NSW under 20s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty sure that rumour was for this year and I haven't heard anything since.. Would we be letting him warm up with the firsts if he has signed with the storm?

That was for this year and that was more than a rumour Pepi. Let's hope we sign him long term.

Sea Eagles youngsters primed for Suncorp showdown
  • ANDREW PRENTICE
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 01, 2015 10:21PM

STANDOUT junior Sea Eagles Liam Knight and Addison Demetriou have been rewarded for their scintillating form in the Holden Cup this season with selection in the NSW under-20 squad.

Former Blues front-rower Dean Pay has picked an 18-strong squad to meet Queensland on Wednesday at Suncorp Stadium in the curtain-raiser to State of Origin III.

Knight, who has been on the club’s books since he was 15, is buzzing for a crack at the junior Maroons.

“I can’t wait. The atmosphere up north will be a little intimidating but, at the same time, amazing,’’ the prop said.

“I was lucky enough to be picked for the Blues in the under-18s a couple of years ago, and we towelled them up. It was a great night.

story-fngr8iii-1227424253745

“Having Addison there as well is awesome. He has been killing it all year.”

Knight and the baby Blues head into camp at Kiama on Friday before flying to Brisbane on Monday.

Tom Trbojevic would have been a certain selection but has played more than five NRL games, making the 18-year-old ineligible.

Meanwhile, supporters have the opportunity to meet four of their heroes on Thursday afternoon at the club’s Brookvale superstore from 5pm.

Fullback Brett Stewart will be joined by prop Josh Starling and the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom.

Fans will also be able to have a photo with the Steve Rogers Memorial Trophy, which the Sea Eagles and Sharks are playing for on Sunday at Brookvale Oval.

The Sea Eagles are the current trophy holders, having won the piece of silverware on nine of the past 12 occasions it has been contested since 2006.

Sunday is also the final NRL appearance at Brookvale for Cronulla’s Jeff Robson.

The veteran halfback made his first-grade debut in maroon and white in 2004, before linking up with the Eels five seasons later.

Yes, he's one of those ones that has always done a job for whatever team he's represented, and always given it his best. Made the most of his (limited) talents, anyway! Same category as Willo, Glen Hall, Heath Lestrange etc.

Brothers Manly, Ramien played in the equivalent U18s game two weeks ago. He must be a fair bit younger than the others.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6