Olakau'Atu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This bloke is Big and aggressive which is missing big time, has Massive skills and adds an X factor in attack....also can whack in defence which seems an age ago....
We have a few big forwards who seem to grab and hold rather than dig the shoulders in and drive...certainly zero intimidation and the opposition would wake up Monday without a bruise !!
There is obvious talk about a lack of speed, but the problems we have defensively are starting in the middle....very soft and losing 90% of contacts with and without the ball and if nothing else this bloke will hurt a few, which is key to winning back authority and confidence.
Out of All the players who need to be advanced to the 17, put this bloke up with Schuster and Hoppa....in fact, maybe ahead of them as these youngsters will appreciate coming into a side that holds it's own in the middle....this big bopper needs to get a shot and soon...
It's too bad he's scared of rainbows

It's too bad he's scared of rainbows
Rambo (Olakau’atu) is not afraid of rainbows
and he loves playing in the rain

1*6A6TH2-244JO17ciueMV3g.jpeg

But you watch the media come out and say, regardless of whats been said , there is still a division amongst some players. They wont let this go

The losing run to end 2022 made it easy for the media beat up, but was more down to a team missing key players and down on confidence.
The way to make it go away is to play good footy and Win games.

In reality he had a very average year last year ( and wasn’t alone ).

He’s one player we do need firing as he can be damaging.

4th for all backrowers in the NRL for trys
5th for linebreaks
1st for tackle busts
16th for metres per game

Very average is hyperbole.

He was devastating early in the season and was in line for an Origin call up (but chose Tonga). Admittedly trailled of towards the end of the year like the entire team but overall his season was quite good.

The losing run to end 2022 made it easy for the media beat up, but was more down to a team missing key players and down on confidence.
The way to make it go away is to play good footy and Win games.
I don’t know. I’m always sceptical of the media but I’m not so sure that they weren’t on the money in this case. The team was certainly played like they didn’t care much about each other and/or the club. It didn’t look like a happy camp.

4th for all backrowers in the NRL for trys
5th for linebreaks
1st for tackle busts
16th for metres per game

Very average is hyperbole.

He was devastating early in the season and was in line for an Origin call up (but chose Tonga). Admittedly trailled of towards the end of the year like the entire team but overall his season was quite good.
Just further to this, a comparison to Kikau last season who is simliar as an attacking impact player and a player that most in the game consider to be elite.

Tries
Olakau'atu - 10
Kikau - 9

Try Assists
Kikau - 10
Olakau'atu - 0

Rum metres per game
Olakau'atu - 99
Kikau - 85

Line breaks
Olakau'atu - 10
Kikau - 9

Tackle busts
Olakau'atu - 100
Kikau - 63

Offloads
Kikau - 42
Olakau'atu - 9

Tackles per game
Olakau'atu - 25
Kikau - 21

Missed tackles
Olakau'atu - 49
Kikau - 71

Errors
Olakau'atu - 16
Kikau - 28

Tackle efficiency
Olakau'atu - 87%
Kikau - 84%

Penalties
Olakau'atu - 5
Kikau - 16

Are we saying Kikau had a very very average year?

I don’t know. I’m always sceptical of the media but I’m not so sure that they weren’t on the money in this case. The team was certainly played like they didn’t care much about each other and/or the club. It didn’t look like a happy camp.

I agree Marcus .... but I'm not certain it was a rift in the playing group ... I reckon it was more likely a rift between the players and the club management ...

The great thing is, we have left and right options, who are both potentially dynamic close to the line and can score by running lines, or offload.

Just further to this, a comparison to Kikau last season who is simliar as an attacking impact player and a player that most in the game consider to be elite.

Tries
Olakau'atu - 10
Kikau - 9

Try Assists
Kikau - 10
Olakau'atu - 0

Rum metres per game
Olakau'atu - 99
Kikau - 85

Line breaks
Olakau'atu - 10
Kikau - 9

Tackle busts
Olakau'atu - 100
Kikau - 63

Offloads
Kikau - 42
Olakau'atu - 9

Tackles per game
Olakau'atu - 25
Kikau - 21

Missed tackles
Olakau'atu - 49
Kikau - 71

Errors
Olakau'atu - 16
Kikau - 28

Tackle efficiency
Olakau'atu - 87%
Kikau - 84%

Penalties
Olakau'atu - 5
Kikau - 16

Are we saying Kikau had a very very average year?
wow those stats would suggest that Oka is better and certainly better value than Kikau apart from try assists .
There is that saying if you torture the data long enough it will confess to pretty much anything you want ,however in this case i don't think that applies ,Go Oka and GoManly .And yes I would love to see him at pace running off the occasional no looker(only joking) from the Schu !!!

wow those stats would suggest that Oka is better and certainly better value than Kikau apart from try assists .
There is that saying if you torture the data long enough it will confess to pretty much anything you want ,however in this case i don't think that applies ,Go Oka and GoManly .And yes I would love to see him at pace running off the occasional no looker(only joking) from the Schu !!!
Yeah stats dont show the full picture but they do help disprove the narrative that he had a "very average year".

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10