OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 Year Deal for Seibold:

Manly show faith in Seibold with long-term deal

Manly will offer Anthony Seibold a three-year deal to turn the club into a premiership force as the Sea Eagles inch closer to officially announcing Des Hasler’s replacement.

Former Rabbitohs and Broncos coach Seibold is expected to be given considerable time to morph Manly into a genuine top four side as Manly and the coach’s management thrash out the finer details of his contract.y Video

According to sources familiar with the situation, the Sea Eagles are working on an initial deal which will take Seibold through to the end of 2025.

The three-year proposal is a vote of faith from owner and chairman Scott Penn in the England rugby union assistant, who is likely to miss the start of Manly’s pre-season to finish his commitments with Eddie Jones in Europe.

While he took up a monster deal with Brisbane which had a sixth year in his favour, Seibold’s contract with Manly will be shorter, but still offer him time to make his own mark on a club where he was a former assistant.

The Sea Eagles are circling premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan to be Seibold’s assistant on the northern beaches.

Flanagan is currently in charge of St George Illawarra’s list management while juggling various media roles, but has openly discussed his ambition to return to coaching.

Manly is facing a looming legal threat from Hasler, who was sacked last week after months of negotiations over whether he would be granted an extension for 2024.

The club baulked at offering the legendary Sea Eagles player and coach another 12 months on top of his existing deal for 2023, and decided to move quickly on Seibold.

One of Hasler’s long-term confidants, performance guru Don Singe, took to social media on Monday night to announce he was leaving the club as the Sea Eagles prepare to usher in a new era under Seibold.

Manly officials have also been in contact with star fullback Tom Trbojevic after Hasler’s sacking to alleviate his concerns over the direction of the club.

Trbojevic called a meeting with his manager Paul Sutton the day after Hasler’s sacking with the agent claiming the Dally M winner and his brother Jake were concerned the club was “imploding” over the Hasler saga.

Three years eh? It'll either go very well, or in about 18 or so months we'll be pondering how much he'll be paid out and who the next coach will be.
Please let it be the first option!

I’m ok with giving Seibold a shot (nervously). I saw Renouf’s comments yesterday, but, he had South’s flying and won the Dally M. Perhaps players south of the border can deal with a little more tactical complexity than those players north of the border, who like to keep it simple. They do after all still fret over their curtains fading, and the chooks and cows getting confused if daylight savings was adopted up there. He also gets a tick in my view being taken on by Eddie Jones in a senior role in a national team (even if it is a silly game).

Penn gives the coach a 3 year deal, when said coach has not lasted any longer than 2 years in each of his 3 latest appointments including presently English rugby.
Fingers crossed things are different this time round

Personally I would have offered 2 years with a clause for a third year based on performances.

Although I’d agree it’ll take at least 2 years to revamp the roster , if that’s what he’s proposing.

Yeah, it's a hard one ... you want a coach secure enough to make decisions for the future, rather than short term gain ... but you also don't want to be carrying a dud .. or paying him out ... just got to bite the bullet .

Yeah, it's a hard one ... you want a coach secure enough to make decisions for the future, rather than short term gain ... but you also don't want to be carrying a dud .. or paying him out ... just got to bite the bullet .
Nothing is guaranteed .Not even the Great Des as we found out his time was up

As you rightly say woodsie you just have to bite the bullet

And at the end of the day regardless of any length of contract if a coach does not perform he gets the bullet

The Bullett is the nature of the competitive results driven beast

Agreed - i'm nervous about Seibold. But to give him a fair crack i think he needs 3 years.

It sounds like the right length.
We all wish Seibold success because when he succeeds so does Manly

He knows that there is no Mercy for Mediocrity at Manly

He knows the drill :)

All about the $$$ is Des. He's after $1mil plus payout because of his delusional thinking that jerseygate cost him a top 6 spot. They did the right thing in getting rid of him.
We all need to become club members so the club can raise the money to pay him out :)

All about the $$$ is Des. He's after $1mil plus payout because of his delusional thinking that jerseygate cost him a top 6 spot. They did the right thing in getting rid of him.
You are right.

Q. How many times did i feel good about being a Manly fan in 2022?

A. 3 x For 70 minutes v Cowboys and Storm and Parra

The last 10 minutes of those games and the rest of the year was rubbish.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8