NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He played all the way with the panthers... was born in 97 and I am pretty sure Ivan was gone from here by then?

He played all the way with the panthers... was born in 97 and I am pretty sure Ivan was gone from here by then?

Yeah but his mum was playing for the Narrabeen Sharks when she fell pregnant with him*, so we're claiming him.

*This is totally made up and in the highly unlikely event that it has any similarity with the truth that is purely coincidental

Not seeing any reference to Manly juniors.

Born in Sydney, New South Wales, Cleary spent a number of his childhood years living in Auckland, New Zealand while his father was playing for, and later coaching, the New Zealand Warriors. Having grown up playing soccer, Cleary switched to rugby league during his pre-teens, playing at a junior level for the Mount Albert Lions in Auckland and the Penrith Brothers in Sydney.[2][3] He completed his HSC while attending St Dominic's College, Penrith in 2015, where he was a prefect.[4]

33964764_10155842769093074_2706028695847436288_o.jpg

Good on Freddy for banning mobiles in Camp:wait:

The young ones will actually have eye contact with people at their table :tmi::giggle:

#FreddyIsTheRealDalai

Forward thinking almost costs Tommy Turbo his spot
Mark this one down in the ‘you had one job’ department. When Brad Fittler caught up with Tom Trbojevic recently to discuss his Origin prospects, there was only one message. It’s fair to say, it didn’t sink in.

“I caught up with Freddy about three weeks ago and he made one point to me that he was going to stress throughout the whole camp,” Trbojevic explained. “He goes: ‘I just hate forward passes, they can’t happen in our game. You’ve got to cut them out of your game or you’re not going to win.’ Little do you know, the next week I threw two of them.”

Fittler at that stage had Trbojevic pencilled in as his fullback ahead of James Tedesco. But after watching ‘Tommy Turbo’ blatantly disregard the edict, he almost punted him from the side altogether.

“He went from fullback to gone,” Fittler said. “He just got back in. I couldn’t believe he threw two forward passes. Literally three days after our lunch, he threw two forward. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to neck him. Obviously he didn’t understand the message. I couldn’t have been franker – I hate forward passes. Don’t throw them. Stop it.”

We’re tipping the message has now sunk in.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...-providing-blues-quartet-20180529-p4zi7k.html

On a lighter note Fittler lifted the lid on a story about a chat he had with winger Tom Trbojevic in the lead up to the first squad announcement.

“I sat down with Tom a couple of weeks ago and I said look I want you in the team, but the one thing I can’t cop in your game is how many forward passes you throw,” Fittler explained.

“It is a real irk of mine how many forward passes are thrown because I went through my career and I reckon I didn’t throw one.

“Anyway he played that week and he threw two forward passes and I was ready to punch him in the head.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...m/news-story/d61eee8007bb3ec46b63b4f6d7564755

So he really likes Tom wanted to neck him and punch him in the head (depending on the news out let) like Maloney doesn’t throw the odd forward pass , your an idiot Fittler.

I'm worried about the lack of work rate in the NSW backs. Tom looks for a hitup but the rest are cowards. This could be trouble for the NSW pack
There's no one in the backs aside from Tom to take the early hit up in the middle of the field. I agree with Ricky Stuart - Cotric should have been on one wing and Tom at the back instead of Tedesco. Seems like Turbo was the fullback until he had that clanger against the Roosters.

On a selfish note .... I am not unhappy with Jake coming off the bench and missing the initial bash 'em stage ....

On a selfish note .... I am not unhappy with Jake coming off the bench and missing the initial bash 'em stage ....
I just hope he does not get an injury that will put him out on the sidelines for a long period
You can do an ACL at training . Its a matter of bad luck than big play .

I heard a couple of reporters on some fox show...can't remember, they are all kinda the same.

But they were under the impression that Jake will start and de bellin will come off the bench regardless of how the team was named.

Interesting teams. I think we have them covered in the forwards and they have us covered in the backs. Could very well come down to whose halves fire the best.

I think the NSW backs have more points in them. The question is how many will their piss poor defence let in?

Maloney, Mitchell, Roberts, Addo-Carr.....none are exactly known for their defensive games.

If 1nglis and Chambers are on their games and get good service from Munster, Hunt and McCulloch, Mitchell and Roberts could be in for a very tough initiation to senior representative football.

But I do agree, I think NSW have Qld covered in the forwards, even if Jake is starting on the bench.

Turbo and Jurbo just on 7 News, apparently arrived at 6am to Coogee from Mona Vale.@:eek:

Jurbo 'I said we had to get there early'

Turbo 'I said - I'll show you early!' :rofl:

I saw another interview where Tom was complaining that Jake always wants to get going a lot earlier than necessary.

Jake was unrepentant.

:giggle:@:cool:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12