Other Games [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not Penrith.jpg

This loss is gonna sting the GC. They have a bye next round, followed by Doggies and Phins. They would have been banking on 3 from 3 and a bye for the cushy start to the season.

Hope all the De$ lovers on here have taken notice of this. Horrible start to be flogged in round 1 by a team many many people have picked for the spoon.

For what it’s worth I think we’ve been the best performed team of round 1. Obviously a long way to go but the signs are good and if Tom can stay fit the sky is the limit

Once foz was ruled out changed my tip last minute and proven correct.

Dragons on that performance won't get the spoon.

Picked the Queens early in the week based on the lineups. Flanagan will at least get them competing. They will improve in the past couple seasons I think.

Des and the Goldy. Yuck.

Hope all the De$ lovers on here have taken notice of this. Horrible start to be flogged in round 1 by a team many many people have picked for the spoon.

For what it’s worth I think we’ve been the best performed team of round 1. Obviously a long way to go but the signs are good and if Tom can stay fit the sky is the limit
Even in our best years with Des we always lost trials and started slow. He clearly doesn't emphasise early season performances.

Even in our best years with Des we always lost trials and started slow. He clearly doesn't emphasise early season performances.
In his last stint with us he clearly didn't emphasise mid- or late-season performances either.

I will always respect and admire what Des did for the club from 2004-2011, but I meant every single curse I heaped on him and Toddles Greenberg when he left us for the Bulldogs, and I hope he flames out spectacularly at the Titans and sues them for wrongful termination on his way out.

Not concerned about conceding 5 tries against an under strength Rabbits?

Remember the days back when Watmough was regularly pinged by referees for not playing the ball properly.

Now in Rd 1 2024 St George, Parramatta & Knights players went full roll ball after every tackle and no one calls them up. It can't be a coincidence whole teams have chosen to play the ball this way.

Remember the days back when Watmough was regularly pinged by referees for not playing the ball properly.

Now in Rd 1 2024 St George, Parramatta & Knights players went full roll ball after every tackle and no one calls them up. It can't be a coincidence whole teams have chosen to play the ball this way.
Yeah I noticed a number of dubious play the balls this weekend. It’s like they forgot to police the foot touching the ball (or at least attempting to).

I think Des is past it. It’s only round 1 and I’m sure they’ll get better and jag a few good wins here and there but his systems aren’t elite and haven’t been for over 10 years now.

19’ and 21’ under Des were enjoyable seasons but I never really believed were a serious chance. 20’ and 22’ were absolute debacles, as were his last couple of years at Canterbury.

Usually the Titans look better in round 1 than they did last night. They’ve usually got thrilling attack even when their defence falters. Now they don’t even have that.

I think Des is past it. It’s only round 1 and I’m sure they’ll get better and jag a few good wins here and there but his systems aren’t elite and haven’t been for over 10 years now.

19’ and 21’ under Des were enjoyable seasons but I never really believed were a serious chance. 20’ and 22’ were absolute debacles, as were his last couple of years at Canterbury.

Usually the Titans look better in round 1 than they did last night. They’ve usually got thrilling attack even when their defence falters. Now they don’t even have that.
Imo Des's best years have passed him/ or the game has passed him. I don't think he has evolved with the game & his recent teams seem to lack fitness/ defensive ability & are very predictable in attack.

Here we go, the Rd 1 Premiers, 'I-told-you-so" cheer squad ring leader lol. Try not to shoot your load too early mate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8