‘NO’ in Labor’s Voice to Parliament referendum.

Fair Australia is campaigning to demonstrate to mainstream Australians that the Voice is divisive, dangerous, expensive and not fair.

open
I don't get it. Is she being deliberately ironic by calling her group Fair Australia??!!

WarrenJP.jpg

Yours in unity,
JP_Signature.png
About FAIR AUSTRALIA

open
She’s really nailed it ( if you read what she says ) , she’s a proud aboriginal woman who wants better things for her culture but she doesn’t think “ The Voice “ is the way to do it.

ATSIC failed and cost billions , this will fail too , cost unknown.

This is just one of many areas where governments have a huge impact on sporting bodies ..

Today the Coalition calls on the Minns Government to reinstate funding for the $100 Active Kids Vouchers
💵

The vouchers, which provided $100 for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year
🏃‍♀️
⚽️
🏏
are currently subject to Labor’s ‘Comprehensive Expenditure Review’ and are facing the axe
🪓

The vouchers have significantly increased participation in sport across the Coffs Coast, with more than six million vouchers provided to families across NSW since 2018.
I’ve seen first-hand the difference these vouchers have made, particularly as the cost of living has increased.

This program is the biggest grassroots sport funding initiative in Australia and has driven huge increases in participation in all sports – it is worthy of funding.
They need to monitor the clubs who jack up their rego fee's by the exact same amount as the voucher

I don't get it. Is she being deliberately ironic by calling her group Fair Australia??!!
I like to think she and the group are trying to be realistic. She is out in the indigenous camps speaking with the elders genuinely asking what they think the Voice should be about.(Not going out there for an Albo day, and photo opportunities).
I’ve always liked Warren Mundine. He is not afraid to have a go at his own people when he feels it necessary. He, in my mind, is the "fair" part of the group.

She’s really nailed it ( if you read what she says ) , she’s a proud aboriginal woman who wants better things for her culture but she doesn’t think “ The Voice “ is the way to do it.

ATSIC failed and cost billions , this will fail too , cost unknown.
Sorry Mark, I'm missing something you're seeing. She's doing the classic scare routine and then offers zero options other than a meaningless "we'll all work together" dribble. And as Ive noted several times in this thread, I have no interest in telling people what they should do but I can't get excited about what she's offering. Which is nothing.

I like to think she and the group are trying to be realistic. She is out in the indigenous camps speaking with the elders genuinely asking what they think the Voice should be about.(Not going out there for an Albo day, and photo opportunities).
I’ve always liked Warren Mundine. He is not afraid to have a go at his own people when he feels it necessary. He, in my mind, is the "fair" part of the group.
It seems a bit harsh to suggest (if you are coz I dont want to put words in your mouth) that the many people that came from far and wide to put the Statement from the Heart document together at Uluru, were not genuine. I think people are mistaken by simply labeling this an Albenese initiative. And again, I have no interest in telling people what to think but I do think it needs to be assessed objectively. I'm more than happy to consider some real alternatives from the No advocates but so far there's been nothing but meaningless platitudes and telling me we'll all be at each others throats if this goes ahead. But anyway ..... how about those Sea Eagles?? Actually, get back to me on Monday about that one. @:D

It seems a bit harsh to suggest (if you are coz I dont want to put words in your mouth) that the many people that came from far and wide to put the Statement from the Heart document together at Uluru, were not genuine. I think people are mistaken by simply labeling this an Albenese initiative. And again, I have no interest in telling people what to think but I do think it needs to be assessed objectively. I'm more than happy to consider some real alternatives from the No advocates but so far there's been nothing but meaningless platitudes and telling me we'll all be at each others throats if this goes ahead. But anyway ..... how about those Sea Eagles?? Actually, get back to me on Monday about that one. @:D

But ... it is not the obligation of the no side to try and prove a negative ... or offer you alternatives

It is the obligation of the yes side to prove this will be of great benefit to the indigenous people and the country as a whole.

And insinuating that people are racist if they vote no ... or shamelessly trying to shame people into voting yes ... or crying Australia will be internationally embarrassed if we don't vote yes .... is hardly the in depth stuff of intelligent constitutional management.

I
But ... it is not the obligation of the no side to try and prove a negative ... or offer you alternatives

It is the obligation of the yes side to prove this will be of great benefit to the indigenous people and the country as a whole.

And insinuating that people are racist if they vote no ... or shamelessly trying to shame people into voting yes ... or crying Australia will be internationally embarrassed if we don't vote yes .... is hardly the in depth stuff of intelligent constitutional management.
I don't think I've said that if you vote no you are automatically a rascist Woodsie. Unless you mean people that are advocating a yes vote. I think to be fair, its only been a small minority that have implied that. I don't quite agree that in a debate (and that's essentially what this is) the case against a yes vote can simply offer nothing as a retort. There is an awful lot of info out there from the yes advocates and I dare say there will (and should) be more. I can't agree that on an issue such as this, that those advocating No, can just go "it aint gunna work" and then pull down the blind. But thats just me.

I seriuosly don't know if I am going to vote Yes or No. I have aboriginal friends who think its a great idea and others who don't, however, many or most, have no idea what it's actually about, and that's the issue. And, no, I am not indigenous, I just happen to be lucky to have a few friends who are.

I am not a guru, however, we have to look after our young people, indigenous, poyloynesian or not.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8