NSW & Holden Cups - Round 4 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Sydney Roosters wish to advise that due to the recent heavy rain, the Round 4 Holden Cup match between the Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles has been rescheduled.

This action has been taken by Allianz Stadium management as a precaution to preserve the integrity of the field for the Round 4 NRL match between the Sydney Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, scheduled for kick-off at 7.40pm tomorrow night (Friday, March 28).

Consequently, the Holden Cup match between the Roosters and Sea Eagles will now be contested on Saturday, March 29 at 3.00pm at St Marys Leagues Stadium (corner Forrester & Boronia Rds, St Marys). Entry to this match is free.

Gates at Allianz Open will still open at 5.00pm on Friday night with the NRL grand final rematch between the Sydney Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles commencing at 7.40pm.

HappilyManly said:
The Sydney Roosters wish to advise that due to the recent heavy rain, the Round 4 Holden Cup match between the Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles has been rescheduled.

This action has been taken by Allianz Stadium management as a precaution to preserve the integrity of the field for the Round 4 NRL match between the Sydney Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, scheduled for kick-off at 7.40pm tomorrow night (Friday, March 28).

Consequently, the Holden Cup match between the Roosters and Sea Eagles will now be contested on Saturday, March 29 at 3.00pm at St Marys Leagues Stadium (corner Forrester & Boronia Rds, St Marys). Entry to this match is free.

Gates at Allianz Open will still open at 5.00pm on Friday night with the NRL grand final rematch between the Sydney Roosters and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles commencing at 7.40pm.

So the schedule on that ground on Saturday afternoon will be:

3:00PM:

HOLDEN CUP - Round 4 - Sydney Roosters Vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

5:00PM:

HAROLD MATTHEWS - Round 7 - Western Sydney Academy of Sport Vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

6:30PM:

SG BALL - Round 7 - Western Sydney Academy of Sport Vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Darren said:
I like Eagle Rock's stuff but wasn't sure of the juniors leaving for better places. Lama Tasi?? Hoppa got $800k so couldn't stop him. Ken Edwards? Joey Lussick and Darcy???

Michael Oldfield was another, Fabian Natoli now playing 1sts for Manly Rugby with Italian Rugby after him. Was disappointed when he left Manly as he has more opportunities in League than rugby, a great player, could also play half and 5/8 as well, but played mostly at hooker during his time here and halfback in rugby
As someone who has spent a lot of time in both codes, I have got to know quite a few up and coming players through work.

tookey said:
Darren said:
I like Eagle Rock's stuff but wasn't sure of the juniors leaving for better places. Lama Tasi?? Hoppa got $800k so couldn't stop him. Ken Edwards? Joey Lussick and Darcy???

Aaron Groom?

I think he is playing for Norths Sydney now.

Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:
Eagle Rock, I must now have read 20 of your posts giving it to the two lower grade coaches. You may be 100% correct; you certainly have a lot of knowledge about the players.
But is there an 'agenda' behind your vendetta? Are you a coach that wants the job, perhaps?
Have you spent time watching these other Manly Teams ? If not maybe you should then you will see what I mean. I just don't watch 1sts but make an effort to watch the lot if I can.

I do watch them when they play at Brookie - not necessarily all of the match because it means getting to the ground many hours before the first grade. I wonder why the lower grades are so weak. I bow to your knowledge on the reason, which is squarely placed on the coaches, not the players. So, my query to you was: are you just a keen supporter of the club from the sideline looking in (like me) or do you have a lot more inside knowledge? Are you a coach, or a parent of one of the players?
Cheers,

The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:
Eagle Rock, I must now have read 20 of your posts giving it to the two lower grade coaches. You may be 100% correct; you certainly have a lot of knowledge about the players.
But is there an 'agenda' behind your vendetta? Are you a coach that wants the job, perhaps?
Have you spent time watching these other Manly Teams ? If not maybe you should then you will see what I mean. I just don't watch 1sts but make an effort to watch the lot if I can.

I do watch them when they play at Brookie - not necessarily all of the match because it means getting to the ground many hours before the first grade. I wonder why the lower grades are so weak. I bow to your knowledge on the reason, which is squarely placed on the coaches, not the players. So, my query to you was: are you just a keen supporter of the club from the sideline looking in (like me) or do you have a lot more inside knowledge? Are you a coach, or a parent of one of the players?
Cheers,

I was a selector for both codes, so know most of the boys or heard of them. It Irks me to see so many basic mistakes being made, plus I want to see the other grades do just as well as 1sts as it makes the club look strong.

Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:

Cheers,

I was a selector for both codes, so know most of the boys or heard of them. It Irks me to see so many basic mistakes being made, plus I want to see the other grades do just as well as 1sts as it makes the club look strong.

Understood. You certainly speak from authority and it's good to read your reports as most of us are interested in the lower grades yet don't often see them. If you say we need new coaches then that's good enough for me. Certainly the success records of both is low.

Gents,

Is it not a bit simplistic to equate success with number of games won?

A number of players in key positions has been brought through (both through the juniors and from other clubs). Surely overall success of lower grades includes how many players have been brought through etc

HOLDEN CUP Fulltime Score:

Sydney Roosters 46 defeated Manly Sea Eagles 24

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4