• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What is consistent is that the incumbents are losing, not a talented opposition winning it. BTW the money the Nationals spent in Port and Tamworth on advertising would build a new hospital - every 10 minutes for 1/12 weeks every channel.

I think Federal Labor should be seriously concerned. They will get totally whipped unless Gillard starts smacking the Independants around and starts delivering on something worthwhile.

To be fair to Barry he finally came up with a raft of decent policy commitments in the last week. It took a ridiculous amount of time for him to do so but at least he can be measured.

Julia Foolia has one problem that she can't get away from....he's the "shadow" Prime Minister, Bob Brown...he "owns" her (almost) at present and certainly will after 1st July.

I just hope all the stupid ****ers that voted for the Greens get well and truly ****ed over as a result, they deserve everythin they get!

Turnbull supports climate change pollicies so he can't lead in the next election.

With Abbot there is a distinct opposition which why labor will get smashed especially now that the greens will get rooted.

elegant as always mate :)

I am no fan of the libs but to be honest my opinion on that is changing somewhat. The entire Australian political scene is a mess

Bottom line

Labor is ****ed

Greens are idiots

Time to give the conservatives a go to restore order and then as has been the case over the years **** them off too when they get too smug.

Seems to be the way we do things these days!!

C'mon Bazza - within hours?? Who needs ASIC or the large accounting firms with O'Farrell at the helm? I guess that means that every promise is gone on the first day. Usually pollies wait at least a few days to unveil the horror........

"THE Premier, Barry O'Farrell, has announced the discovery of a $4.5 billion hole in the budget hours after taking office, and accused Labor of ''cooking the books like never before'' to hide the true financial position of the state."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/state-election-2011/labor-cooked-the-books-20110328-1cdjl.html

Is it any wonder that no one trusts the bastards.

i honestly think that any more than 2 in a row is too much for either side. At least the yanks have that at the president level.

would love to see fatty obarrell come through on his promises but wont hold my breath.

It's a tradition when you come to office to say the previous government didn't let on how bad things were.  That way they never have to deliver on what they said they would. 

Aah but remember Gronk Howard came into a basket case...and despite what has been said about him, created (along with Costello) a situation where we were in the black for the first time in many years. he even created the "future fund" (which Krudd spent by giving us all $700 for big screen TV's).

I think with responsible spending, and cuts where needed Farry O'Barrell can bring NSW back into surplus maybe within 2 terms.

Then the radicals will want the money and kick them out out in favour of the next "big thing" in Labor.

Sadly it's the way politics seems to run in Australia....Labor spends it, the Liberals save it, then the people kick the Liberals out because they won't spend fast enough and away the circle goes again.

Pretty soon the Conservatives will rule Australia....maybe until about 2016-2018 and by then it will be a Labor Revolution again.

Mark, please stop with persisting with myths from 30 years ago. :)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
he even created the \"future fund\" (which Krudd spent by giving us all $700 for big screen TV's).

The Future Fund is controlled by a parliamentary Act to cover public sector superannuation liabilities. It has and never will be used for any other purpose.

Labor spends it, the Liberals save it, then the people kick the Liberals out because they won't spend fast enough and away the circle goes again.

Once again the same stuff trotted out. Read people like Ross Gittens and you will know that Howard was the largest spending government in our history, prior to the need for solving the GFC problems.

I'm going to leave it there. Obviously no one will change Lib supporter minds but I hope we get better thought processes on here than on red-neck radio. :p

Aah but remember Gronk Howard came into a basket case...and despite what has been said about him, created (along with Costello) a situation where we were in the black for the first time in many years. he even created the \"future fund\" (which Krudd spent by giving us all $700 for big screen TV's).

I think with responsible spending, and cuts where needed Farry O'Barrell can bring NSW back into surplus maybe within 2 terms.

Then the radicals will want the money and kick them out out in favour of the next \"big thing\" in Labor.

