NRL & The Voice

Just with regard to the fact that yes race is mentioned within the constitution. Thankyou for educating us on that. From reading the above though it gives Parliament the power to do so. This does not mean that it should. And I would support a motion to have that amended.

I think if the referendum was purely about having recognition for the fact that Aboriginal people were here for many thousands of years, then most if not all would agree. But that's not what the referendum question is about. It's about giving some individuals more say than others based upon their race. It is scary to think that a person has more power over government because of whose birth canal they fell out of.

I wouldn’t vote yes or no on party lines , if I thought it would fix the navy issues I’d wholeheartedly vote yes , but I don’t , so it’s a no from me.

Absolutely no issues with indigenous recognition in the constitution.

But “ the Voice “ and powers they might have are just plain scary.

Too many issues.

I fear we are like USA just 50 years behind them.

I am glad to be as old as I am.

According to the woke left they're all suffering from internalised white supremacy.
I am not saying this is a good or bad thing but a significant amount of people who claim to be Aboriginal also possess a large amount of the so called white supremacy genealogy. In short they look white, while others are somewhere in between. We are all the same at the end of the day and need to find a way to get over it. I don’t think this referendum no matter the result will change much on that particular front.

I don’t think this referendum no matter the result will change much on that particular front.

Thats my thoughts basically.

I would prefer a group of say 50 or 60 Aboriginal leaders representing all states and political backgrounds sit down and come up with a definitive solution to any and all issues.

Last edited:
So should 19 other sports then?

and all of them financially at the mercy of Labor governments for the next 4 years ...

Strange how something that is tracking roughly 50/50 in opinions .. is tracking 100/100 in support from government dependent bodies ...

It's Just a coincidence ... yep ... just a coincidence ..

Pleeeeese ..

and all of them financially at the mercy of Labor governments for the next 4 years ...

Strange how something that is tracking roughly 50/50 in opinions .. is tracking 100/100 in support from government dependent bodies ...

It's Just a coincidence ... yep ... just a coincidence ..

Pleeeeese ..
So the voice is based on support for the Uluru statement first in 2017 and again on 2020 when the coalition was in power

You honestly think this was a long game by all the sporting codes based on a belief that the government might change?

I can understand (kinda) if you disagree with the voice but to say that sporting codes are doing due to some sort of funding impact just does not make sense

Was that really necessary?
The NRL getting 'Uncle Karl' to get dressed up & try to influence people, as to which way to vote.
NRL should leave all that stuff well alone.

The bloke went off script during welcome to country and got cut off. I doubt he will be invited back to future ceremonies.

I don't buy into this idea that the NRL is forced into taking a stance for funding. Corporates almost always endorse whatever the latest trend is, if it's wrapped up in some feel-good messaging. It is insurance for their brand next time they have some public relations issue which in this case might be an indigenous player copping racist slurs from the crowd, so that they can point to their endorsement of the Voice and minimise negative publicity. Also stops people digging for the next thing to get upset about

Sporting bodies don't care or want to know if it's a terrible idea that won't achieve what it aims to, they are just taking the option that they believe will be safest for their bottom line

Last edited:
The level of success of Major sporting organisations is completely in the hands of Government.

From grass root parental financial support for fees, to ground allocation and upkeep, to major facility construction, to betting agency advertising laws and tax rates .. even bidding for major events like SOO or Grandfinals, etc

To exert pressure ... Government doesn't need to do much ... just a junior minister interviewed saying he will be "discussing a review" of the advertising laws for Gambling agencies ... and every sporting CEO in the country would need therapy ... let alone upgrades to Brookie, Leichhardt etc

You honestly think this was a long game by all the sporting codes based on a belief that the government might change?

I can understand (kinda) if you disagree with the voice but to say that sporting codes are doing due to some sort of funding impact just does not make sense

ask yourself ... if opinion is split 50/50 in the community ... what are the mathematical odds that 100% of sporting bodies that have commented on the voice support it .... astronomical is the answer.

The odds that you would get 20 sporting bodies supporting the Voice without 1 sporting body opposing is about one chance in one million and forty eight thousand five hundred and seventy six .. 1/1,048,576

Not only has not one sporting body come out against supporting Albo ... NOT ONE has even had the courage to publicly say that they don't feel it's their place to advice people on political matters ... Why not?

Do you honestly think the CEO's of every major sporting body woke up on the same day and suddenly announced that they wished to jump in and advise their members on political matters ..

Why are they doing it ... no one would have normally expected them to .... unless they were all contacted and pressured ...

Why has not one code said ... yeah, nah nothing to do with us champion ... not one ...

Do you honestly think the CEO's of every major sporting body woke up on the same day and suddenly announced that they wished to jump in and advise their members on political matters ..
Haha you guys are funny. Don't you agree the NRL endorsed the Uluru statement ...years ago?!!
I guess you didn't notice or you might have tried to expose this outrage way back then!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2