Official Side V Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=182656.msg255015#msg255015 date=1268799888]
henjak did it last year as well, some coaches do it and some don't

I believe Des to be a superb coach. I think these unusual circumstances we find ourselves in dictate that Des gets over the issue of risk and move forward boldly.
[/quote]  Let's face it, when Des was a player he was called "solid and dependable" rather than "breathtaking or brilliant".  He has carried this into his coaching. 

It is all very well when the winds blow in our favour as they did in 2008.  2009 tells us we now face a 14 point deficit with 10 minutes to play.  We need Des to try a kick over the top - we don't need deep kicks to the fullback right now. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182656.msg255042#msg255042 date=1268805432]

I believe Des to be a superb coach. I think these unusual circumstances we find ourselves in dictate that Des gets over the issue of risk and move forward boldly.
[/quote]  Let's face it, when Des was a player he was called "solid and dependable" rather than "breathtaking or brilliant".  He has carried this into his coaching. 

It is all very well when the winds blow in our favour as they did in 2008.  2009 tells us we now face a 14 point deficit with 10 minutes to play.  We need Des to try a kick over the top - we don't need deep kicks to the fullback right now. 
[/quote]

Of course i agree.

Im waiting for someone to now bring up the issue of KPIs.  ;D

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182656.msg255066#msg255066 date=1268810836]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182656.msg255042#msg255042 date=1268805432]

[/quote]  Let's face it, when Des was a player he was called "solid and dependable" rather than "breathtaking or brilliant".  He has carried this into his coaching.  

It is all very well when the winds blow in our favour as they did in 2008.  2009 tells us we now face a 14 point deficit with 10 minutes to play.  We need Des to try a kick over the top - we don't need deep kicks to the fullback right now.  
[/quote]

Of course i agree.

Im waiting for someone to now bring up the issue of KPIs.  ;D
[/quote] Then let's debate the chicken and the egg.  Did our woes start with Des' risk averseness or the rot that set in with the juvenile squabbles of our co-owners?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182656.msg255069#msg255069 date=1268811068]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182656.msg255066#msg255066 date=1268810836]

[/quote]  Let's face it, when Des was a player he was called "solid and dependable" rather than "breathtaking or brilliant".  He has carried this into his coaching.  

It is all very well when the winds blow in our favour as they did in 2008.  2009 tells us we now face a 14 point deficit with 10 minutes to play.  We need Des to try a kick over the top - we don't need deep kicks to the fullback right now.  
[/quote]

Of course i agree.

Im waiting for someone to now bring up the issue of KPIs.  ;D
[/quote] Then let's debate the chicken and the egg.  Did our woes start with Des' risk averseness or the rot that set in with the juvenile squabbles of our co-owners?
[/quote]

If im realistic I still cant compare this years situation with last years troubles onfield and the off field owner dramas. Bit hard to blame this solely on a systemic coaching problem, as this years positional situation is vastly different to 09 & 08.

Still.........changes must be made I say and if Des doesnt make them then that indicates to me that he maybe set in his ways.

I tend to agree with you regarding Des. Perhaps if he perseveres with Robbo for more than a couple of weeks, we should start some sort of public campaign of supporter dissatisfaction.

Whether it be; banners at the ground, letters to the editor(Manly Daily), comments on stories or blogs in the Telegraph etc....

Once it gets into the mainstream media, Des will have to address the problem.

Daddycool link said:
I tend to agree with you regarding Des. Perhaps if he perseveres with Robbo for more than a couple of weeks, we should start some sort of public campaign of supporter dissatisfaction.

Whether it be; banners at the ground, letters to the editor(Manly Daily), comments on stories or blogs in the Telegraph etc....

You are surely joking! How about a petition to sack Des for incompetence? We could try to drum up support for it on the footy show.  :p

Daddycool link said:

i really hope your being sarcastic. Des is a fantastic coach, whilst your a mediocre arm chair critic at best. This kind of ill concieved idea is exactly the SAME kind of instability that the media jumped on in 09 with regards to the co-owner sandpit fight.

GF: 40 - 0. as a coach that is perfection.

People advocating putting U20's in have a right to their opinion, but its seriously laughable when you start talking about something as though it was a problem when its end of Round 1 and Robbo hasn't even returned one ball.

Fluffy link said:
so one 40 - 0 GF is perfection.

what is 4 gfs straight and 2 wins? God?
4 gf and 2 wins = news ltd cocksmoker

hahaha hey fluff who got susspended kite or george hahahahahahaha ;)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I doubt that side will run out personally, playing on a Monday night Des normally just throws a side at the NRL and it changes by game day

If I hadn't have watched the game last night and read this forum today without knowing the score I would have thought we had lost 56-6 or something !! For 60mins the side looked great, with minimal input from B Stewart at the back. George is the big loss for mine, hopefully it sparks Perry into gear

Agree, I think Des will make changes..

I think it feels like we lost 56-6 becuase losing BSS/Wolfy for such a long time is so devastating (well, I am devastated about wolfy, don't know about you guys  :p). I know that we were doing well with minimal input from BSS but when we're challenged by better teams throughout the course of the year, it will have a big impact.

Gawd, I hope Des does come to his senses.. I think he went with Wangman at fullback last year because he thought that BSS would be back sooner than he was, and he's had wangman there before. Was a safe move. This time around we know BSS is out for a million years, let's be sensible.

Please, Des:
1. Farrar
2. Wangman
3. Killer
4. Matai
5. Whare
6. Foran (he's noooooot a halfbaaaaaaaack!)
7. Hodko

Pleaseeee..

no chance nita. What Des named will be the starting side.. MAYBE Whare instead of Bailey.. but i doubt it

Bailey could stop Tahu. I am not so sure that Whare could, though haven't seen him since last year.

KaZa link said:
no chance nita. What Des named will be the starting side.. MAYBE Whare instead of Bailey.. but i doubt it

Raah, I know.. wishful thinking I guess. Please stop being so risk adverse Des..

SER8 has a point.  Parra has two big aggressive centres in Smith and Tahu then they have that other big guy who can offload.  They all need stopping.  Rodney in the centres?  Someone who has a reputation for endless tackling.  Beaver was very good at that so where is another one in the team?Lyon needs to be there accompanied by a large terrier.

A look at the stats shows just how much Manly lack with regular winger Michael Robertson in the No.1.

Robertson ranked 14th in average kick return metres last year amongst players who played 10 or more games at fullback with 42.6 metres per match, while also coming up with six tries and just seven linebreaks in 20 games at the back.

Compare that to Stewart who, in just five games, produced six tries, three linebreaks and an average of 57 metres on kick returns.

Even in defence Robertson was somewhat of a liability with 36 missed tackles compared to just 51 effective tackles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6