NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DCE and Snake. Two players who should have had lengthy SOO careers but both have had unfortunate timing/luck.

Add Orford to that. He was the form half for most of the post-Johns period but every time he was fit they picked some other nufty in his place, and every time he was about to be picked he got injured.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Now that Roberts is injured it will probably be Turbo at centre. Unless Aitken has an absolute blinder this weekend.

I'm miffed that Cordner was an instant selection. He will be worst on ground.

Really hope Turbo doesn’t play origin. Give him another year to learn safer play.
Origin is played at such a high level that his errors will be exposed. This could lead to him being very down on confidence.
Next year he will be primed and a little wiser.

Jake on the other hand should be captain. He is the long term option and will play every game over the next 10 years if fit.

Cordner will be out played, and out enthused by Jake, De Bellin and Fritzell in my opinion.

Last edited:
Danny Buderus just basically said Tedesco will be FB in game 1, with Turbo somewhere in there likely being the wing.

To be honest I’m not sure about it. I think Turbo either gets picked at FB or not at all.
I don’t think Turbo is up to fullback in SOO yet- too many issues positionally for him. I would play him at centre where he has always played well when put there.

I don’t think Turbo is up to fullback in SOO yet- too many issues positionally for him. I would play him at centre where he has always played well when put there.
Yup agreed - as a fullback he hasn't consistently produced this year and a shocker or two at Origin level is the last thing the young fella needs atm

This will be the most unpredictable NSW selected squad . The eccentric Fittler will make sure of it

This will be the most unpredictable NSW selected squad . The eccentric Fittler will make sure of it
With the players coming through for NSW, even Freddy will struggle to botch this side up. That is, as long as he doesn’t pick Moses at halfback.

Let's hope that Hodko can play his way back into contention .....
NSW Match winning SOO series halfback Hodko
af642f569db853bcacc56bcd3de2f370.jpg

I'm surprised that people are so buoyant about our chances. I look at the Queensland backline and then I look at the best of what we can cobble together and it worries me. When untried, flaky options like Addo Carr, Mitchell and Roberts are being touted as our saviours it worries me. Then we are planning on playing an inexperienced and inconsistent Turbo in there as well, or that muppet Ferguson. Aitken might be able to defend but where is his attacking prowess ?? Tedesco hasn't been setting the world alight like everyone thought he would once he partnered up with the great Cooper Cronk - why will he suddenly dominate Origin in an inexperienced side ?

If Slater is out then that will help our cause, but they'll just throw the equally experienced Darius Bennett in his spot. At least their halves will be as green as ours, so that evens the playing field a bit.

I'm surprised that people are so buoyant about our chances. I look at the Queensland backline and then I look at the best of what we can cobble together and it worries me. When untried, flaky options like Addo Carr, Mitchell and Roberts are being touted as our saviours it worries me. Then we are planning on playing an inexperienced and inconsistent Turbo in there as well, or that muppet Ferguson. Aitken might be able to defend but where is his attacking prowess ?? Tedesco hasn't been setting the world alight like everyone thought he would once he partnered up with the great Cooper Cronk - why will he suddenly dominate Origin in an inexperienced side ?

If Slater is out then that will help our cause, but they'll just throw the equally experienced Darius Bennett in his spot. At least their halves will be as green as ours, so that evens the playing field a bit.

Nsw 76 Qld 0

Ok. Surely tommy can't be picked.

On the last try he doesn't turn and run with any gusto. DCE ran after and at least Tried to hit the ball out.

And obviously he seriously stuffed up that last knock on. I know it's a good kick. But the good fullbacks would have got it, got to the ground and kept the ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10