Sadly it's the way politics seems to run in Australia....Labor spends it, the Liberals save it, then the people kick the Liberals out because they won't spend fast enough and away the circle goes again.

Pretty soon the Conservatives will rule Australia....maybe until about 2016-2018 and by then it will be a Labor Revolution again.

Yeah well that's all just partisan bull**** Mark. 

I said every government does this announcement as a tradition, not a particular party.

As for one party spending and another saving, well Rudd won in 2007 saying "this kind of reckless spending must stop" and people agreed with him. 

The libs are just as bad as anyone, but lets face it, if they had been in when the GFC had come, and done what the ALP did to avoid us going in to a recession, you would have been heralding them as genuises. 

In the end I try to be a realist and I can see that what we get to choose from is one party that is incompetent, or one that is evil. 

I'll choose incompetent because at least there is hope there. 

As for people denying climate change exists, lets just say that most scientists think the case for climate change is stronger than the case for the earth not being flat. 

Jeez you boys bite well.

Really I must stay away from Political debate, I am not much of a debator anyway and you guys always shoot me down with facts....and **** I was ripped off should have been $900 (and probaby was).....I seem to remember my wife saying "we can afford that new Washing Machine now" so not that I got to spend it.

The next federal election will be Abbott v Gillard. Turnbull is done, and will not take the opposition to an election any time soon. The polling on him is terrible, even if the polling you are shown in the papers doesn't show it.

The problem is that he is every labor voters favorite Lib, the problem with that is Labor voters will still vote Labor. It is much like Beazley. The number of Lib supporters who said to me that they hated Labor but that Beazley was ok was huge, but they still voted for Howard.

Abbott has a very firm grip on the Lib leadership, it remains to be seen if he can turn that into a stay in the lodge, but do remember that he is only a few seats off winning if you assume as most now do that the two NSW independents will fall to the nationals.

Jeez you boys bite well.

Really I must stay away from Political debate, I am not much of a debator anyway and you guys always shoot me down with facts....and s**t I was ripped off should have been $900 (and probaby was).....I seem to remember my wife saying \"we can afford that new Washing Machine now\" so not that I got to spend it.

Good on you for taking it so well Mark. I thought later I was probably a bit harsh. :)

Rusty link said:
The next federal election will be Abbott v Gillard. Turnbull is done, and will not take the opposition to an election any time soon. The polling on him is terrible, even if the polling you are shown in the papers doesn't show it.

The problem is that he is every labor voters favorite Lib, the problem with that is Labor voters will still vote Labor. It is much like Beazley. The number of Lib supporters who said to me that they hated Labor but that Beazley was ok was huge, but they still voted for Howard.

Abbott has a very firm grip on the Lib leadership, it remains to be seen if he can turn that into a stay in the lodge, but do remember that he is only a few seats off winning if you assume as most now do that the two NSW independents will fall to the nationals.

The carbon tax debate is likely to take down one of the two present leaders - its already taken down three so far.  It's going to pass the parliament, and once in will be a lot like the GST - not as bad as scare campaigns made out.  So my money is on it being Abbott.  Morevoer opposition leaders hardly ever last 4 years these days.  The way Abbott is flailing about trying to get an election ASAP I think he knows this too. 

I hope I am wrong though.  I would like the ALP's chances of knocking down Abbott after four years of his behavior. 

And I'll take independent polling over internal party polling any day, no matter how important it makes you feel when you get to see it.  Less agendas there. 

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=187102.msg328357#msg328357 date=1301366504]
Jeez you boys bite well.

Really I must stay away from Political debate, I am not much of a debator anyway and you guys always shoot me down with facts....and s**t I was ripped off should have been $900 (and probaby was).....I seem to remember my wife saying \"we can afford that new Washing Machine now\" so not that I got to spend it.

Good on you for taking it so well Mark. I thought later I was probably a bit harsh. :)
[/quote]

I rarely take anything to badly, except if people have a shot at me for doing my job and what I do (and how hard I work at it), that irks me a lot...but hey I ride a Triumph and hang **** on any Harley riders (and they are vice versa), I am conservative and hang **** on Labor voters (and vice versa), I prefer red wine and you may prefer white and we can argue until the cows come home but it's very rare for me to be upset about something like that.

