NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bit harsh on Tom tonight here on Silvertails. Had a great game, was easily the most dangerous player on the field in attack looking like he is about to hit the real form soon. His defence was lacking but was better then past weeks. It doesn't help Uate is the most unreliable winger in the comp, he was rarely back for the kicks leaving Tom to clean up. That last knock on was going to happen no matter who was going after that ball. The ball landed close to the sideline, great kick. I dont know what everyone expected as it was going to be a raiders ball regardless, Tom saved a try there Cotric was hooning down and Uate was completely unaware. Tom has to be in the origin side, most likely on the wing or centres. No way he should miss out.

Bit harsh on Tom tonight here on Silvertails. Had a great game, was easily the most dangerous player on the field in attack looking like he is about to hit the real form soon. His defence was lacking but was better then past weeks. It doesn't help Uate is the most unreliable winger in the comp, he was rarely back for the kicks leaving Tom to clean up. That last knock on was going to happen no matter who was going after that ball. The ball landed close to the sideline, great kick. I dont know what everyone expected as it was going to be a raiders ball regardless, Tom saved a try there Cotric was hooning down and Uate was completely unaware. Tom has to be in the origin side, most likely on the wing or centres. No way he should miss out.

I agree that he's a great attacking player. No doubt there.

He may have saved the try. But for me Tommy needs to run as fast as he does during a break, during defence.

And there's talk he'll play at centre. I just worry about his choices in defence.

I agree that he's a great attacking player. No doubt there.

He may have saved the try. But for me Tommy needs to run as fast as he does during a break, during defence.

And there's talk he'll play at centre. I just worry about his choices in defence.
Yes he can be lazy at times, hopefully he grows out of that.

DCE might be a bit more of a chance for QLD now unfortunately, with Ben Hunt really struggling with this leg injury.

I say unfortunately as I want him there at Brookie on Thursday night.

DCE might be a bit more of a chance for QLD now unfortunately, with Ben Hunt really struggling with this leg injury.

They will still find a way of not picking Him

I actually don't want Him picked he will get blamed for everything that goes wrong with them this soo series

The only way he’ll get a mention is because of his goal kicking... but Munster, Morgan, Milford and Taylor would all be in front of him I believe. At least as far as Queenslander’s are concerned.

The only way he’ll get a mention is because of his goal kicking... but Munster, Morgan, Milford and Taylor would all be in front of him I believe. At least as far as Queenslander’s are concerned.

Maybe not Taylor.

Milford can kick goals, as can Munster. Neither are all that good at it, but they can do it.

The great Tooves has given his NSW selection:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Josh Addo-Carr
CE - Latrell Mitchell
CE - Euan Aitken
WG - Nick Cotric
FE - James Maloney
HB - Nathan Cleary
PR - Reagan Campbell-Gillard
HK - Cameron McInnes
PR - David Klemmer
SR - Boyd Cordner (c)
SR - Jack De Belin
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Tyrone Peachey, Paul Vaughan, Aaron Woods, Angus Crichton.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...tate-of-origin-side/q4tkq1kt770r1tfs03n5ad4k4

I care more about manly winning on Thursday night than nsw. Hopefully they only pick jake for nsw and qld pick scott, morgan, hess, cooper and Granville. Thurston also pulls out with severe whiplash

Not doubting Tooves' wisdom but my changes to his team are:
FB - Teddy
WG - Josh Addo-Carr
CE - Latrell Mitchell
CE - Roberts
WG - Nick Cotric
FE - James Maloney
HB - Nathan Cleary
PR - Reagan Campbell-Gillard
HK - Cook
PR - David Klemmer
SR - Boyd Cordner (c)
SR - Jack De Belin
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Tyrone Peachey, Paul Vaughan, Fafita, Angus Crichton.

McCullough called into Qld Sqaud:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/27...ns-race-for-queensland-maroons-hooker-jersey/

And
Cleary, Cook, James, Cotric, Addo-Carr, Roberts to make Blues debuts
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/27/nathan-cleary-damien-cook-to-make-state-of-origin-for-nsw-blues/

So Far Tom T not called into squad, we really need him this week against the cows.
Ryan James into the 17? I don't mind that. I had picked Fafita but James will do me just fine.

Chan 9 here in Brisbane just announced the QLD side , not official until tomorrow of course but Hunt will be the half, we’ll still have DCE on Thursday night!!

From NRL.com

Breaking: Tom & Jake Trbojevic, David Klemmer, Latrell Mitchell & James Tedesco are also in the Blues squad

Interesting though the below outside backs are already confirmed as being in the 29 man squad:

Tedesco, Trbojevic, Ado Carr, Mitchell, Cotric and Roberts

18CCDD01-C6E1-460F-A9BA-9CC5EAC1848D.jpeg

Predicted Blues team for Origin I:

1. James Tedesco

2. Josh Addo-Carr

3. Latrell Mitchell

4. James Roberts

5. Tom Trbojevic

6. James Maloney

7. Nathan Cleary

8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard

9. Damien Cook

10. David Klemmer

11. Boyd Cordner

12. Tyson Frizell

13. Jack de Belin

14. Tyrone Peachey

15. Jake Trbojevic

16. Paul Vaughan

17. Angus Crichton

---
Poor Turbo will be covering Bbq's and Roberts' many missed Ds as well as his own workload :eek:

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10