"Official": Des Hasler appointed Manly coach - 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well, welcome back Des!

Here's hoping the old Manly success is back and the club moves forward in a positive way.

Hoping that 2019 is the year of the Sea Eagles!

I haven’t renewed my membership since Toovey was ousted, I may well just hand my money back into the ring after today.

Yes , I was a member for many years - but not 2018 . The decision to bring back Hasler who I have a lot more faith in than Barrett , I have decided I will renew membership for 2019. One thing for sure , Hasler will bring more structure in offence and more steel / toughness in defence .

Desus has been involved in half of the clubs premierships. 2 as a player 2 as a coach. From memory he played in another 2 gfs and coached us to 1 in the cap storm rort year.

We have to be optimistic about this. The right leader is at the helm. the frustration and infighting on these threads has to stop we are all on the same side. The rest of the world hates us. The walls are up on the fortress, lets get behind em.

2019 Bring it on.

Last edited:
I think its the right appointment. Players like Kelly, AFB, DCE and TTurbo will benefit the most from his style of coaching while it will be make or break for Suli, Elgey, Taufua, Sirro, etc to get fit and perform the basics of their jobs.

I am concerned about handing him cap management, especially with the apparent incentives built into his contract - however, I do appreciate that he may have had a plan on managing the salary cap problems that he left in the past. In fact, its quite possible that he was managing these problems continuously under his own system.

On this happy day, that red faced old **** Rothfool is still going on about how badly poor Trent has been treated by Manly. **** off, he quit. Yeah, sure, he's being so badly treated that he is getting paid a heap of money for the next 6 months, more money than most of us will earn in years, to do basically nothing. Gardening leave.

I am over all the bad news Manly stories. FMD, he can eat a dick and just **** off.

The day Des Hasler dragged me out of a pub
'My first instinct was ‘this can’t be good’.''

Written ByADAM LUCIUS @Lush178

I was two sips into that glorious weekly tradition known as the Friday arvo beer when the phone rang.

Des Hasler’s name filled the screen.

My first instinct was ‘this can’t be good’.

The second instinct was to brush the call, but that would only temporarily shelf the grief coming my way.

After warily pressing green instead of red, I stood in an alley outside Manly’s Steyne Hotel and spent the next 40 minutes being bashed around both ears.

Des was not happy that on a podcast featuring myself, Bulldog Ritchie and Peter Peters, Zorba had questioned Melbourne’s culture.

It was right at the height of the fierce Melbourne-Manly rivalry.

“What are you doing? We’re playing them tomorrow and they’re reading Zorba’s quotes out on the team bus right now,” Hasler fumed.

“You’ve just made our job 100 times harder. How fired up do you think they’re going to be now?”

Not very, as it turned out.

Manly won easily.

The next time I bumped into Dessie, I mentioned the Friday night spray.

“Nah, nah…all good….that was just a gee-up. You didn’t think I was serious, did you?” he said.

“But can you just not ask Zorba about Manly next time.”

Hasler is a control freak, whether it’s dealing with the media, players, coaching staff, CEOs or salary caps.

He’s even been known to word up the Manly ball-boys on best practice policy after penalty kicks.

Those who know him best laugh at suggestions he is a changed man, that the leopard has changed its spots ahead of his second coming at Manly.

Don’t believe it for a minute.

Even before the Bic left the paper on his new contract, Des was back to his cunning, scheming best.

He’s organised coaching staff, talked pre-season training schedules and rung around about players – those he wants to get rid of and those he wants to bring in.

“Hasler has a work ethic which makes one want to have a lie down,” friend and former colleague Peter Peters says.

“Almost without fail he is first at work at 7 am and last to leave at around 7pm.

“But that doesn't mean he has finished work. He regularly calls up to 11 pm and often after midnight with his familiar "I didn't wake you, did I?"

“When you are in his inner sanctum you are on call for 24 hours. He expects his staff to work to the standards he sets himself.”

With Hasler back, it’s time to start hating Manly again.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...s-nrl-pub-melbourne/ipggld5h82o51sabl33dxt9el

With regards to who will be Des' staff....

He did briefly mention good things about both Chad Randall and John Cartwright. Whether that means that they'll be his assistants remains to be seen as only time will tell.

He was asked about others like Donny, but his answer was that today was only his first day back and he wants to have a look around before he starts making plans. Though no doubt that he already has a few ideas.

He also refused to talk about Barrett and passed off any questions about him to Scott Penn. All he did say was that he hasn't spoken to him.

He was also asked about the facilities and said that there would be no issue with them.

D7B93A0B-E1F5-42DE-BC6E-5541897B205A.jpeg
BT W
It’s time to attack
Get on

Just on the membership count - keep in mind that a lot of the auto-renews happened today (like mine)
But I would like to think that the announcement has contributed to the total.

Membership count currently:
Sea Eagles: 3,489
Rooters: 7,994
Storm: 1,270
Bunnies: 23,027...

Come on Manly people . Become a member of our proud club . Don't let the Roosters and Bunnies supporters show us up

untitled.png
untitled.png
untitled.png

My 2 cents.. Stoked he's back.. Said from day 1 ide love des back.. He's a champion coach, and I think ALOT of tooves success came off the back of Haslers work... Great signing

Are you going full tipping comp push with this?

The true Manly spirit represents Manly people always sticking together !!!
The Manly brother hood spirit that stands for all for one and one for all . . This is the spirit that unites our club when we face adversity. This is the spirit that lifts our club to greater heights .
This is the spirit where Great people Like Max Delmege and the Penns and all the loyal members of our club dig in and keep the club going .
It is the same Manly spirit that keeps our Manly Silvertails forum going .
Our forum is fun but the fun needs funds to keep it viable .
Looking forward to seeing everyone that has fun on this informative , entertaining forum where every one has their say to get into the true Manly spirit and show their loyalty and keep it active by joining the Silvertails Tipping comp next season .
Who has the true Manly spirit ?
Show it where it counts !!!
52409SO.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10