Now have a go at me about the good work I do for the club and supporters and that's another thing...a few have tried that and I have fired up deluxe.....but Politics, no way....really they are all arseholes anyway, they lie, they cheat, they are there just for the Super so no point becoming bad friends over a throw away comment!

thinking of talking my misses into running next election

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301441809[/time]

For anyone who is still misguided he is just another typical Poly who bends the truth.

Black hole will soon become pothole Matt Wade
March 30, 2011

Click to play video Return to video
Video feedback
Use this form to:

Ask for technichal assistance in playing the multimedia available on this site, or
Provide feedback to the multimedia producers.
Video feedback form
Name 
Email 
Subject  Technical help Feedback to producers Other
Comments 

Return to video
Video feedback
Thank you.
Your feedback was successfully sent.
More video
Recommended
Click to play video
Inside Line: Hydrogen future?
Click to play video
Abbott under pressure to support tax cut
Click to play video
Keating weighs in on 'dead men' of Labor
Click to play video
Ponting: an end or a new beginning?
Replay video Return to video
Video settings
What type of connection do you have?

Video settings form
Automatically detect my connection speed (recommended)  56K modem  Home broadband (100+ Kb/s)  Medium-speed broadband (300+ Kb/s)  High-speed broadband (600+ Kb/s)
Note: A cookie will be set to keep your preferences.
Return to video
Video settings
Your video format settings have been saved.
O'Farrell: Budget shock not to sideline promises
NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell maintains his commitment to election promises despite 'shocking' budgetry hole inherited from Labor.

Video feedback Video settings Video will begin in 3 seconds.
Don't play
Play now
THE budget black hole is less alarming than Barry O'Farrell would have voters believe.

The deterioration in the budget outlook will certainly make it more difficult for the new Premier to finance his election promises and deliver budget surpluses. But when you compare the $4.5 billion black hole between now and mid-2015, with what O'Farrell's government will spend in that period, it looks a bit more like a pothole. That $4.5 billion is less than 2 per cent of the $248 billion that NSW can be expected to spend on its activities over the next four years.

Financial markets were not too fazed by O'Farrell's warning. Market analysts said the new budget figures were unlikely to even cause a review of the state's premium AAA credit rating. Analysis by Michael Turner, from RBC Capital Markets, suggests the predicted growth in NSW financial liabilities would not be enough to trigger a credit rating review, even if O'Farrell did nothing to plug the budget hole he has found.

Advertisement: Story continues below More than half the black hole was found in the preliminary, unpublished estimates for the financial year 2014-15. Forecasts that far off ''are inherently unreliable'', Turner said.

If O'Farrell had used conventional government budgeting norms and considered only Treasury's official forward estimate period up to 2013-14, his black hole would have shrunk to $2.1 billion.

The headlines after his budget announcement probably left many voters believing NSW faces a deficit of $4.5 billion. In fact, the black hole is the estimated variation from cumulative budget surpluses projected until 2013-14 added to the unpublished estimated deficit for 2014-15. The cumulative total of deficits over the new forward estimates comes to just under $1.6 billion.

The figures actually show the O'Farrell government will start off with bigger budget surpluses than forecast last December for this financial year and next.

An extra $226 million is now forecast in those two years.

Nevertheless, NSW voters can expect to hear about the budget black hole for a long time yet. The mother of all black holes - the $10 billion one revealed by Peter Costello when he became federal treasurer in 1996 - was an integral part of the Howard government's political rhetoric for more than a decade. Hansard shows the shadow treasurer, Joe Hockey, was still telling Parliament about the ''Beazley black hole'' in 2008, more than 12 years after it was unearthed.

The carbon tax is electoral poison.  If Gillard takes it to the next election it will be a bloodbath.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4