NYC live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
I reckon Tom Wright should be playing on the right side of the field , so he has more options to play direct or use his speed to run "overs". Tom is a natural right side runner- then give him the freedom to go to the left side when we have numbers.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
The fullback best in park.
Paseka some good carries
Wright seems great on feet, but unsure when to come into the game
Cust dissappointing
The bench was strong
Gutsy team effort all round - out enthused and pretty much dominant overall
Well played boys

I'd like to see Paseka used more , either direct around the A defender or even 2-3 passes wide running at a half (5/8) or centre.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I'd like to see Paseka used more , either direct around the A defender or even 2-3 passes wide running at a half (5/8) or centre.
Look.....agree 100% he would destroy the defence by both trampling over them wider plus, the unload on the edges would be a very tough to control.
Thing is - I simply like seeing him at this level get his hands on the ball and go North...just nice and direct.
He is actually very mobile for his size also and if he can play that Taumoulolo role and getting quality game time over quantity, we have a real winner here.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
What a joke RL has become if your 5/8th is restricted from playing on just one side of the field.

I agree. Coaches are operating more and more on close structures in the Grid Iron model. That's why a clever spontaneous player can make such a mess of a team that's focusing players too closely to only one corridor of play

The Who

Journey Man
I agree. Coaches are operating more and more on close structures in the Grid Iron model. That's why a clever spontaneous player can make such a mess of a team that's focusing players too closely to only one corridor of play
And I'm sure it also explains the chaos caused when a set play goes wrong, or something unexpected happens. It totally confuses the defence.
Cliffy and spontaneous-type players like Phil Blake and Johnny Gibbs would be coached out of today's game. How sad.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
And I'm sure it also explains the chaos caused when a set play goes wrong, or something unexpected happens. It totally confuses the defence.
Cliffy and spontaneous-type players like Phil Blake and Johnny Gibbs would be coached out of today's game. How sad.

It will come back when a coach realises just what you have described.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Funny thing is - the odd player like Thurston who is a left side attacker gets most of his applause for playing off the cuff....attacking the right when the opposition is short on that side....with obvious results - he doesn't stick his hand up. "Excuse me Paul Green, I know I am a left edge half, but I can see a 4 on 2 if I hit that right side behind the play the ball ?".....Oops while I was getting your approval, the defence has numbered up".... Just Play whats in front !!
Same as the early shift - teams are SO compressed that if you get outside that edge defender on an early tackle - there's a 3 on 2 all day....but this cliche 3 - 4 hitups, on 4-5 a shift to the open side...then kick....gets a bit drab and boring....can really see a team who chances the arm a bit setting some new trends.
The Ipswich Jets were good to watch and smashed the Qld Cup a few years back with this style....NRL you would need to be a bit tone it down to that extent...but it is a winning blueprint to play footy the opposition does not train to defend.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here we go

Attachments

• MI0003663423.jpg
    MI0003663423.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 12

Gambit

Awesome to see Funa back, was unstoppable in the first few rounds. This 20's team is starting to look really good right across the park with competiton for places as the list goes deep. The backs are strong and the forwards work great as a team and hunt in a pack. Hooker Fainu, fullback Polselli, 5/8 wright and lock Martin have all had great seasons. Also Faatui and Tarrant have been outstanding in the middle doing the dirty tough stuff that you don't get the accolades for. With Bainbridge and Funa back and Paseka improving each week things are deffinately on the up.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Awesome to see Funa back, was unstoppable in the first few rounds. This 20's team is starting to look really good right across the park with competiton for places as the list goes deep. The backs are strong and the forwards work great as a team and hunt in a pack. Hooker Fainu, fullback Polselli, 5/8 wright and lock Martin have all had great seasons. Also Faatui and Tarrant have been outstanding in the middle doing the dirty tough stuff that you don't get the accolades for. With Bainbridge and Funa back and Paseka improving each week things are deffinately on the up.
Glad you mentioned Faatui,he is consistent every single week,doesn't always get large minutes but is a hard worker,I rate him highly but you never hear about him...

Gambit

Glad you mentioned Faatui,he is consistent every single week,doesn't always get large minutes but is a hard worker,I rate him highly but you never hear about him...

Spot on. For mine Faatui has been the best Manly prop this year. No caviar and champagne just steak, eggs and chips. Makes a consistent 100m per week of just under 40mins per game. Usually replaces Paseka/Tarrant around the 20 min mark admittedly when the sting and speed have gone out of the game, however he really swings the momentum our way through his work rate and metres in the middle. Faatui (145m in 45 mins) and Tarrant (129m in 38 mins) really ran hard and rolled the tigers through the middle early in the second half.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12